NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kinda liked it when I first got it, but the luster soon wore off. There's no going around the fact that it was an ill-conceived and designed figure.
I love the paint apps, they'r every well applied, but the figure is pretty bad, and was so back then.

It disappointed me from the beginning. Most particularly the biomask and the dreadlocks but in the years since the whole thing just hasn't aged well - the shoulder jointing and cut-joints are hideous. Sorry CelticP.

I'm just getting tired of the constant ****ting on old things man. I did my non biased review, and I stated that the NECA Predator 2 is better in every way. But it doesn't take away from what that figure was back then.

People are doing this with movies, and video games now too. Egh.

NECA is doing a pretty good job. They give their fans what they want for the most part and they're very engaging and helpful. My only complaint would be beating the hell out of dead horses. I mean how many different variants of the same figure do we need? Jesus! I wish NECA could find a way to make every Predator come with removable helmets and some sort of functioning mandibles so you can either display open or closed mouth.

Well I asked NECA on their twitter if the other 2 predators in series 10 would have removable mask, and they said no, only the nightstorm has removable mask, which is a HUGE let down for me, cause the only reason I was defending the remakes of the kenner figures is cause I thought they'd be faithful to the features of the originals, like friggin' removable masks! Now I don't care about series 10 at all, I'm just gonna wait for the upgraded Wolf on series 11 (If there will be such) since it's the only pred from AVP that I like.

I'm just getting tired of the constant ****ting on old things man. I did my non biased review, and I stated that the NECA Predator 2 is better in every way. But it doesn't take away from what that figure was back then.

People are doing this with movies, and video games now too. Egh.

Not me, I know how to appreciate my oldies :lecture

I still like to play with my old kenner preds.

Well I asked NECA on their twitter if the other 2 predators in series 10 would have removable mask, and they said no, only the nightstorm has removable mask, which is a HUGE let down for me, cause the only reason I was defending the remakes of the kenner figures is cause I thought they'd be faithful to the features of the originals, like friggin' removable masks! Now I don't care about series 10 at all, I'm just gonna wait for the upgraded Wolf on series 11 (If there will be such) since it's the only pred from AVP that I like.

:clap :yess:

Yeah it would have been cool to see Lava Planet Predator and Hive Wars Warrior Predator unmasked. NECA should just go the extra mile. They're doing good but they could be doing better. You can always get better. The other problem is that there's no rhyme or reason to the order in which they release characters series after series.

Lol I felt so silly after saying "muh huh kenner preds deserve to be remade", which they do, but way to drop the ball by NECA.

Yeah it would have been cool to see Lava Planet Predator and Hive Wars Warrior Predator unmasked. NECA should just go the extra mile. They're doing good but they could be doing better. You can always get better. The other problem is that there's no rhyme or reason to the order in which they release characters series after series.

I know, I would have LOVED to have my Kenner HW Warrior Pred side by side with the NECA one, if only they would have removable masks, I don't see why NECA won't make this happen, size is not the problem, they have 1/4 figures with different head sculpts instead of removable masks, and revoltech has an amazing Pred w/ removable mask and it's like 5" or 6", I don't think it increases costs either, it's just another accesory, so it only leaves the cashgrab as the plausible reason.

Unfortunately I don't see this changing for the possible Wolf.

And regarding the order, I like to think the Wolf predator is the most demanded pred from AVP so hopefully they'll make that one first.

all i can say is i'll be spending some money because of McNeca this year, BUT i'll be saving alot more money this year because of McNeca.

I know, I would have LOVED to have my Kenner HW Warrior Pred side by side with the NECA one, if only they would have removable masks, I don't see why NECA won't make this happen, size is not the problem, they have 1/4 figures with different head sculpts instead of removable masks, and revoltech has an amazing Pred w/ removable mask and it's like 5" or 6", I don't think it increases costs either, it's just another accesory, so it only leaves the cashgrab as the plausible reason.

Unfortunately I don't see this changing for the possible Wolf.

And regarding the order, I like to think the Wolf predator is the most demanded pred from AVP so hopefully they'll make that one first.

The old Wolf figures were all seperate figures too, masked, unmasked and so on.

It could be seen as a cashgrab yes, however, it is also true that NECA doesn't want to compromise on the accuracy of either the underlying faces or the masks themselves which removeable mask features would do. Not even the real Predator suits ever had a full predator face underneath the mask and if they did the mask would have been huge and stuck out a mile like the original Hot Toys P1 mask.

We can't praise them on their accuracy and yet complain about one of the very strategies that enables them to provide that accuracy in the first place.

Now, having said that, in the cases of the Kenner Predators I wouldn't have given a $h!t either way.

It could be seen as a cashgrab yes, however, it is also true that NECA doesn't want to compromise on the accuracy of either the underlying faces or the masks themselves which removeable mask features would do. Not even the real Predator suits ever had a full predator face underneath the mask and if they did the mask would have been huge and stuck out a mile like the original Hot Toys P1 mask.

We can't praise them on their accuracy and yet complain about one of the very strategies that enables them to provide that accuracy in the first place.

Now, having said that, in the cases of the Kenner Predators I wouldn't have given a $h!t either way.

I used to give a ****, not anymore :pfft:

Yeah the Kenner figs have funny heads and the P2 by McFarlane also has an "emahgerd" face due to the mask, but, If I remember correctly HT berserker and wolf had both removable masks with full faces underneath, with closed mandibles and without compromising the sculpt, I strongly believe there must be way to do it on a smaller scale, but yeah, they're already ahead of their market and doing things right, so I don't think they see the need to try this.

I used to give a ****, not anymore :pfft:

Yeah the Kenner figs have funny heads and the P2 by McFarlane also has an "emahgerd" face due to the mask, but, If I remember correctly HT berserker and wolf had both removable masks with full faces underneath, with closed mandibles and without compromising the sculpt, I strongly believe there must be way to do it on a smaller scale, but yeah, they're already ahead of their market and doing things right, so I don't think they see the need to try this.

HT Berserker and Wolf had removeable masks yes but neither figure is considered accurate. Nice looking headsculpts but innaccurate overall.

5359258275_84ff7771d6_z.jpg

Predator-predators-2010-movie-14721723-1200-800.jpg

Yeah I see it now, it's way off, I always "felt" HT's didn't give their preds that predator feel in the headsculpts, but I never looked further into it, now I know why.

But everything is there to make an accurate sculpt, I don't know, I haven't lost faith.

Last edited:

nah man removeable masks wouldnt look cool as you think. i think doing them this way is for the best and honestly i'd prefer if they stick with masked only for the kenner ones so we can get the most of the series without them steping back to redo them like the p1 and p2 , zerker figures.

That's cool. I disagree. I don't see how NECA does Nightstorm with a removable mask but the other 2 get the shaft. :cuckoo:

thats im guessing cause nightstorm is going to have zerkers legs and not updated ball jointed ones. and we dont know how it will look in person night's head could look too big with that helmet being able to come off compared to the other predators. maybe its to test waters of having a removable helmet , though i hope they learned their leason, cant win with fans.

That's cool. I disagree. I don't see how NECA does Nightstorm with a removable mask but the other 2 get the shaft. :cuckoo:

Well, as far as I can see, they used the berserker head with open mandibles, and they sculpted a mask that goes over that, so, the mask is much bigger compared to the body, which is cool cause it's like a ceremonial mask, but the other 2 are already "head-sized" masks, I'm not saying they can't do it, but they didn't, they just re-used the existing sculpting 100%, and threw up and "extra" mask for one of them. :/ disappointing.

Pic posted before.
Neca-NIGHTSTORM-part-of-Predator-Series-10.jpg

Back