NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread has officially become annoying to read. I signed up to show everyone my NECA customs but it got completely buried by nonsense posts. So I'd like to repost what I wrote earlier to get some feedback. What do you think of my slight customs to these figures? Anything I can do to improve?

I really love this figure series. I love the new paint job they gave the classic and the slight gloss to make him look wet. The headsculpt is basically perfect! I customized mine to make him slightly more movie accurate by giving him leather bandages around his elbows and knees. I just used rubber bands, cut them up and used a brown marker to make them look like leather. He looks so much better now and it covers up the joints! Here's some pics:

classiccust1.jpg

classiccust2.jpg

classiccust3.jpg

classiccust4.jpg

(Love his side profile!)

I also customized Elder to make him more movie accurate. I removed his wristblades, used skinnier rubber bands to wrap around his gauntlet and found some very fine mesh cloth to wrap around his computer gauntlet like he has in the movie. I also removed the chest and tricep tubing since he doesn't have those either. Now my figures look amazing. (These are my first two NECA figures and I'm glad I started collecting them when I did). This line looks way better than the previous 2. Can't wait for the future series to create my own Lost tribe!!

eldercust1.jpg

eldercust2.jpg

And here they are watching over my PC :p

duo1.jpg

And here's my desk...I just started the hobby of collecting figures and now look...it all started with Hot Toys Berserker Pred...

duo2.jpg

I honestly don't mind the imperfect paint job on these figures and I'll tell you why. I think these figs look great mainly because of the fantastic sculpts. In the movies, the creatures weren't 'picture perfect clean.' The movies were grainy and so looked the creatures. I feel like these figures reflect that dirty look just the same. It really feels like they stepped right out of the grainy, gritty screen. I mean that's just me, but I really enjoy that.

The screen might have been grainy, but you can definitely see the incredible detail/quality put into the costumes..
I get what you're saying, though..

The screen might have been grainy, but you can definitely see the incredible detail/quality put into the costumes..
I get what you're saying, though..

Yeah, no doubt about the detail/quality in the costumes. But I'm basically referring to the paint. The series 3 figures show incredible detail in my opinion (for a 7 inch figure) and I am really happy with mine.

More insults here and there may be infractions and/or the thread may be closed.

seems like one member is trying to provoke everyone but it would be a shame to see the thread close, since we are all Predator fans here talking about the figures...
but yeah I hope doesn't come to that, like i said, one member is rattling all the cages...

I'm thinking about re-painting the mask on one of my Masked Predators because it has some blemishes on it. Can anyone recommend a paint or some paints (preferably Vallejo or Citadel) for this job?

I'm thinking about re-painting the mask on one of my Masked Predators because it has some blemishes on it. Can anyone recommend a paint or some paints (preferably Vallejo or Citadel) for this job?

you mean silver paint? like P1?
i asked the same question on the 1/4 predator custom thread, you could check

If you don't like the products don't buy them.

If you wish to talk about "constructively" Alien figures go here

Also this is a discussion thread over how awesome these figures are take your childish arguing somewhere else and stop attacking people on here this is not the place for it.

I will not reply to anything you say as I have made my point.

Use a base coat of silver, and then drybrush grey... a little black too for the grime. Most of my experience is modding and repainting Enterbay Bruce Lee, but I think what I said will work pretty well. Use a couple of pics as reference while you paint

Use a base coat of silver, and then drybrush grey... a little black too for the grime. Most of my experience is modding and repainting Enterbay Bruce Lee, but I think what I said will work pretty well. Use a couple of pics as reference while you paint

Thank you very much!

This figure is PHENOMENAL!!! Paint apps are excellent considering the scale and price. It probably helped that the Predator has complex designs that make it hard for painting screw-ups to be noticeable (unlike Robocop, which has PLENTY of paint goofs). While some of the joints are tight, I haven't run into any breakage issues, and the figure holds poses beautifully.

Since my camera batteries were dying, I only got off a few pics, and this is one of them (obviously with some Photoshop enhancement).

predatorNECA_comp01.jpg

More of what is in the upcoming 2-pack.

Looks like it's not a battle damaged P2...hopefully it's the masked version.

Newdesign.jpg

More of what is in the upcoming 2-pack.

Looks like it's not a battle damaged P2...hopefully it's the masked version.

Newdesign.jpg

NECA's Twitter page pretty much alluded to the fact that it is. We've seen the mask prototype as well so I say yes and hope it is too!

And now is pretty much the only time they have to release it since we know he won't be in the other upcoming series...unless we have to wait for like a year which would be ridiculous.

I think the two pack will contain: Semi cloaked Berserker with switch out long blades (one cloaked, one not) and a super pred skull. Masked P2 with 2 spears (one closed, one extended), a smart disc, an interchangeable hand and a skull/spine trophy. That seems pretty stacked to me!

Back