NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If NECA's not giving us $200, high-end versions of these characters, at least scale them up to 19" for $80-$100 like they did with P1.
P2 Elder shouldn't be a problem, after all, he's almost all reused parts. I won't feel confident buying unless that happens.

If NECA's not giving us $200, high-end versions of these characters, at least scale them up to 19" for $80-$100 like they did with P1.
P2 Elder shouldn't be a problem, after all, he's almost all reused parts. I won't feel confident buying unless that happens.
i was thinking they'd never do that with the Elder. but since they announced the 19" Gort P1, now i'm thinking they'd be pretty dumb to not do it. plus Kyle said he could go back and fix all the stuff that's missing/wrong on the 7" version.

just saw these in a couple TRUs in the midwest if anybody is still looking for them. i didn't get to check the whole case but they were all in good shape from what i saw.

Found Elder and the hound today at TRU though no P1 sadly :( Passed on them cause Elder had a lazy eye and I don't have Tracker yet so no need for the hound atm though the paint on him looked good and I was surprised how big he looked too. I'm a bit pissed though cause my P1 I pre-ordered at TRU.com still hasn't shipped yet. I think I'm just gonna cancel my order there and get him somewhere else.

Has anyone noticed on the Masked Classic there seems to be alot of "cracks" and molding lines on the mask? I managed to find one that looks pretty good, but alot that I have seen have some really severe issues.

Maybe the smooth texture of the mask causes this during the casting process, or the silver paint highlights it more, I don't know, but pretty much every one I have seen has this issue to some degree (but some are far worse than others).

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed on the Masked Classic there seems to be alot of "cracks" and molding lines on the mask? I managed to find one that looks pretty good, but alot that I have seen have some really severe issues.

Maybe the smooth texture of the mask causes this during the casting process, or the silver paint highlights it more, I don't know, but pretty much every one I have seen has this issue to some degree (but some are far worse than others).

Yes, I noticed this and was the first to document it in the thread. It stinks when a thread is hundred of pages, because info like that gets easily lost or forgotten.

yes, mine did, i sold it at a loss, sickening.
bad molding, the new factory sux on 7 in. figures.

Well just as I was about to cancel my order from TRU, I decided to check my email and I got a confirmation that my masked P1 has been shipped! Yay! Now I'm not pissed off at TRU anymore :blissy Can't wait for him to get here. Hopefully nothing wrong with mine.

Great pics Batfreak.

thanks! surprised that there are no pics yet of the new figs in this thread. i have been waiting SUCH a long time for the masked 87 Predator, it just felt like forever since it got anounced. just so happy to finally have mine!

i actually think the body on the masked pred looks much better paint wise then the unmasked. the body has a more wet look to it, and the fishnet doesnt look painted on like the unmasked does. its also a bit darker of a paintjob, which i think is just better overall. it gives him i think a more realistic look.

thanks! surprised that there are no pics yet of the new figs in this thread. i have been waiting SUCH a long time for the masked 87 Predator, it just felt like forever since it got anounced. just so happy to finally have mine!

i actually think the body on the masked pred looks much better paint wise then the unmasked. the body has a more wet look to it, and the fishnet doesnt look painted on like the unmasked does. its also a bit darker of a paintjob, which i think is just better overall. it gives him i think a more realistic look.

The new masked preds are using a plastic base that looks like it has a bit of translucency to it - like the 1/4 scale ones-- I could be mistaken if it's not translucent - don't have one next to me - but that's what my impression was...
, but other companies are following suit since HT started doing that with their 1/6 inch figures...

DC used this on the 13" alex Ross batman head and now the new Batman figures use this and it makes his face look more realistic...and Sideshow is also using the translucent Polystone for the Legendary scale figures to look more lifelike - has the visual properties of real skin...

Translucency doesn't just let light in one direction and out the other, but the light that reflects back through the skin toward the source also comes through - very nice, very subtle effect that's convincing.

Back