NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an heads up lots of ppls Ultimate City Hunters computer flap are breaking with the very slight touch. I don't know why Neca couldn't have the way it attaches like the way the AVPS do.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah I hven't seen any reviews or pics myself, only text stories and only 1 or 2.

Still will handle with care and make sure to warm up joints and everything.

Just an heads up lots of ppls Ultimate City Hunters computer flap are breaking with the very slight touch. I don't know why Neca couldn't have the way it attaches like the way the AVPS do.

Yeah that totally happened to both of my City Hunters too. Great figure otherwise but anything breaking - even something that small - is a huge let down for me. Also weirdly the knees on both mine were stuck but only the top part of the double knee - never the bottom part.

At l.east I'm not the only one, Lol. I had both the wrist computer door break off, as well as the stuck knee problem.

The problem is it only has one tiny hinge. I have no idea why they went with one hinge where all their other predators have two hinges. Jungle Hunter,AVP, and Series 16 all have two hinges. Hell even the 1/4 City Hunter has two hinges so make syou wonder why they went with one hinge...

NECA-20-Inch-City-Hunter-Predator-059.jpg

I got my ultimate city hunter yesterday and while it looks great I really had to handle it with kids gloves on. The flap on the wrist computer is a horrible design because its not if but when it will break, not sure what they were thinking on that one. I was afraid to even swap the hands off for fear of it breaking - didn't even try to open it. The legs were stuck, one foot was a slightly crooked and I was even worried to use the hair dryer on it. I put it on a stand very carefully and it went straight to display shelf with very minimal futzing with his pose and display options. Maybe I'll get the nerve to work on it this weekend but then again maybe not.

I will say though it looks incredible.

I got my ultimate city hunter yesterday and while it looks great I really had to handle it with kids gloves on. The flap on the wrist computer is a horrible design because its not if but when it will break, not sure what they were thinking on that one. I was afraid to even swap the hands off for fear of it breaking - didn't even try to open it. The legs were stuck, one foot was a slightly crooked and I was even worried to use the hair dryer on it. I put it on a stand very carefully and it went straight to display shelf with very minimal futzing with his pose and display options. Maybe I'll get the nerve to work on it this weekend but then again maybe not.

I will say though it looks incredible.

I actually had the opposite experience with the one I picked up. The most flimsy thing in the box were the spear tips, everything else about him was pretty solid, nothing was to hard to move and nothing was to loose.

| RED FLAG | RED FLAG | RED FLAG | RED FLAG | RED FLAG | RED FLAG | RED FLAG | RED FLAG | RED FLAG |

| RED FLAG | RED FLAG | RED FLAG | RED FLAG | RED FLAG | RED FLAG | RED FLAG | RED FLAG | RED FLAG |

I'm checking all 3 of mine as soon as I get them and contact BBTS immediately if anything looks funny. I hope for the best.

John Malkovich collects action figures?

Slightly worried now though. Wrist computer lids breaking I can take but legs snapping off is another thing.

Last edited:
The fact that NECA CS themselves say the wrist computer breakage is a common issue is worrying enough.

And the crotch of his Pred looked weird, like it was nibbled by a rat or something.

*crosses NECA off action figure collecting list*

Look! I just saved money! :lol

Just took mine out after seeing that video. Before moving any joints I heated it up. I can see why the computer lid breaks. They didnt really give it enough clearance in the hinge so when you try to open it up it snaps out. Everything else is fine with mine.

Im not a fan of all the new joints. These little figures dont need them.

Attachments

• NewCH1.jpg
    NewCH1.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 138
  • NewCH2.jpg
    NewCH2.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 135
Back