NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my elder pred today from CSC. He looks great!!!! I love the accesories it comes with too and the packaging looks cool!

The only gripe I have is I want to keep this packaged...but the cardboard backing at the bottom is longer than the molded plastic.

So basically, you cant stand it up in the package without bending the cardboard or the package falling over...:gah:

Other than that, it's AWESOME!!!! Bring on the rest of the Lost Hunters!

:)

I actually have a bunch of action figs that I like to keep packaged. Mostly from Halo. I bought some of those plastic hooks at Menards that don't damage the wall when removed but stick to it. That way I can just hang them on the wall and don't need to put a nail or screw in the drywall. I did it in my basement. I wouldn't do it all over the house tho or you'll look like the 40 year old virgin.

If you can't take a mass market figure out of the package and bend the joints with out breaking them, then that's not impatience that's piss poor products! People shouldn't have to take a toy they can get from Toys R Us and need to dip it in scolding hot water to loosen them up enough to bend, because 90% of people don't know about issues like that, or that that's something they can do to rectify the problem. Point is, NECA needs to put a better product out.

You really believe that? I don't at all. I know guys want a better netting but the factory has us by the balls in many ways. I think the netting is OK. Could it be better heck yeah but getting the factory to give us what we want is like pulling teeth. Remember what you are getting for 70 bucks at Toys AU. It seems only one guy has even found a good netting while customizing this thing.

i for one, will not buy anymore 19 inch predators, if the netting is not changed and improved, and made more accurate and durable.
$70 is not chicken feed to me .
i would even be willing to pay more, to get improved and accurate netting.this is how i feel.no hate at all.

Last edited:
I picked up two Elders and a masked P1 today at TRU. The one closest to me didn't have them but I drove about an hour and a half away for another event (to northern CT) and they had them. The paint aps on the Elder look a lot nicer in person than when blown up in the photos. I'm satisfied!

How much were the figures at TRU? Thanks.

If you can't take a mass market figure out of the package and bend the joints with out breaking them, then that's not impatience that's piss poor products! People shouldn't have to take a toy they can get from Toys R Us and need to dip it in scolding hot water to loosen them up enough to bend, because 90% of people don't know about issues like that, or that that's something they can do to rectify the problem. Point is, NECA needs to put a better product out.

I do agree with this statement. The average person will not know to put it in hot water before trying to bend the joints. It shouldn't be needed and it most certainly isn't impatience. QC needs to be better on these products.

I do agree with this statement. The average person will not know to put it in hot water before trying to bend the joints. It shouldn't be needed and it most certainly isn't impatience. QC needs to be better on these products.

Exactly! How many kids will open these on birthdays and Christmas, and break the joints?! Yes, you can return them, but try telling that to your upset kid and then waiting a day or two, and waiting in ungodly long lines after Christmas. Fix the damn joints!!!

If these are intended as 'toys' for younger people or even kids then they should be more durable, not less, than a Hot Toys figure if you ask me. The joints are there to be moved, they should be able to do that without breaking right out of the damn box or even shortly after. Yes eventually toys can break but too many NECA figures break immediately or are already broken in the box.

157_6011.jpg

157_6082.jpg

157_6088.jpg

157_6120.jpg

Is this really the 1/4 scale version? Looks amazing! :D.

If these are intended as 'toys' for younger people or even kids then they should be more durable, not less, than a Hot Toys figure if you ask me. The joints are there to be moved, they should be able to do that without breaking right out of the damn box or even shortly after. Yes eventually toys can break but too many NECA figures break immediately or are already broken in the box.

Not to excuse the fragiility of the figure - or sticky joints, but what's the age range on the packaging - is it 17+? I don't remember...

How much were the figures at TRU? Thanks.

Just $15! And worth every cent, as far as I'm concerned. People who complain about these need to remember that they're $15... and a tank of gas is now close to $80.

i've been doing this to my figures since my McFarlane collecting days, which had far worse breakage issues than NECA's stuff. it's not a trade secret that softening plastic keeps it from breaking, and if i can figure that out, so can you. these are mass-market collectibles meant for display, not pro wrestling toys that little kids can tear out of the box and bang around.

i don't think NECA can afford to put out a better product. these are as good as NECA is set up to make. and they're limited by what materials and manufacturing methods are available. maybe if they were based in China like HT is, they could have more say in how their products turn out, but they're not. but maybe they should include some instructions on how to soften the figures before trying to pose them and curb most of the breakage issues. i've owned figures that had instructions like that before, it's a good policy.
Not to excuse the fragiility of the figure - or sticky joints, but what's the age range on the packaging - is it 17+? I don't remember...
yeah, i just checked. it's 17+.

Last edited:
i've been doing this to my figures since my McFarlane collecting days, which had far worse breakage issues than NECA's stuff.

That just wasn't my experience with McFarlane stuff apart from the Matrix APU. Everything else was fine. I didn't start getting breaks on McFarlane figures till years later, just recently in fact. So for me, NECAs QC has always been worse.

That just wasn't my experience with McFarlane stuff apart from the Matrix APU. Everything else was fine. I didn't start getting breaks on McFarlane figures till years later, just recently in fact. So for me, NECAs QC has always been worse.

Indeed. I used to have a couple of the earlier Spawn figures as a kid back in 94 and I played with them a little and not once did any of the joints break. I used to have quite a few of the earlier Movie Maniacs and never had any problem with them breaking and this was way before I knew to dip figures in hot water to loosen up the joints.

Just $15! And worth every cent, as far as I'm concerned. People who complain about these need to remember that they're $15... and a tank of gas is now close to $80.

Thanks dude!
My local comic shop had them for $19.99 so I'll wait until TRU gets them in. When you get a chance, can you please post the SKU #'s. I prefer calling ahead to check stop instead of just driving around and wasting gas.
Thanks!

if you monkeyed around with the joints right after removing it from the package, then impatience was a major contributing factor to the breakage. mine didn't break because i heated them up and reassembled them before posing.

and i didn't say you're a hater, i said a couple people complained about the arms breaking. which is true. in fact, i questioned the presence of haters. you gotta keep up a little better, guy.

Cut me some slack, jack. Up until really getting involved with this thread I never realized the need for dipping new figures in warm water before "monkeying" with them. :dunno

Back