NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My McFarlane figures though, seem to break no matter what. Dog Alien's head randomly snapped off about a year ago, tossed out my broken Res Drone a week or so after receiving him..etc.

Difference is, McFarlane stuff breaks years after you bought it. NECA stuff breaks as soon as you take it out of the box. Thats my experience anyway.

Difference is, McFarlane stuff breaks years after you bought it. NECA stuff breaks as soon as you take it out of the box. Thats my experience anyway.
i dunno what magical leprechaun you get your McFarlane figures from, but dozens of mine were broken in the package. in fact, McF used a lower grade plastic than NECA uses now. that crap was so brittle and their website got flooded with complaints. when i worked at a toy store, we'd get entire series cases we couldn't put out on the shelves because every single figure had broken parts. we'd just tag the cases and send them back over and over again until we got a case that least half the figures in it was sellable. horrible goddamn company.

i dunno what magical leprechaun you get your McFarlane figures from, but dozens of mine were broken in the package. in fact, McF used a lower grade plastic than NECA uses now. that crap was so brittle and their website got flooded with complaints. when i worked at a toy store, we'd get entire series cases we couldn't put out on the shelves because every single figure had broken parts. we'd just tag the cases and send them back over and over again until we got a case that least half the figures in it was sellable. horrible goddamn company.

Well I'm not lying or trying to be contrary for the sake of it. Most of the breaks I've had on McFarlane figures have only been pretty recent. Had them for years and they were fine. I think by now every single one of the many NECA T-1000s I bought has broken. Shoulders, elbows and heads. Its ridiculous. They're cheap (compared to Hot Toys) but they're not ___king free either.

I never bought many McF figures, except for the aliens and preds of MM5, 6 and 7 I think, and I do remember an amazing decline in quality from the MM5 boxed set and MM6 series to the AvP series of MM7. The AvP figures had pretty crappy paint apps and all of my preds had stuck joints, which had never happened in any other McF figures I'd bought.

My favourite McFarlane figure is the MM4 T-800 using a NECA headsculpt and the MM4 pretzel man T-1000 - since no one else has ever tackled that.

On the Alien and Predator front.....ehhhh. The small AvP series 2 Queen is pretty good.

McFarlane's AvP series 2 is actually pretty nifty. I didn't appreciate it much at the time because I was p!$$ed at the scale change and they didn't make Chopper Predator etc etc. Cool pieces though.

I assume series 2 is the diorama/playset..set?

Because I ____ing love those to death. Celtic throwing Grid, Birth of the burster, Grid impales Chopper..

I don't have the Grid impales Chopper one anymore, but I have the other two and they are just wonderful.

McFarlane's AvP series 2 is actually pretty nifty. I didn't appreciate it much at the time because I was p!$$ed at the scale change and they didn't make Chopper Predator etc etc. Cool pieces though.

Yeah, no Chopper was a big let down, as was no unmasked Scar. That would have been an ideal Series 2 there.

All my NECA preds are kicking ass and no problems besides a few paint issues...which in my mind arent really issues for a $15 figure.

Looks like I spoke to soon...I just got my Elder and right out the package, I started messing around with him adjusting his dreads and straps and started to move his left arm a bit...snap clean at the elbow. Looks like the elbow joint might have just been frozen solid from the paint Im guessing...it almost looks like crazy glue was on it.

if only there was an easy way to avoid that and involves some hot water and takes like a minute.

Yeah see and Ive read on here several times, but like I said messing with it everthing seemed to be moving fine. I see it all good moved it a bit and snap...not even any give at all...just I put a little pressure and clean snap.

I went ahead and just super glued it back at an angle I like. Oh well...

i never take the chance. McFarlane destroyed my trust with figure companies and i immediately dunk every single non-high-end figure in hot water as soon as i get it. right out of the package. i don't move anything on them before they're good and soft so i can loosen any potentially stuck joints. since i started doing that, i don't have any broken figures now. might not be a bad habit to pick up.

Back