NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got Emissary #1 today - joints stuck as ****. And it's not so easy to fix even with a hairdryer. I've had to take a switch blade to slice open some of the joints to get them moving. Paint crumbled on them. Legs frustratingly popped clean off and they're a bugger to get back on.

Nice figure but annoying having to deal with these issues.

I also got the Strippe- sorry, the Assassin Predator. Silly design but certainly a nice big beast of an action figure. Taking a hairdryer to that one now.

edit- ok got Emissary's legs back on.

Last edited:
I saw the Lab, Big and Emissary recently. Big one was $70 and regular size where $43 CAN. You know the feeling when you just don’t care anymore I felt it. Along with Strode. Shy of $50 CAN for one figure is ridiculous. I ended up walking out of the store buying nothing.

:lol

Ahh, it was highly frustrating in the moment but it seems to be resolved now - apart from the paint that came off the joints.

And when the legs come off the thing to heat up is the central groin piece on the figure itself, not the joints on the legs.

I saw the Lab, Big and Emissary recently. Big one was $70 and regular size where $43 CAN. You know the feeling when you just don’t care anymore I felt it. Along with Strode. Shy of $50 CAN for one figure is ridiculous. I ended up walking out of the store buying nothing.

Yup everyone has their own value threshold and it seems that the “inexpensive” companies are quickly surpassing those thresholds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't put these atrocities on my shelves if they pay me. TBH I"m quite disappointed to see some of you interested in this garbage.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Fortunately I don't care about your disappointment. And in fact it can only be a good thing for the Predator line as a whole if people buy it.

Does my buying The Predator merchandise mean I think it's a good film? No! Not in the slightest. I firmly acknowledge it's a ***t film. The important thing is what it tells NECA and what it facilitates NECA to do. It says to NECA is ''I'm interested in toys from this franchise, please keep making more''.

'More' is bound to sooner or later include stuff from the first 2 movies, the ones that really count.

Support the Alien, Predator and Terminator lines from NECA. That's how we are getting and will continue to get the more obscure characters, characters which would be just unheard of from other companies.

edit - reading that again that sounds like the ultimate fanboy message^ but what else can I say, it's true. No one can touch NECA when it comes to peripheral characters with the Alien, Predator and Terminator franchises. It's an objectively inarguable fact. Could they do better? Certainly. But they can only do so with our support and they do deserve acknowledgment for what they've done so far because they're already way ahead of anyone else.

Last edited:
Fortunately I don't care about your disappointment. And in fact it can only be a good thing for the Predator line as a whole if people buy it.

Does my buying The Predator merchandise mean I think it's a good film? No! Not in the slightest. I firmly acknowledge it's a ***t film. The important thing is what it tells NECA and what it facilitates NECA to do. It says to NECA is ''I'm interested in toys from this franchise, please keep making more''.

'More' is bound to sooner or later include stuff from the first 2 movies, the ones that really count.

Support the Alien, Predator and Terminator lines from NECA. That's how we are getting and will continue to get the more obscure characters, characters which would be just unheard of from other companies.

edit - reading that again that sounds like the ultimate fanboy message^ but what else can I say, it's true. No one can touch NECA when it comes to peripheral characters with the Alien, Predator and Terminator franchises. It's a fact. Could they do better? Certainly. But they can only do so with our support and they do deserve acknowledgment for what they've done so far because they're already way ahead of anyone else.

I wasn't talking about you. I totaly expected you to like them, so your reaction.

K, but you shouldn't be disappointed in anyone at all who is buying these figures. It supports the line overall. Prolonging the Predator line increases the likelihood of us getting more of the P1 special forces team. Abandon the line altogether and what does that say? It's a message of ''I don't care anymore. Go make nothing but Marvel, like Hot Toys''.

K, but you shouldn't be disappointed in anyone at all who is buying these figures. It supports the line overall. Prolonging the Predator line increases the likelihood of us getting more of the P1 special forces team. Abandon the line altogether and what does that say? It's a message of ''I don't care anymore. Go make nothing but Marvel, like Hot Toys''.
That or it could send them a wrong message and they figure we are OK with their crap. When is the last time they said anything about Wolf?

That or it could send them a wrong message and they figure we are OK with their crap. When is the last time they said anything about Wolf?

Seriously! I’ve been asking about the wolf 2.0 for a long time, and nothing.....

wolf IS the definition of crap!

I thought so too when they originally released their first predator figures ever, and with the fresh memory of that f'ed up movie. In time it kinda grew on me and I think I'm gonna like the Ultimate. It's the last pred I'm planning to add to my collection, unless the homage to the original design turns out to be anywhere near that gorgeous proto they showed.

Best shots I've ever seen of the Dutch figure. :clap

And I might add Jungle Extraction Dutch is one of NECA's best. I managed to get one with a good paintjob and the eyes looking to one side is quintessential Arnie.

Picked up a Hot Toys Predator stand for my Neca Ultimate. I always thought the HT stand was way too small for a 1/6 Predator but fits the Neca great IMO. Now I have the perfect sized display for my desk.

0815191352.jpg

0815191354.jpg

That looks great! Where'd you pick up your Ultimate Jungle Hunter? I'm kind of afraid to try and buy one online, but it might be my only option if I choose to pursue it... :(

That looks great! Where'd you pick up your Ultimate Jungle Hunter? I'm kind of afraid to try and buy one online, but it might be my only option if I choose to pursue it... :(

Thanks! BBTS has it in stock but I got mine on Ebay. It was a few bucks cheaper and I had it in 2 days rather than waiting for BBTS to get around to shipping it.:lol

Back