NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's obvious by now that your/NECA's sculpts absolutely destroy McFarlane..but McFarlane's P2 paint is of higher quality..which I don't understand.

If there was some way the factories could paint NECA figures just a LITTLE better, they'd be perfect.

LOL just give it up man. Mc Turd P2 is just that. One piece of crap and the head sculpt is laughable. Our P2 freaking rules that thing with the paint job it has. If you like brown turd color with the worst P2 head sculpt ever good for you. As a huge P2 fan I'm very happy with our figure which kills Mc Jokes figure and I can't wait for fans to pick it up and take notes. The McFarlane figure was such a joke.

NECA should hire Todd to supervise the paint apps.

just a little repaint the P2 will look much better...
really love the articulation of this figure!!!
Test01.jpg

Test02.jpg

Test03.jpg

Wow you made this look the way I was hoping for and it looks great. Awesome job on the repaint. I so wish this P2 sculpt will get the 19 inch treatment. If so I'd like to add a rib cage ball joint. After playing with the Rocky figures the rib cage joint is a lot of fun. Would have been nice for P2 and all his brothers.

It's obvious by now that your/NECA's sculpts absolutely destroy McFarlane..but McFarlane's P2 paint is of higher quality..which I don't understand.

If there was some way the factories could paint NECA figures just a LITTLE better, they'd be perfect.

BS do you have the Todd figure? The paint is way off from P2. The Todd figure doesn't look anything like P2 at all. The head sculpt and paint aren't anything like the movie. Our P2 body paint is so much better it's not even funny.

I think he's referring more to the quality of the paint apps. If we could take the accurate sculpts and paint layout of NECA's figures with the paint quality of the old McFarlane Predators, we'd have perfection.

No, no, no.. I'm COMPLETELY aware of the fact that yours is more accurate overall.

I'm saying that McFarlanes paint app is of better quality..NOT more accurate, just applied better.. It's more neat and precise.

I don't have the McFarlane P2 anymore..but I've gone through two of them.

NECA should hire Todd to supervise the paint apps.

You're right and looking at the P1 12 inch figure he did I'd say he does know how paint on a Predator should look. LOL. I was looking at his Walking Dead figures and couldn't help but think? What is he thinking anyway? I do wish the middle of our P2 head was painter better but still the rest is great and by far this figure looks way better than that poor excuse for P2 McFarlane figure.

No, no, no.. I'm COMPLETELY aware of the fact that yours is more accurate overall.

I'm saying that McFarlanes paint app is of better quality..NOT more accurate, just applied better.. It's more neat and precise.

I don't have the McFarlane P2 anymore..but I've gone through two of them.

It's neat because there isn't much there paint wise. If you had both figures in hand you'd see what I'm saying. It's sad just how bad the McFarlane figure looks.

It's sad just how bad the McFarlane figure looks.

It was ok at the time. Time moves on. Maybe in another 5/6 years you will look back at your Preds and say, what were we thinking? Although you sculpts are far superior.:D

If you want to boast about your P2, someone with the authority at NECA needs to greenlight production for a 1/4 P2.:D

tankman, how come hippie and boar's paint match , and neca let the factory screw p2's up, neca had the test figure in their hands,and could see the colors and tints of the chest and legs were way off and don't match,but yet let the paint get screwed up, and was never twiked?

tankman, please answer this.

tankman, how come hippie and boar's paint match , and neca let the factory screw p2's up, neca had the test figure in their hands,and could see the colors and tints of the chest and legs were way off but yet let the paint get screwed up, and was never twiked?

I think P2 looks great as is and the middle of his head is the only thing I wish were better. The factory does what it wants to do and trying to get them to do things the way we want is like pulling teeth at times. All in all I'm very happy with P2. For a 17 dollar figure it's unbelievable in my opinion. We knew all along they'd never get it to look like the prototype. It's a very complicated paint scheme.

I think P2 looks great as is and the middle of his head is the only thing I wish were better. The factory does what it wants to do and trying to get them to do things the way we want is like pulling teeth at times. All in all I'm very happy with P2. For a 17 dollar figure it's unbelievable in my opinion. We knew all along they'd never get it to look like the prototype. It's a very complicated paint scheme.

the head looks alright to me, it's the chest paint they screwed up, they used light brown instead of the reddish brown, are they blind?, not to see the chest and legs don't match at all, they matched boar and hippie's paint fine.

True. I was pleasantly surprised by the paint on the small masked P1 however I think this one will be exactly as I expect, tolerable only. But theres always the 19"!.....I mean that is going to happen....isn't it?....

i'm getting the masked p2 and maybe p2 gort, and have them repainted, and if neca does the alien queen, i'll buy it,but i'm passing on all the other lost predators, and will be done with neca.
qc will never change it seems, since the factory is the boss.

Last edited:
It was ok at the time. Time moves on. Maybe in another 5/6 years you will look back at your Preds and say, what were we thinking? Although you sculpts are far superior.:D

If you want to boast about your P2, someone with the authority at NECA needs to greenlight production for a 1/4 P2.:D

You have no idea how bad I want that to happen.

i'm getting the masked p2 and maybe p2 gort, and have them repainted, and if neca does the alien queen, i'll buy it,but i'm passing on all the other lost predators, and will be done with neca.
qc will never change it seems.

You need to get all of them because they'll look so cool together. Hopefully the qc will be fine and we know the Elder arms breaking was such crap. I bought two P1's and one broke. Not cool.

You need to get all of them because they'll look so cool together. Hopefully the qc will be fine and we know the Elder arms breaking was such crap. I bought two P1's and one broke. Not cool.
tankman
when mite we see some painted pictures of the p2 gort?
also does the blade disk attach to the leg blade holders on these?

Regardless of QC and paint issues I definitely want all the Losties. I doubt those will all happen at any other scale not even Hot Toys - I have a feeling completing the Lost Pred lineup won't be a priority of theirs.

Regardless of QC and paint issues I definitely want all the Losties. I doubt those will all happen at any other scale not even Hot Toys - I have a feeling completing the Lost Pred lineup won't be a priority of theirs.

it seems p2 city hunter is the only one with paint issues so far.

Back