NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Predator is the better film on the basis of the titular creatures not having yet been transmogrified into dreadlocked, reptilian Klingons by the sequel and its follow-up materials.

I don't really think Predator 2 had been effected by the comic book fan-fiction, samurai predator crap yet. The first AVP comic was still in production during the filming of P2, and the only nod that the comic got was the alien skull they stuck in the trophy case. Klingon/Samurai crap didn't start until the first AVP movie, and they have since just made every predator movie with elements of the comic lore. They had a literal samurai fight in Predators. :gah:

I don't really think Predator 2 had been effected by the comic book fan-fiction, samurai predator crap yet. The first AVP comic was still in production during the filming of P2, and the only nod that the comic got was the alien skull they stuck in the trophy case. Klingon/Samurai crap didn't start until the first AVP movie, and they have since just made every predator movie with elements of the comic lore. They had a literal samurai fight in Predators. :gah:
Are you sure about that? According to Wikipedia, the first AvP comic came out in February, 1990, and Predator 2 hit theatres in November of the same year.

More reviews on the Clan Leader and it looks like the loose waist is more of a common issue.

Are you sure about that?

The series you're referring to was only the prologue to the actual first series that ran from June to December 1990 (if I recall correctly). In the prologue, the predators were pretty much just shown as warrior brutes. The whole "honorable samurai warrior" thing didn't happen until the later issues of the first series, which would have fallen in line with the tail end of filming/editing of the movie.

The reason the alien skull appears in the trophy case was because the FX guys were tasked with designing their own skulls to stock the case (similar to how they were all given a suit to design their own predator to create the group at the end). One of the crew members (I can't remember if it was someone significant) was reading the comic at the time and suggested putting the alien skull in.

All of the "honor" system that was displayed in P2 was backed up by P1.

However, everything following that first AVP series (novels, comics, games and movies) have all shown predators teaming up with humans out of some ridiculous sense of honor, regularly. It was an interesting dynamic in the first series, but it definitely should have remained an exception, instead of becoming a rule.

Last edited:
jajujas had "honor", like don't kill unarmed, don't kill weak, don't kill from behind, blah blah blah.
predators in movies killed who they chose to kill or who bothered them. Blain was killed from an ambush because he was dangerous and could spoil the hunt, unarmed injured Poncho was killed because he represented no interest anymore, Dannyboy was butchered alive, praying for mercy, just to get his necklace... and so on.
all those honor cavemen samurai jajuja are made by and for fat kids who play lineage and read about gay elves.

:exactly: :lecture:

The vajayjay name alone makes me cringe.

There are maybe some very few decent comics out there, but the whole yuya thing has to go, I don't think there's anything outside the 1st 2 movies that has contributed anything of value to the Predator lore.

I'm gonna read a new Pred vs Dredd vs Alien comic right now, and it looks promising, but I'd never take that stuff as part of the lore.

I'm gonna read a new Pred vs Dredd vs Alien comic right now, and it looks promising, but I'd never take that stuff as part of the lore.

The original Dredd vs. Predator and Dredd vs. Aliens comics are some of the best, because they take place in official Dredd continuity, and are respectful of the original characters. Predator was pretty ruthless, and the aliens were legitimate threats due to their acidic blood where most media seem to ignore that aspect altogether.

That said, not so impressed with the AvPvD series. Was an interesting set-up, but it's leaning on exactly the kind of "Human/Pred team-up" trope that's so annoying in these things.

Oh you mean the new one? Oh man, I was looking forward to it, good thing you mentioned the originals, if I don't like the new one I'll track the original.

I don't think I've read any A/P comics since I was a teenager, I remember I loved Tarzan vs Predator and Batman vs Predator.

Tried to read the Fire and Stone ones and dropped it after the first Predator issue :lol thought it was borderline unreadable.

jajujas had "honor", like don't kill unarmed, don't kill weak, don't kill from behind, blah blah blah.
predators in movies killed who they chose to kill or who bothered them. Blain was killed from an ambush because he was dangerous and could spoil the hunt, unarmed injured Poncho was killed because he represented no interest anymore, Dannyboy was butchered alive, praying for mercy, just to get his necklace... and so on.
all those honor cavemen samurai jajuja are made by and for fat kids who play lineage and read about gay elves.
Yes.

The original Dredd vs. Predator and Dredd vs. Aliens comics are some of the best, because they take place in official Dredd continuity, and are respectful of the original characters. Predator was pretty ruthless, and the aliens were legitimate threats due to their acidic blood where most media seem to ignore that aspect altogether.
With good reason. The acid blood thing was only ever meant to solve one specific problem within a very particular context, i.e. explaining why the crew of the Nostromo didn't go after the xenomorph with guns inside the Nostromo itself, while not making the alien itself immune to conventional weapons. Trust the Dredd comics to reinterpret that as xenomorphs being 406mm naval artillery shells filled with acid... :lol

Here are some shots of the original Kenner Clan Leader compared the Neca Clan Leader. Will post more pics later...

PPNMHI5.jpg

ca1PTNA.jpg

5Phu5hd.png

pClP9st.jpg

i7L7UiK.jpg

Oh you mean the new one? Oh man, I was looking forward to it, good thing you mentioned the originals, if I don't like the new one I'll track the original.

I don't think I've read any A/P comics since I was a teenager, I remember I loved Tarzan vs Predator and Batman vs Predator.

Tried to read the Fire and Stone ones and dropped it after the first Predator issue :lol thought it was borderline unreadable.

I’d forgot about the Batman vs. Predator comics and now I have to dig them out. Thanks!

The Judge Dredd crossovers were re-released not so long back in a handy collection if you decide to pick them up. I don’t dislike the new one and do want to see how it plays out but the original crossovers are much better with Incubus being one of my favourite Aliens comics to date.

dredd 476.jpg

I’d forgot about the Batman vs. Predator comics and now I have to dig them out. Thanks!

The Judge Dredd crossovers were re-released not so long back in a handy collection if you decide to pick them up. I don’t dislike the new one and do want to see how it plays out but the original crossovers are much better with Incubus being one of my favourite Aliens comics to date.

attachment.php

i cannot recall seeing anything dumber.
i mean there definitely are things dumber but i didn't see them.

So I grabbed a Clan Elder yesterday from a lunch hunt, got home and found him with Two Left arms. Luckily my TRU had extra so a quick swap and I'm happy. The packaging is awesome. Unfortunatly the exchange kind of killed my excitment for owning him. That and and also got a Blue Top Spawn. Yesterday was 90's nostalgia for sure.

Strange. You must have taken a few pics of such a strange oddity!
I would love to see.

holy **** they made a lot of Predators....I guess Arnie was the only actor to give likeness rights, what's missing are the other human characters. Would love a Dillon or Harrigan

Back