NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was an good investment.
Make a Poll to this Topic.

Many fans wishes Human Charakters, this is a fact, not my Opinion only.

You will no Human Charakters ?

Hot toys is in this Section better, a way better.
They have a good sculpt from a famous Actor and they make different Figures from different Movies with this Sculpt.

Neca have a very, very bad and stupid management.

Whit these Licenses and these Sculpts a lot more Money are possible.

Why they made no city Hunter in 19" ?
The Sculpt is final over a Year(Toy fair 2011).

When comes this Figure ?
Winter 2012, Sommer 2013 ore ever ?

And Terminator.

Any News of an 18" T-800 Arnold ?

Are you satiesfied with this ?

This is slowly, very slowly.

I will all important Predators in 19" and all Important Terminators in 18".

And that before the Year 2020.

There is no point trying to explain it to Rider.

It's been explained to him numerous times before and he still just doesn't get it.

Just because HE thinks it's a good investment, doesn't mean NECA feels it's a good investment...but he just can't seem to grasp that.

Point taken. The language barrier and other factors clearly make this a one-sided discussion. I should have known better.

It's not that I do not understand.

But I have a massive Problem with necas crappy manegement
And Randy Falk and Kyle Windrix have Problemes to with this Management.

Do you remember what Kyle said about the 19 "P1?
What kind of a fight for Randy.

They thought for years that even a 18 "Predator do not sale good.

And now there 4 Versions of P1 in 19".

There is no point trying to explain it to Rider.

It's been explained to him numerous times before and he still just doesn't get it.

Just because HE thinks it's a good investment, doesn't mean NECA feels it's a good investment...but he just can't seem to grasp that.

He always guarantees me a good laugh.:lol

The actors don't want to sign their likeness off for that character. Or they're asking a ____load of money for it.

Simple as that. Couldn't get any more simple then what I said.

If you can't understand that...well, find a new hobby,

And Hot Toys haven`t this Problems ?

Hot Toys and Sideshow have Human Charakters.
Dutch, Billy, Dallas, the Marines, Roise, Noland, etc.

Neca can buy this Likeness rights and then produce Human Charakters.

Im sure, when Karl Weathers say ok to Likeness for Rocky, they say ok for Dillon, and Schwarzenegger too.

Well, we are getting at least 2 colonial marines and Kyle Reese from T1 so lets all buy those and hope it encourages NECA to make more human characters from these films.

The creature options are running low so I say mix it up a bit with some humans thrown in. Particularly if you've got an Alien hive going - the marines are essential for that IMO. And Predators look cool and all but it sure would be nice for them to have people to hunt.

And Hot Toys haven`t this Problems ?

Hot Toys and Sideshow have Human Charakters.
Dutch, Billy, Dallas, the Marines, Roise, Noland, etc.

Neca can buy this Likeness rights and then produce Human Charakters.

Im sure, when Karl Weathers say ok to Likeness for Rocky, they say ok for Dillon, and Schwarzenegger too.

You don't seem to understand what licensing is, or how it works.

Arnold agreed yes. But it was probably expensive. Hot Toys isn't cheap. NECA is.

But just because you have one license for Arnold in this movie, doesn't mean you're allowed to just make any character from every movie he made.

Terminator 2 is owned by Warner now, I believe, Predator is FOX. Not the same company.

The Terminator is a character that's considered Arnold's most famous. Especially from T2. T2 is at Universal studios, for kids to watch and see, the film is pretty tame too, so kids probably watch that one as well. The T2 Terminator is pretty much a super hero for kids.

Dutch from Predator, isn't. Predator isn't for kids, in any way. And some actors don't want figures made of them with guns, and in the army. So kids can't play with them.

Yes, most actors don't know, or understand the collector market. They just know Toys = For Children.

That's why HT is able to get more likenesses, because they are not made for kids, nor sold where kids can buy, let alone afford them.

You also got to understand, Arnold was a Governor for a while. He had an image he needed to keep. It would be inappropriate to have a figure of a camo dressed Arnold with guns and weapons at Toys R Us for any kid to buy.

I just bought a few of these new preds (Snake,Gort,etc) & I must say I love them! The poseability & detail are excellent! Very impressive in hand. Too bad the elbows aren't double jointed like the knees or had a rotating shoulder joint though...poses would be unlimited.

I just bought a few of these new preds (Snake,Gort,etc) & I must say I love them! The poseability & detail are excellent! Very impressive in hand. Too bad the elbows aren't double jointed like the knees or had a rotating shoulder joint though...poses would be unlimited.

Thats for the next round of updates to make us buy them all again. Ala the 25th anniversary P1s we'll be getting which will have the P2 leg articulation.

Predator isn't for kids, in any way.

Actually, 25 years ago today, my mom took me to the theatre to see Predator. I was 7 years old then. Surprisingly, I turned out to be a pretty successful adult if I don't say so myself. :)

Predator isn't for kids, in any way.

Go back and tell that to Kenner. :lol I had Aliens, Predator, Terminator and Robocop action figures. I still remember the excitement of first seeing those figures at Toys R Us. I was 7 when Aliens/Predator/T2 hit. I had watched those movies (except for T2, but T1) by that time. :yess:

since neca is into the habit of re-releasing fig with adjustment(robocop being the recent shoddy example), would it be funny that, after we all complete the set and got all 10 of the lost tribe, they decide to re-release every single one again, only this time with real netting?

it would make the figs much superior to my eyes. but would you go through all the hassle again of buying every single one? or maybe they'll slap the exclusive label on it and release it as a 10-pack.

since neca is into the habit of re-releasing fig with adjustment(robocop being the recent shoddy example), would it be funny that, after we all complete the set and got all 10 of the lost tribe, they decide to re-release every single one again, only this time with real netting?

it would make the figs much superior to my eyes. but would you go through all the hassle again of buying every single one? or maybe they'll slap the exclusive label on it and release it as a 10-pack.

Yeah, kinda like you re-releasing all your same old whiny complaints (with adjustments), slapping a "new post" label on it and calling it an "opinion".

NECA has said before that real netting at the 7-inch scale can't be done (I think cost and appearance were cited), so I think you're going to be worry-free on that issue in the future.

I think if the Losties get rereleased it'll be in a giant figure set with a ship interior backdrop. I joked about them rereleasing them with improved elbow articulation but I don't seriously see NECA putting out every single Lostie again individually. A single figure like the P1 yes but not all of those.

NECA has said before that real netting at the 7-inch scale can't be done (I think cost and appearance were cited), so I think you're going to be worry-free on that issue in the future.

Technically it can be done, but they won't want to go there because it raises the cost and thus the price -- even a little bit and they want to keep their bottom line from decreasing... and that's the "bottom line"...
=(

Back