NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't imagine them not using the same base P1 sculpt for the classic, NECA loves to recycle, that'd be 4 figures from one sculpt.

Actually, the middle one is Mr. Black. He's the one with the big ol Wrist sword. You can see it on the poster.

No, the "falconer" Pred has one as well.

He uses it in the fight with Hanzo.

The Pred with the jawbone on his mask is the BSP/Berserker and is the Pred that's on the poster.

I can't imagine them not using the same base P1 sculpt for the classic, NECA loves to recycle, that'd be 4 figures from one sculpt.

The thing is, the "classic/captured" Pred has no netting in the movie (none of the Preds do).
So, unless they've somehow managed to cast the figure without netting, it won't be accurate to the movie.

Last edited:
Uuugh! I don't like the look of the new preds...too skinny and not bad-ass looking enough compared to the preds we're used too. They remind me of the werewolves in Dog Soldiers - they've got skinny legs and are top-heavy. They look like ____ to bo honest. KNB = FAIL.

necapredfigscompare.jpg

necapreds.jpg
those impossible children-comics long blades again in the middle. stuuuuu-pid.

it's like Robert Rodriguez said he's introducing us to a "new breed". New feet, new breed i guess. We'll see soon what else is "new" with them.

Honestly I think that many are afraid of how to approach the subject, writing and design wise. Plus, given that these movies generally revolve around hunting, I'm sure that a woman Predator's involvement isnt thought of. However, if a movie is ever made that involves the Predator home planet, you may see them then.

The thing is, the "classic/captured" Pred has no netting in the movie (none of the Preds do).
So, unless they've somehow managed to cast the figure without netting, it won't be accurate to the movie.

However, the prototype used real cloth netting, it's not part of the sculpt, so they could make a mold without netting and then do the netting version after for the P1 version.

However, the prototype used real cloth netting, it's not part of the sculpt, so they could make a mold without netting and then do the netting version after for the P1 version.

Makes sense.

I was still hoping for a whole new sculpt though.

The "captured" Pred is similar to the original P1...but not exact.

We could see alternate heads, paint variation, or subtle variations of other parts, or it could be a whole new sculpt and they just used a P1 silhouette to get something out there. Kyle can clarify if he comes around again. It just wouldn't surprise me if it's mostly P1 parts, it's the price you pay with NECA, you can get lots of figures but the parts can be repetitive.

Honestly I think that many are afraid of how to approach the subject, writing and design wise. Plus, given that these movies generally revolve around hunting, I'm sure that a woman Predator's involvement isnt thought of. However, if a movie is ever made that involves the Predator home planet, you may see them then.
i don't think it was ever established that the predators we've already seen are male or female.
they're not from earth, so saying there are male/female preds is assuming a lot.

also, a predator with tits is ____ing stupid. i don't wanna see any of that.

I kinda always thought of the Preds as hermaphroditic myself. Like you have the hunters and then you have a separate group that are the breeders. Also like the idea of Preds being nomadic. They spend their whole lives going from planet to planet hunting each ones most dangerous game.
Is the planet in 'Predators' their home planet?

I kinda always thought of the Preds as hermaphroditic myself. Like you have the hunters and then you have a separate group that are the breeders. Also like the idea of Preds being nomadic. They spend their whole lives going from planet to planet hunting each ones most dangerous game.
Is the planet in 'Predators' their home planet?

No it is not

Back