NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*Sigh* It looks good but for some reason I'm still glad I didn't end up buying it.

Maybe because those are the only pictures that really make it look excellent? The other photos are great and the lighting is fantastic (particularly on KoBE's), but the figure itself is just a pity to see in most cases. I think the only way Kyle's amazing sculpt will be done justice is to release it in 1/4-scale... We can only hope.

I was just joking around with you, since mine snapped at the left elbow joint and the peg is stuck in there, trying to troubleshoot a fix for this now.

alot of people on another board are having qc problems with elder, and p1 masked also.

alot of people on another board are having qc problems with elder, and p1 masked also.

See, yesterday i was out at a LCS i've never been to previously and was looking for the ANOS Freddy figure when i saw they had the SDCC Gort, Elder and P1..was tempted to pick up the P1 and i didn't because of the arm problem and the bio's on both figures could have been better, still might grab this figure though but, if there is a 19" P1 coming then i'll wait for that.

Sorry, i mean't 12inch or 14inch to go with my other Predator figures.

100_3750.jpg

100_3748.jpg

100_3745.jpg

Looks good except for the paint on the netting. Why didn't they use real netting? Aren't they using it on the upcoming 7 inch P2?...

No I dont! You are very wrong about this. Read my last post again. I am saying Mcfarlane which had cheap figures back than...they could paint the netting almost flawlessly. Just compare them to each other. Neca's netting is just terrible for example. There is no excuse for this. Also there are unpainted parts on the figures at important areas...the arms for example. Of course Mcfarlane had many problems with their quality too. I am not a hater. I am trying to be objective always and this is how I see Neca's work.

Anyway my little kotobukiya 2 or 3 inch predator has a netting which has a better paint application than the Neca one.
no i have the McFarlane and Koto figures and they both have the opposite problem with the netting where they used too much paint and it's really sloppy. there's no way to make the netting on these tiny figures look perfect with cheap labor. you're just gonna have to get over it or re-evaluate your expectations for a $15 mass-produced figure. i know i'm getting what i pay for.
Looks good except for the paint on the netting. Why didn't they use real netting?
because that would make a $15 figure into a $30 figure.
Aren't they using it on the upcoming 7 inch P2?...
what? no.

The netting isn't sloppily painted on any of my McFarlane Predators.
On the subject of McFarlane Predators, I just had a look back at my masked and unmasked P2's and they don't seem to have the seam that goes across the forehead.

Scalped of the head looks to be one piece...

Compared to the NECA Classic Predators and the Wolf Predators I have, they got the seam...

Barely noticeable but McFarlane's Predators don't have it...

can someone please post a pic of the Mcfarlane predator???

all this talk about the better netting on the Mcfarlane preds is driving me nuts :cuckoo:

The netting on the McF Pred is painted better because it's freaking HUGE.

It's so thick, it's ridiculous.

no i have the McFarlane and Koto figures and they both have the opposite problem with the netting where they used too much paint and it's really sloppy. there's no way to make the netting on these tiny figures look perfect with cheap labor. you're just gonna have to get over it or re-evaluate your expectations for a $15 mass-produced figure. i know i'm getting what i pay for.

because that would make a $15 figure into a $30 figure.

what? no.

Well we just have to agree to disagree than. But IMO it is not an opinion here. Mcfarlane figures in fact (Preds, Aliens) had a better paintjob all around at almost every area.

The netting isn't sloppily painted on any of my McFarlane Predators.

Exactly and those pictures show that and I had all of the Mcfarlane preds, little dios and I never had problem with the paint apps at the netting. Mcfarlane in fact had better paint on they figures than Neca quality wise.

Last edited:
McF's quality went downhill with the AvP figures. I remember it was my first encounter with sloppy paint apps and stuck joints. Before that I had never had any problems of breakage or QC in the paint apps.
But their MM5 and MM6 aliens and preds all had great paint apps and no breakage problems at all.

Back