NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did some painting on this ugly muther****er.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Did an bit of photoshop... Would be cool if some how NECA could make the 7/8 inch ones do this, but hopefully 1/4 versions of AVP isn't that far off after LED City Hunter...

DSC_0837.jpg
DSC_0845.jpg

The NECA 7" Deluxe Clan Leader has been delayed 3 times now (originally due June 2016 THEN July 2016 THEN Aug 2016 NOW Sept 2016.

Has anyone heard (or can someone please ask them on facebook) when retailers really WILL be getting these in.

BBTS are apparently going to force us to ship our latest "Pile-Of-Loot" in about 3 weeks time (180 day limit it seems) and I wanted this to be included.

Don't care about those.

I want my Jungle and City hunters, C'mon NECA, summer's almost over.

NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS · 7h7 hours ago

NECA Retweeted

Late Fall/early Winter for City Hunter and Winter for Jungle Hunter is best info I have right now

NECA added,

@NECA_TOYS I heard about some ultimate versions of City / Jungle Hunter, have they got a (ish) release date?

I'm surprised there hasn't been more pictures of the Cinemachines Series 2.
I got my set today.
All of these come with display stands but I don't trust them, (they're like the display stand for the Derelict from Series 1) so I didn't open and use them for this quick review.

The Cinemachine series 2 together from different angles:
NECA Cinemachines Series 2 001.jpg
NECA Cinemachines Series 2 003.jpg
NECA Cinemachines Series 2 004.jpg
All the Cinemachines series 1 & 2 crowded together:
NECA Cinemachines Series 2 005.jpg
The Predator Scout ship (Predator 1) and the Narcissus are quite large and really nice. I may be a little biased towards Alien, but the Narcissus is the best of series 2. There's more detail and better paint than the Scout ship, and it's larger than the Predator Lost Tribe ship, (Predator 2) I'm also not a fan of the design of the Lost Tribe ship although the Tribe ship is very detailed and painted well. The Tribe ship is smaller and more inline with series 1, about the size of the Cheyenne. The top half of the Narcissus and Scout ships are diecast metal, the bottom of each are a soft but dense plastic. The Tribe ship is the opposite, the bottom rear half is diecast and the top and front of the Tribe ship is soft dense plastic.
I like them and since I'm a fan of both Alien and Predator movie series, I'm happy I got them.
I'd rate them based on their size, detail, paint, quality, and design:
  1. Space Jockey
  2. Derelict
  3. Narcissus
  4. Predator Scout ship
  5. Predator Lost Tribe ship
  6. APC
  7. Cheyenne
Although I might switch positions of the Lost Tribe ship and the APC. I like the design of the APC more but I don't feel the quality is there for the money, and the Tribe ship has a great paint job and lots of detail. The Cheyenne is just a disappointment in quality despite being my favorite design from any of the Alien and Predator movies. I really hope they go back and make a better improved version of the Cheyenne in a future series.
I hope to also get all of Cinemachines Series 3 and I'll review that in the future.

Last edited:
thank you for photos of predator ships! i still couldn't find them with cheap shipping and not for preorder. all in stock items have shipping price more than item's price to my destination, so i have to wait.
the P1 ship really lacks details, but i'll look at it from the side, to always see its silhouette.

I know that's the one you've really been looking forward to but I think it looks terrible. And I'm not sure that's entirely NECA's fault? The design just doesn't do anything for me at all. It could be some toy sci-fi lazer gun as much as it could be a ship.

i think i have a very easy explanation of this effect. no, not an explanation but an example of point of view.

04ca81be9375a961d02c217fd706f8d5.jpg

this is terrible. absolutely terrible. zero designing attempts and a very cheap result. for me. but not for millions (billions?) of people all over the world who don't care if it is terrible or not, because it's burnt into their memory, in "i love it" area :)

let's go to another end of a timeline.

predator_avp_scratchboard_by_rtyson.jpg

this is also terrible, but again - thousands or millions of people love it more than anything else from that branch.

something like this works with that ship, too :) it's a musthave for me, no matter how poorly designed.

Last edited:
I know that's the one you've really been looking forward to but I think it looks terrible. And I'm not sure that's entirely NECA's fault? The design just doesn't do anything for me at all. It could be some toy sci-fi lazer gun as much as it could be a ship.

I agree, the P1 ship design was very toyish even in the movie.

it's a musthave for me, no matter how poorly designed.

I'm glad you're getting something you've been wanting for a long time. It'd be great if you could repaint it though. How clean and white it looks is a big contributor to it being the most toyish looking ship in the Cinemachines so far.

i think that even the slightest touch of some grey "dirt" will already make it much better.

I think the problem with the Predator Scout ship and all the NECA Cinemachine line is the soft sculpting detail and occasionally sloppy paint.
I also collect Eaglemoss Star Trek ships, these NECA Cinemachines appear to be an attempt at recreating what Eaglemoss has done with their collectible vehicle lines (Eaglemoss also makes scale pre-assembled part diecast-part hard plastic models and figures with accompanying magazines for DC Comics, Marvel, Dr. Who etc.) in comparison the NECA ships are much softer in detail and made of very soft dense plastic similar to the plastic used in NECA's action figures. If NECA would just use a harder plastic like what Eaglemoss uses then the detail would finally come out and there would be less warping of the plastic.
Also this bizarre fascination with Diecast metal is really bringing down the quality of everything both in Eaglemoss and NECA's scale models. The thought that Diecast metal is an improvement is wrong because Diecast is just incapable of having as much detail as a good hard plastic. You can tell what's diecast on a model from Eaglemoss because there's a drop in fine detail from the heard plastic. There's no such loss in detail on NECA's models, they're just lower quality sculpts. If Both companies would drop the Diecast and take that extra cost it takes to make something diecast and put it instead into having a sharper sculpt and producing the model in hard plastic and a few extra paint apps, then these models would really be something special!
I get the feeling that NECA likes using the same production companies they use for their action figures and don't care to make things look any better than how they've been. It's the only reason I can think of for why it's only in the past year or so that NECA started using intrinsic resin casting techniques to make their figures look so much better than they have in the past. It's what makes Hot Toys figures look so damn good that everyone goes nuts for and as far as I know, has been in use in 1:6 scale for at least 10 years now first used by Takara.
NECA is capable of making these models so much better than they are, they just don't try.
Since at this moment they're the only ones making Alien, Predator, and Terminator vehicles, were stuck with NECA.
Eaglemoss does have the Alien license for miniature figures, hopefully they move on to vehicles and get the Predator license and show up NECA.

Back