NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure how this could be sculpted different, but this looks more decaying skin than mud:
2ighsnq.jpg
you've been pushing too many pencils, get to the chopper, and rinse yours eyes out.:lecture :rotfl

"Toxic Avenger" and "Muddy Dutch" do not belong in the same sentence, let alone "Zombie" lol. How else would you sculpt caked on mud and leaves?

he looks like he is wearing some sort of weird meat shirt or that he got burned or something.

Doesn't look like mud at all.

The worst thing about it is that ridiculous cut im the torso, makes him look like he is wearing a meat vest or something.

It doesn't look great.

I mean, the face looks great and everything else looks really good.

But the mud on the torso to me looks kind of like this

Oes1IDN.jpg

a meat jacket.

Have you seen the figure in person?

I know everyone says this, but it's true; internet photos don't do these things justice a lot of the time.

The smaller figures really aren't meant to be scrutinized with a microscope; blowing things up four times their size, so we can give them an unfair kick in the guts. :lol

Doesn't stop us though, does it.. :D

Have you seen the figure in person?

I know everyone says this, but it's true; internet photos don't do these things justice a lot of the time.

The smaller figures really aren't meant to be scrutinized with a microscope; blowing things up four times their size, so we can give them an unfair kick in the guts. :lol

Doesn't stop us though, does it.. :D

I went looking for the Predator figure. I Saw all 3 Dutch figures, Mud dutch and the other 2.

I was most excited for Mud Dutch but after I saw it on the store I didn't get it. His chest and stomach looked too weird for me.
I don't know how else to sculpt mud but to me this doesn't look like mud.
at first glance it just looked like a mutant :dunno

I went looking for the Predator figure. I Saw all 3 Dutch figures, Mud dutch and the other 2.

I was most excited for Mud Dutch but after I saw it on the store I didn't get it. His chest and stomach looked too weird for me.
I don't know how else to sculpt mud but to me this doesn't look like mud.
at first glance it just looked like a mutant :dunno
Fair enough. :)

I can't wait to get muddy Dutch. I actually went into a local gaming store last week to get a few NECA figures (they previously told me a big order was coming) & unfortunately, they just had a couple Prometheus left overs. Next week hopefully.. :pray:

There's actually four Dutch figures - amazing stuff NECA. :cool:

People are complaining about the torso joint but no one backed me up yesterday about the ****ing decapitated heads on the marines. I don't get how those are more excusable.

Oh well.

The mud on the Dutch figure looks like mud to me. Helps that its brown and not red. If it were red then probably I'd agree that it looks like rotting meat.

People are complaining about the torso joint but no one backed me up yesterday about the ****ing decapitated heads on the marines. I don't get how those are more excusable.

Oh well.

The mud on the Dutch figure looks like mud to me. Helps that its brown and not red. If it were red then probably I'd agree that it looks like rotting meat.

well.... Rotting meat usually turns BROWN :monkey3

What decapitated heads?
I don't know about that, what happened with the heads?

What decapitated heads?
I don't know about that, what happened with the heads?

Ball-jointed heads, heads that are separate from the neck. To sum up what happened yesterday in the NECA Alien thread - I hate them and think their ugliness overwhelms their usefulness. Everyone else loves them and thinks their usefulness overwhelms their ugliness.

Yeah but...these are cheap little NECA toys. They aren't high end, and they never will be.

That's I how I eventually just gave up the ghost back when I used to complain about ball-joint heads on Hasbro Star Wars figures. ''Sure they're cheap little action figures, not museum-standard display pieces''.

Oh but wait look at Enterbay. They brag about their museum-quality figures, actually using those words in fact....and what are they doing? ****ing ball-joint heads. :slap

High-end, low-end, it doesn't matter. They're all doing it. Its annoying on low-end, its a sin at high-end. Its counter-intuitive. That amazingly realistic BD T-800 headsculpt, my god, it could be Arnold himself literally shrunk down with Rick Moranis's thingamajig. Then you look at him from the side and 'oh, wait no, clearly its just an action figure' - he too has been decapitated and there's even a noticeable gap between his chin and the neck.

Clearly I'm mental. This is all apparently a good thing.

Last edited:
No. On a high end figure it's ****ty. I agree. But it doesn't bother me too much on a cheap figure. Simply because it allows for better movement. Movement iz nice.

High-end, low-end, it doesn't matter. They're all doing it.
I totally get you.. but it doesn't really bother me either way to be honest - unless I can't get past it on a particular figure for whatever reason. :lol

Incidentally, four of my HT figures have the one piece head neck; 89 Joker, Bank robber Joker, both Bespin Lukes in the set, & that rigid poseability that results from it, irks me.

My two Arnolds, Reeve Superman & TFA Cap can get great poses because of their cut necks - I dig it. That said, the joint is pretty obvious on both Arnolds - & it seems that tradition's continuing throughout the T-Arnold figures. :lol

Don't pick on me dude.. :(

:lol

I didn't see your post till after I'd replied to Celtic.

My two Arnolds, Reeve Superman & TFA Cap can get great poses because of their cut necks - I dig it. That said, the joint is pretty obvious on both Arnolds - & it seems that tradition's continuing throughout the T-Arnold figures. :lol

The DX10 is the absolute worst of the lot. I think they're ugly as **** generally but that one is sloppy even by the normal standards of a balljoint head. Sometimes it really seems like they've made no effort whatsoever to make it blend, to make the cut as inconspicuous as possible.

Superman in fairness does kinda need it for flying poses - an important pose for that character.

Superman in fairness does kinda need it for flying poses - an important pose for that character.
Yeah, it is a crucial joint for that. :)

I guess with the upcoming DX13, we could use the rationale that the ugly separation under his chin is a result of the battle damage. :lol

Back