NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT AVP Aliens still kicked ass. Can't say the same for most of the others... but if NECA can get the licenses to do these puppies properly, then I honestly don't get why HT would purposely mess with the designs -- even a little bit. These things cost a TON of dough. You'd think that at that price point, we'd be getting something that wouldn't be bested in accuracy by a $15 low-end NECA toy.
the AVP aliens were amazing for the time they came out. in fact, they blew away the AVP pred figures.
but, now i lump them together with the others. the rubber suits and inner jaw action features just don't work well.
that's partly why the NECA aliens look so much better. because they don't have to sculpt around a gimmick.

the AVP aliens were amazing for the time they came out. in fact, they blew away the AVP pred figures.
but, now i lump them together with the others. the rubber suits and inner jaw action features just don't work well.
that's partly why the NECA aliens look so much better. because they don't have to sculpt around a gimmick.

Yo Pre,
Are you compairing Neca to HT?, cous i think, the inerjaw action is not of any trouble to make the body look beter, The head would be the most accurate part on the HT ALIEN warrior.,, i think that its mainly the body that can use a serious touch of a true artist.

Well, i can dig that, make it a 1/6 scale Alien queen from 1986 ALIENS.:goodpost:
:clap

You won't see that any time soon, if ever.

I'd just like a movie accurate one in NECA's Alien/Aliens figure scale.

That, and a movie accurate Alien3 figure from NECA.

i'm wanting the alien queen next.
yeah, i think that's the one tankman said he really wants to do next. and i'd bet it'll happen before (if) we get the A3 dog.
wonder if it's possible for it to come with the egg sack. it'd be cooler than the stupid base the McFarlane queen came with.
might just be too big for the price point though.

yeah, i think that's the one tankman said he really wants to do next. and i'd bet it'll happen before (if) we get the A3 dog.
wonder if it's possible for it to come with the egg sack. it'd be cooler than the stupid base the McFarlane queen came with.
might just be too big for the price point though.

Actually, it wouldn't be much bigger than the McFarlane Queen.

Just a better sculpt.

Actually, it wouldn't be much bigger than the McFarlane Queen.

Just a better sculpt.
no, i know. i mean just the egg sack diorama itself might be too big even for a boxed set.
not that i wouldn't pay extra to have it, but i don't remember NECA ever making anything near that size for a 6" figure set.

i have the old Kenner "hive" one that's too small even for that scale and it's still like 10" tall.

no, i know. i mean just the egg sack diorama itself might be too big even for a boxed set.
not that i wouldn't pay extra to have it, but i don't remember NECA ever making anything near that size for a 6" figure set.

i have the old Kenner "hive" one that's too small even for that scale and it's still like 10" tall.

Oh, ok yeah.

Damn, it would be sweet though.

I need this, in NECA figure scale...

100_0739.jpg

A question to put to Mr Windrix (apologies if it has been asked before, or if this is not possible)-given that it is classic, we all know pretty much what he will look like, could you request clearance for an image of 'classic' pred, or give a description of differences? Also, is this masked, unmasked closed or unmasked roaring?
Yours

There is a difference, if you look at the leaked stills of the "Classic Predator" and the original predator. Subtle differences but still there.

He was talking about in the figures. I doubt there will be any difference. I can see NECA releasing the Masked version for PREDATORS and the unmasked versions for Predator 1.

Given NECA's love for recycling, I'd be surprised if a PREDATORS Classic Pred figure is anything but a variant of the P1 sculpt seen at Toy Fair. I'm sure there are small things that could be done to the figure to make it look unique to the new movie.

Given NECA's love for recycling, I'd be surprised if a PREDATORS Classic Pred figure is anything but a variant of the P1 sculpt seen at Toy Fair. I'm sure there are small things that could be done to the figure to make it look unique to the new movie.

Maybe new paint? I did not see camo paint on the PREDATORS classic armor.

Maybe new paint? I did not see camo paint on the PREDATORS classic armor.

That, in the leaked shots, there were wounds on it, different locations from the P1, could do that, maybe some accessory that is unique to the movie we haven't seen yet.

NECA put out the T2:3D figure which is basically a mix of parts from all their T2 figures, it looks almost like the other figures, not too different overall, but they did it to cash in on the molds and all. I think that's the main reason for doing the Classic, between that, Predator 1 and P2 Elder, they could get nearly half a dozen figures out of the majority of parts from the P1 sculpt, which is big for NECA, they love maximizing on their work. Wolf was the same, 1 figure design, multiple variants to capitalize on the effort more, and according to Kyle, Predators cost more than standard NECA figures so they'll really want to reuse P1 parts as much as possible.

Back