NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't like the updated P1 from what I see in the pic. It looks lazy and fat.

Clearly someone hasn't seen the first Predator movie.

tumblr_kzb4dzXtYf1qb25zuo1_500.png

He's not fat, but he's by no means lean either.

I was referring to the newly updated figure. You thought I said the Predator looks fat and lazy. No. The updated figure/toy. That's what I'm talking about. :duh

Just out of interest...

What's "fat and lazy" about it?

The proportion / size of the figure itself?

Did NECA use a different mold?

Looks similar / same to the masked version I have.

It's my understanding that they only tooled new articulation; not a new body which results in new proportions. I personally don't see how it looks "fat and lazy."

I was referring to the newly updated figure. You thought I said the Predator looks fat and lazy. No. The updated figure/toy. That's what I'm talking about. :duh

Unless I'm misunderstanding you or not getting a joke, I'm pretty sure he knew you were talking about the figure. He was saying that by comparison with the movie creature the toy is accurate in its 'fatness'

Maybe slouched and pudgy? Idk he looks hunched. It will probably look much better in-hand. It's probably just the angle the pic was taken. Hopefully. Either that or it's just me. For the sake of everyone else for now it's just me. :)

be cool if they release a masked jungle hunter with the updated artic in series 8 along with dutch or wolf and scar...... ;)

head swap would work tho i imagine.

jeeeebus is series 7 out yet, cmon! wants me city hunter reallllly bad.

Jungle Hunter looks lazy because the Paintjob ist terrible.
No fine Details, false Colours, etc.

Masked City Hunter Looks nice(not the BD Version with the not removable Gas Mask).

No, I didn't. I know you were referring to the figure and meant that it looks a little pudgy because the character himself is a little pudgy.

Jungle Hunter looks lazy because the Paintjob ist terrible.
No fine Details, false Colours, etc.

Get used to it. And in all honesty, the figure in that picture blows the first one out of the water. More vibrant colors and less of that muted, puke-ish brown and inaccurate yellow they used the first time around. The forehead spotting and mouth paint is hugely improved as well.

More vibrant colors and less of that muted, puke-ish brown and inaccurate yellow they used the first time around.

Yep that was the most notable thing for me and I hope that follows through to all the production figures. Adding any previous figure that had what you describe to my FS list. Hideous. Much improved now by the looks of it.

@Blade3327, simply better than the previous P1 Figure is not good enough.

I dont used to it.
Neca does it better.

Look at the nice Freddy, Ash and Gremlins figures.

There are worlds between.

The Problem with the new P1 is the brown Paint on the skin and on the Loincloath, the dark yelowish shadow on the forehead and the inaccurate black spotting on the complet Figure.

@Blade3327, simply better than the previous P1 Figure is not good enough.

I dont used to it.
Neca does it better.

Look at the nice Freddy, Ash and Gremlins figures.

There are worlds between.

The Problem with the new P1 is the brown Paint on the skin and on the Loincloath, the dark yelowish shadow on the forehead and the inaccurate black spotting on the complet Figure.

We've known for years that NECA's Predators are not as good as their other lines when it comes to paint apps. The character designs themselves are more complex than Ash or Freddy, which is why those simpler characters look so much better.

If you care so much about accessories (including ones that would be financially impractical for this low-end market) and paint apps, why haven't you bought yourself a HT Predator yet? Both companies serve different purposes and cater to different people, I think it's obvious we're not going to get a hybrid between the two anytime soon. No matter how great that would be.

I have yet to see the new P1 in person (their newer Lost Hunter wave was underwhelming), but from what I can tell here, he does look better than any other 7" Predators I've seen NECA do. Same goes for the masked P2. I don't see them getting much better than that.

To complex characters are not the Reason.
Look at the Human Terminator Figures, the have bad Paintjobs too.

Neca can complexe characters, for Example the nice Gremlins ore the Wolf Predator.

The Problem is the poor Quality Control.

And Acessories, this have nothing to do with high end .
This are a development of neca in the last Years.

Remember at the Cult classics Line with nice Bases, etc.

Or the Conan figure with so many an Accessories, or the Wolf.

This are financially practicabel, look at the Past and other Toylines.

One Skull, 2 Hands more, they are nothing for Neca.

Hot Toys are not accurate enough(for Example the new Face of the City Hunter) and the prices are too expensive.

Neca should simply a constand, good quality Contol.
With a Level like the Gremlins ore the Wolf I am satisfied.
They are clean, vibrant Paint applications.

When you look actally at the Crown of the unmasked and BD City Hunter, the Crown are horrible.

I dont know where the big Problem.
Better Quality or other processes can solve this Problem(e.g. stencils)
And for big accesories like bases, they can do seperate Environments(like the NoES Furnace) ore diorames(like the the crow Sets in the Past).

I own both Hot Toys and Neca. Both serve thier price points. If I want a whole lost tribe I go with Neca, If I want a brilliant gorgeus paint job and accessories I buy a Tracker or a Classic predator. Before I pay I know what I'm getting either way. The only middle ground is the Neca 1/4 scale Predator. But it will still cost almost 100 bucks. Hell I remmember getting the Hot Toys AVPs, P2 And Elder for 110 dollars when thy first came out. Talk about inflation!!!

To complex characters are not the Reason.
Look at the Human Terminator Figures, the have bad Paintjobs too.

Neca can complexe characters, for Example the nice Gremlins ore the Wolf Predator.

The Problem is the poor Quality Control.

And Acessories, this have nothing to do with high end .
This are a development of neca in the last Years.

Remember at the Cult classics Line with nice Bases, etc.

Or the Conan figure with so many an Accessories, or the Wolf.

This are financially practicabel, look at the Past and other Toylines.

One Skull, 2 Hands more, they are nothing for Neca.

Hot Toys are not accurate enough(for Example the new Face of the City Hunter) and the prices are too expensive.

Neca should simply a constand, good quality Contol.
With a Level like the Gremlins ore the Wolf I am satisfied.
They are clean, vibrant Paint applications.

When you look actally at the Crown of the unmasked and BD City Hunter, the Crown are horrible.

I dont know where the big Problem.
Better Quality or other processes can solve this Problem(e.g. stencils)
And for big accesories like bases, they can do seperate Environments(like the NoES Furnace) ore diorames(like the the crow Sets in the Past).

You've been going on about NECA Preds for like 2 years now. Nothings going to change.

keyboard_bash.gif

Back