NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
found a better angle

alien%2Bnewborn%2Band%2Bripley%2B8.jpg

which looks very different than alien and Lambert

lambert%2527s%2Bdeath.jpg

so alien:newborn height proportion is a lot more than Lambert:Ripley height proportion

c2b617b49b74b72681e3938a7af5e25a.jpg

(Ripley is in front but Lambert is on heels)

from Lambert's shoulder to alien's shoulder there is a half arm length.
from Ripley's shoulder to newborn's shoulder there is a length of almoust full Ripley's arm (without a palm).
and Ripley is taller than Lambert, which brings "almost full Ripley's arm" legth to "full arm" length.
so the final difference is a half of Ripley's arm length.
i wouldn't call it "slightly". it's like a Dutch and predator height difference.

OR i have a weird case of visual illusion in my head. i won't argue if that's what is happening.

tried to find something here https://alienexplorations.blogspot.com/1997/03/alien-resurrection-newborn.html but no luck.

except for this:

13173624_1060648353970831_7038932726023478875_n.jpg

if i project a human on one surface with the newborn in my imagination, human's head is on one level with newborn's tit. (Ripley/newborn photo above proves that)

in case of an alien a human head is on one level with alien's shoulder. (Lambert is short but alien is a bit bent there)

==========================

i also found this:

The Newborn was going to be an alien whose DNA had been contaminated by human DNA, which was also the idea behind the alien queen and the alien warriors in the movie

like i've always said, A4 was the first case ever of DNA affecting the creature.

i forgot that you compared it to Stripper predator originally. then yes of course, Newborn should be a lot closer to a regular alien than to that thing.
something like the green one here:

1200x-Series-10-group-.jpg

Aliens-Series-10-by-NECA-102.jpg

It was announced last week that only Ripley and Alien was part of the Series 14 assortment with news that New Born was to follow shortly. Removing him from the assortment could mean shipping is a different box which a higher price point SKU! Again I hope I’m wrong but figures seem to point in this direction.

SIDE NOTE: I have always thought that Newborn was a fantastic design par with the originality of Predator, Alien, The Thing, The Fly etc. Since the age of the internet I have been surprised at how many dislike its design.

It was announced last week that only Ripley and Alien was part of the Series 14 assortment with news that New Born was to follow shortly. Removing him from the assortment could mean shipping is a different box which a higher price point SKU! Again I hope I’m wrong but figures seem to point in this direction.

SIDE NOTE: I have always thought that Newborn was a fantastic design par with the originality of Predator, Alien, The Thing, The Fly etc. Since the age of the internet I have been surprised at how many dislike its design.

It's a genetically modified abomination. It's supposed to look disgusting. I wish MF is planning to remake those beautiful horror figures of the past. I used to live in Toronto when I was collecting Movie Maniacs. Unfortunately being a collector in Canada nowadays can be a hassle.

$50 for neca's assassin predator... ouch. i hope they sell. neca put some great work into that thing, not their fault it was such a stupid mess.

Were they obligated to make it?

I mean, if I were Randy and if I have a choice in the matter, I would wait to see what these new films are like and what reception they get from fans. Hot Toys seems to be able to do this - hence why no Prometheus or Covenant figures were ever released.

Were they obligated to make it?

I mean, if I were Randy and if I have a choice in the matter, I would wait to see what these new films are like and what reception they get from fans. Hot Toys seems to be able to do this - hence why no Prometheus or Covenant figures were ever released.
I’d buy a Covenant Alien! Hot Toys just doesn’t care about the trifecta (Terminator, Predator, Aliens) as much anymore.

I was hesitant paying $40 CAN for Fugitive. Not a fan of the Look of the character but my 25 year Collector blood had to have it in my collection. I don’t think my “Collector Blood” wants to pay $70 Canadian for this. Not a fault of NECA but conceptually this is a horrible design with the “go to” leg structure we have seen so many times. Even the colour scheme look like its not painted.

I was hesitant paying $40 CAN for Fugitive. Not a fan of the Look of the character but my 25 year Collector blood had to have it in my collection. I don’t think my “Collector Blood” wants to pay $70 Canadian for this. Not a fault of NECA but conceptually this is a horrible design with the “go to” leg structure we have seen so many times. Even the colour scheme look like its not painted.

I remember the days when I used to pay $30 CAD for an Alien Queen or Matrix Sentinel. It was a ritual for me when I was returning from work to pass by Silver Snail, 401 Games or 3rd Quadrant. None of them are there anymore. Look where we are today - pay a **** load of money for crappy figures, which probably won't last more than 5 years.

What do people here hope the 100th Predator is? Apparently he might be at Toyfair.

Personally I don't think some Jajuja Predator pretender from comics or videogames would be fitting but that's probably what it will be. If I had my way it'd be a new Jungle Hunter at the size of the AvP figures. I've always believed they undersize the KPH Predators.

Back