NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, then a limited Edition of the 18" (10000x Worldwide :rolleyes:) for 60 Bucks and everyone is happy.

How well sold the 18" ALIEN, someone knows ?

Not very, the stores around me have a couple left. They told me they didn't order the Aliens because of the poor sales of the other Alien figure. 10000 is still a lot for NECA to make and would cost a lot.

Still in stock at places nearly a year later, and discounted at some. Of course I'd personally chalk some poor sales of the Alien to word of mouth about how top heavy it is. Cool that they released it, but it's quite prone to tipping over unless you have a base or something, at least I found it to be. At least with the Predator the weight would be ditributed enough it'd stand fine.

I just wish I could find the two ALIENS figures now. Everywhere is sold out of them. I sure hope these new Predators are going to be in stock in my LCS. I really hope that the poor sales of the Alien wont affect these guys.

I don't know why that is. Those guys weren't even that good but eh, I guess the same goes for the AVP 1 figures. Some people want $100 for each even though they were bad figures.

Well just because someone's asking for it doesn't mean they'll get it. People on eBay overprice things all the time hoping some sucker will think oh it's super rare or just want one so much they'll pay it. The NECA AVPR line was a huge peg warmer in my local stores, even when the ALIEN and ALIENS figures came out they were still there, it kept pissing me off because I'd get exciting thinking I'd found the new stuff and it was the old peg warmers.

No, I can't. I have asked and asked and nothing. I only saw the NECA Aliens line there last fall. It was there and I stupidly passed it up. Now I can't find a place with them or willing to order NECA Predators and Aliens. Cincinnati is pretty bad for us collectors...

Not very, the stores around me have a couple left. They told me they didn't order the Aliens because of the poor sales of the other Alien figure. 10000 is still a lot for NECA to make and would cost a lot.

Yes, but the Alien is still fairly young (2008)
Most of the 18" figures from the years 2004-2007 are sold out.

....10000x was only intended as an example. :eek:

I think most of the people who owns the 18" Alien, waiting for an 18" predator and would be willing to pay even more for him.
I mean this is not a bad figure. :D

Many, many buyers would be guaranteed, but thats
just my 2 cents.

I'd be willing to pay for the Predator. Shoot, I'd buy a 18" Predalien and Wolf for that price. I say bring it, I am just speaking in the voice of the majority.

I think most of the people who owns the 18" Alien, waiting for an 18" predator and would be willing to pay even more for him.

Very true, but, the total number of people that ammounts to may not be worth what the return on the investment NECA makes to produce the figure. According to Tankman, Predators, even at 7", cost more to produce than the rest of NECA's products, same would go for 18" and what there's not their core product size, they might just deem it not worthwhile to wastes time, money and resources on a figure that won't sell to their liking.

Enjoy the 7", be blown away if they come through with an 18"

Sean is definitely right... unfortunately. NECA doesn't cater to the high quality collector for the most part. I see so many 18"ers on the racks at Hot Topic.

It would be funny if Hot Topic were to put stickers on top of the NECA logo on the box with one that says "Hot Toys", and they start selling like hotcakes... :lol

Sean is definitely right... unfortunately. NECA doesn't cater to the high quality collector for the most part. I see so many 18"ers on the racks at Hot Topic.

It would be funny if Hot Topic were to put stickers on top of the NECA logo on the box with one that says "Hot Toys", and they start selling like hotcakes... :lol
Hot Topic sells NECA Aliens too?

I'd be willing to pay for the Predator. Shoot, I'd buy a 18" Predalien and Wolf for that price. I say bring it, I am just speaking in the voice of the majority.

We are the Majority ! :D
You have very good ideas;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da5bYt7buY0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFeMzU3_Wq0 :naughty

TANKMAN speak with the BOSS;

Either 18" in the future or you go to mezco ! :D

Neca will end up like MCFARLANE, at the beginning 18" inch then 12" and now they are dead !

Hot Topic sells NECA Aliens too?

Yes, Hot Topic, Spencer's Gifts and For Your Entertainment (FYE) are known mall chains that carry NECA products. Hot Topic usually less than Spencers, but they carry some, I usually find they're buried at the back amidst all the stupid 12 year old goth girl panties :lol

Yes, Hot Topic, Spencer's Gifts and For Your Entertainment (FYE) are known mall chains that carry NECA products. Hot Topic usually less than Spencers, but they carry some, I usually find they're buried at the back amidst all the stupid 12 year old goth girl panties :lol

Damn it, I just went out to the mall yesterday, but not for the figures. I didn't even to think to check. Thanks though. Maybe while I'm there I'll pick me up some panties....:naughty:monkey1

Yes, but the Alien is still fairly young (2008)
Most of the 18" figures from the years 2004-2007 are sold out.

....10000x was only intended as an example. :eek:

I think most of the people who owns the 18" Alien, waiting for an 18" predator
and would be willing to pay even more for him.
I mean this is not a bad figure. :D

Many, many buyers would be guaranteed, but thats
just my 2 cents.

I am also in the waiting list

https://tinypic.com/player.php?v=154ka9s&s=6

...Neca will end up like MCFARLANE, at the beginning 18" inch then 12" and now they are dead !

Dude, now you're just talking out of your ass. :rolleyes:
That's about the most ridiculous statement made in this thread.
Good job.

NECA is NOTHING like McFarlane...at least they go for accuracy.

You have no idea what other collector's want or don't want, what they would or would not pay for.

Not to mention, McFarlane chose to focus on other things, they're still around and going strong but more focused on their sports products. NECA could always shift directions but it's not as though the 7", higher end movie figure market isn't out there. NECA's pretty much king of it and the only one doing anything in it.

Back