NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got mine earlier, a-dev pretty much covered everything but I'll post some pics soon and give my thoughts.

IMG_3194.jpg
The netting is pretty good but from what I've seen most of the figures have sloppy paint in the same areas.
IMG_3202.jpg
I had problems with my blades being cracked straight out of the box, but luckily I had a spare pair. So warning to everyone to be VERY careful with them.
IMG_3204.jpg
IMG_3203.jpg
IMG_3205.jpg
Overall I'm happy with the figure, not to say there isn't problems but if you compare this figure with the previous release there's not much to complain about.
I feel like the Ultimate line has more qc issues than the standard releases so I bet the anniversary figures will have better paint jobs, but this figure is pretty great looking back at some of there first releases.

Then in typical Randy fashion he followed up with this a short time later:

‏NECA_TOYS 2h2 hours ago

NECA Retweeted The Toyark

Or not???

The Toyark @Toyark

Check out this great #Predator teaser from @NECA_TOYS! Looks like Dutch is going to get a new member to the team: https://goo.gl/dC7GKj

With the line from the movie, and the briefing folder, maybe we are getting this guy...

General2.jpg

Naw, they're making Hawkins. He's just messing with our heads with that ''or not''.

Hawkins may not be a member of the team that we would have prioritised if we'd had a say in the matter but I'll take him. Who knows, maybe this is what it'll take to persuade a few of the other actors to sign up.

Any more humans are better than none. Heck, I'd welcome an Elpedia Carrillo figure at this point. :p

Naw, they're making Hawkins. He's just messing with our heads with that ''or not''.

Hawkins may not be a member of the team that we would have prioritised if we'd had a say in the matter but I'll take him. Who knows, maybe this is what it'll take to persuade a few of the other actors to sign up.

Yeah, I figured it was just Randy being Randy. But still, I wonder what the briefing folder is for..? If it is an actual accessory that is.

I'm thrilled with that teaser I must say. I didn't think they'd go near Hawkins or Poncho if they couldn't make the other 4. We probably still shouldn't get our hopes up for those but this is something at least.

As much as I'd love to see a Hawkins figure (or anyone else from the rescue team) I think we've been played.

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say this tease is for a SDCC red polo Dutch. Hope I'm wrong.

As much as I'd love to see a Hawkins figure (or anyone else from the rescue team) I think we've been played.

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say this tease is for a SDCC red polo Dutch. Hope I'm wrong.

All of the clues in the tease except for the giant Hawkins on the coke bottle point to a figure from the briefing scene. We are not getting Dillon, the general was more or less a joke on my part... so, you may be on to something.

There's no way Randy would have used a coke bottle with the name Hawkins on it if that were the case. He has to know that everyone's gonna assume they're making Hawkins and if/when it turned out they weren't there'd be a huge backlash.

I mean why put a coke bottle in the teaser at all? Because the coke bottle is literally telling us what they're making....

I will say though..it is a weird movie quote to suggest Hawkins - so maybe it means they're also making red polo shirt Dutch...which would make a kind of sense - to have an Arnold figure in support of a more obscure character.

Last edited:
I will say though..it is a weird movie quote to suggest Hawkins - so maybe it means they're also making red polo shirt Dutch...which would make a kind of sense - to have an Arnold figure in support of a more obscure character.

Hmmmmm - a 2-pack - that would work - clever idea!

However, a 2-pack with Dillon obviously would have been better.

Just throwing this out there...

The actor who played Hawkins, Shane Black, went on to become a very successful screen play writer and movie director. He is co-writer and is directing the new Predator movie. I am not sure, at this point, if he would give his likeness rights for an action figure.

The share a Coke bottle may be Randy's way of telling us that he has been in talks of some kind with Shane. Possibly concerning figures for the new movie. But if that is the case, why combine it with clues for a different figure...

Or, this could all just be straight up double think on my part and they are simply making Hawkins...:lol

Back