NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
meh....i could probably wait for the actual gort pred to come out and buy two just to put the head on the classic... it'd be cheaper than trying to buy this off ebay with all the scalpers!

With me, I plan on getting the entire Tribe, and making a nice display to put them all in. But, with that SDCC exclusive, I want to keep it in package to display it. Then, if they're cheap after SDCC, then I'll pick another one up for some kind of display :D

With me, I plan on getting the entire Tribe, and making a nice display to put them all in. But, with that SDCC exclusive, I want to keep it in package to display it. Then, if they're cheap after SDCC, then I'll pick another one up for some kind of display :D

Yea, if i got one, i'd leave it in the package.. then hang it on the wall next to a packaged classic with the normal mask, that'd be cool.:)

That because it was the original design for the first film. That's why NECA is doing it, they're promising every film design (even though this one never actually made the screen).

This is NECA's plan.

I'm sure you already know this stuff, but just FYI for others who might just be jumping in. Here's some catch-up info for others-

One with some Twitter pics;
https://www.predatorstuff.com/2011/...ator-toy-updates-from-the-good-folks-at-neca/

And once again, the proto pics of boar and Hippie;
preds.png

Damn I want these guys in 1/4 scale so bad!:gah:

Looks good, dunno why people are complaining about the paint..

@Sprig
You should try making the inside of the ship from P2.. That would be an awesome display. And if you couldn't get all the details right, you could just make it up as you go along, it would still look great.. :lol

Sounds like a good plan.
That's what I would do. :)

Here's another shot.

Also, something I just noticed about the Gort mask...doesn't look like it has a targeting laser.

necasdcc1.jpg

You should try making the inside of the ship from P2.. That would be an awesome display. And if you couldn't get all the details right, you could just make it up as you go along, it would still look great.. :lol

That's my intent. With doing all my customs until these all get released, that should help fine-tune some of my techniques to do a nice display for that kind of set-up. Or maybe NECA will release a display base of the sort for the entire tribe :dunno

Yeah right, wishful thinking :monkey2

also noticed another small detail. he actually doesn't have that p1 bone necklace like the figure does.
2l8e0ip.jpg

just the two bandoleers. can't find any pics that clearly show whether he has the targeting laser on his cannon like the elder did. i assume not, so i guess p1 didn't have any laser originally.

Taking a good look at this figure line, and even collecting a few actually makes things just a little bit easier when it comes to me stressing on not having many Hot Toys versions. These figures actually look extremely good and have a decent size. Granted they aren't 12 inches, 7 inches is pretty close. And also, the joints are very well hidden making them even more appealing. If NECA went all out on a perfect paint job on these guys, then it would be in the bag for me. $20 compared to $200? Easy choice for me.
Oh also. $80 for a more accurate Predator that is 6 inches taller, seems like a no brainer for the people questioning the 1/4 scale. I just don't get one because he's too big! I have no room.

necasdcc1.jpg

The proportions on this skull trophy need more work.

The cervical vertebrae should be a little smaller and the kyphotic/lordotic curvatures need to be emphasized more. Sacrum is also too small.

As a result, the vertebrae look too straight and the whole trophy looks like a lollipop.

Yep, I definitely need that SDCC Pred. The new hand looks good, but I think I may be able to replicate that by heating up a normal open left hand and curling/bending the fingers, then letting it cool down in that position... I'll have to get a look at the back of this new hand to see how much they altered it. The thumb/palm area may be differently shaped to better hold the spine.

Back