NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always took it that (like several other parts around that scene) it was a non-horizontal filming shot (no pun intended), plus he started firing before his gun was completely raised due to panic/urgency :dunno

exactly.
it's specifically done so, not for a moment i thought it was a mistake.
and i cannot be called a "fan justifier" (i don't know a proper expression) in this case because i dislike P1 movie almost as strong as A1 movie.
shame on you a-dev :slap

exactly.
it's specifically done so, not for a moment i thought it was a mistake.
and i cannot be called a "fan justifier" in this case because i dislike P1 movie almost as strong as A1 movie.
shame on you a-dev :slap

You can't say ''shame on a-dev'' in the same post as saying you dislike P1 :lol

i dislike P1 movie almost as strong as A1 movie.
8UVPbBm.gif

You can't say ''shame on a-dev'' in the same post as saying you dislike P1 :lol
what can i do? i dislike dull dumb movies like Star Wars, Scott's attempts to make sci-fi while he doesn't even know how to move a camera or use a script - and movies where Schwarzenegger tries to act, and to help him show at least some acting, a director excludes script, events, dialogues, scene changes, etc.
and a person, always willing to find a mistake in a bad movie, sees a good scene that you notice but don't appreciate.
shame on you! :slap

what can i do? i dislike dull dumb movies like Star Wars, Scott's attempts to make sci-fi while he doesn't even know how to move a camera or use a script - and movies where Schwarzenegger tries to act, and to help him show at least some acting, a director excludes script, events, dialogues, scene changes, etc.
and a person, always willing to find a mistake in a bad movie, sees a good scene that you notice but don't appreciate.
shame on you! :slap

P. you never agree with any of my comments and observations about our films!

*turns and runs away effeminately*

If Dillon had suddenly lurched his head upward like that maybe he would have pulled his arms up just enough to accidentally aim into the trees...oh what could have been
i'm afraid next thing you'll say that T-1000 has 3 arms and it's a mistake!
seriously, Dillon shoots in a proper direction in that scene, a predator just manages to run on trees, and that's why Dillon seemingly cannot hit him (which i consider an actual mistake there, as it's impossible to run there).

he just starts shooting before aiming.

although a bullet from that gun wouldn't even stop a predator.

Nah I'm not convinced it was deliberate. If it was the actual intention behind the scene to suggest that he started panic-firing at the ground before he realised he had to aim the gun then it could and would have been better conveyed.

In fact there's a slow-mo shot of him in the process of raising the gun (broken up by a shot of the Predator's lazer sight taking aim) in which it very much appears that he reaches the end of the necessary arc for him to now be aiming upwards into the trees. You see him raising the gun - and I'm pretty sure stopping - just before it cuts to that single close-up shot of him pulling the trigger where the gun suddenly looks like it's aiming at the ground again. Then the shot immediately after that is this

Here, for convenience:

from 1:17

By the way, I'm not as bothered by this as it will seem :lol I simply didn't expect it to be much of a talking point beyond ''haha, shyeah! So anyway what do you guys think NECA will show at SDCC?''

Last edited:
I don't agree with your assessment a-dev, they just went with a simple Dutch angle.

Get it, Dutch angle lol.

This will probably drive you crazy though, his severed arm is shooting up better than when it was attached lol

IMG_5269.jpg

IMG_5270.jpg

Last edited:
By the way, I'm not as bothered by this as it will seem :lol I simply didn't expect to get any disagreement on this. I thought the reaction would be ''haha, shyeah! So anyway what do you guys think NECA will show at SDCC?''
No, you have a point, but it's rare that this stuff gets past McTiernan, a shot before the Pred is aiming downwards, you'd think the logical thing to do is have that shot oriented upwards.

Like when Gruber is talking to Mcclane over radio, and they're both on opposite sides of the frame, and when one changes side, the other one goes to the opposite side.

McTiernan does this a lot but it's always intuitive and to aid the viewer's orientation, not counter intuitive and to confuse it.

Although, you could say he was trying to convey how confused and scared Dillon was and how he felt he was shooting nowhere, there's a lot of funky angled framing going on there, so, while you have a case, I'm gonna go for intentional.

Nah I'm not convinced it was deliberate. If it was the actual intention behind the scene to suggest that he started panic-firing at the ground before he realised he had to aim the gun then it could and would have been better conveyed.

(...)

Here, for convenience:

from 1:17

i see. then i should check it closely, ditch my version and accept your explanation. will see it at home, where youtube isn't blocked :(

Wait, did you just say that you don't like P1?!?

:thud:
the movie? nah. first 2/3 of it are dull even for a standart 80ths action movie. makes me wanna sleep. it becomes interesting only right before Billy's death maybe.

By the way, I'm not as bothered by this as it will seem :lol I simply didn't expect it to be much of a talking point beyond ''haha, shyeah! So anyway what do you guys think NECA will show at SDCC?''

Personally I would love to see some more figures from Concrete Jungle or the AVP games.

That Dillon death scene has one of the worst screw ups of the movie. He's wearing only the vest (no undershirt or harness), then when the Predator stabs him with the wrist blades and lifts him up, the shirt and harness are on.

Oooh yes, that's another one. Particularly when you get a shot from underneath his head which clearly looks like it's his head exploding all over the camera.

Mac's death is fine, his head did explode, that's why you can't see his forehead, the blood on his shirt is not because he has a hole in his chest, it's just blood splash.

Red dots on his forehead, forehead is entry point, back of the head is the messy part as it is the exit point.

That one's fine.

I did notice Dillon's shirt/harness though.

Back