NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my 3 pack from CSC today, really like the paint jobs on the Pred 1 and Elder. The hound I don't really give a crap about, might eBay him. Naturally the Elder's left arm snapped with the barest movement, so I decided to go ahead and repair all the broken NECA figures I had so I could get it done all at once. On the ALIENS figure it was the left elbow and left knee, on the Endoskeleton it was the right elbow, on the Berserker Pred it was the right knee. So I got out the dremel and drilled out the joints and pinned them with steel nails and they work fine now. No compromise to the aesthetics at all since the pins are internal. I have had to do this for YEARS with many different companies figures. The worst one was the Bandai (no Tonka USA versions, Bandai Japan) Spiral Zone figures. Everyone I got I had to remove the plastic hip rods and replace them with brass rods, and these were high end figures in the 80's and 90's, some of them ranging in the $50 mark. So while it is frustrating that these breakages happen, it is not confined to NECA.
I am so very happy to have an Elder again, I missed my HT Elder more than any other figure I sold off :)

I got my 3 pack from CSC today, really like the paint jobs on the Pred 1 and Elder. The hound I don't really give a crap about, might eBay him. Naturally the Elder's left arm snapped with the barest movement, so I decided to go ahead and repair all the broken NECA figures I had so I could get it done all at once. On the ALIENS figure it was the left elbow and left knee, on the Endoskeleton it was the right elbow, on the Berserker Pred it was the right knee. So I got out the dremel and drilled out the joints and pinned them with steel nails and they work fine now. No compromise to the aesthetics at all since the pins are internal. I have had to do this for YEARS with many different companies figures. The worst one was the Bandai (no Tonka USA versions, Bandai Japan) Spiral Zone figures. Everyone I got I had to remove the plastic hip rods and replace them with brass rods, and these were high end figures in the 80's and 90's, some of them ranging in the $50 mark. So while it is frustrating that these breakages happen, it is not confined to NECA.
I am so very happy to have an Elder again, I missed my HT Elder more than any other figure I sold off :)

Can you please describe the pinning process in more detail? Maybe even post a video? I guess I didn't realize that dremel tools could drill, I thought they were more for polishing and the sort. Also, where did you find the appropriate steel nails? What size, etc? Thanks!

Sure I can do a photo tutorial. I haven't tried to move the helemted P1 arms yet and I suspect they will break, so I will photo that when it happens. On he size of the nails, it just depends on the size of the joint. Basically I drill out both sides and glue the nail in place.

Sure I can do a photo tutorial. I haven't tried to move the helemted P1 arms yet and I suspect they will break, so I will photo that when it happens. On he size of the nails, it just depends on the size of the joint. Basically I drill out both sides and glue the nail in place.

Awesome! I look forward to it! :hi5:

holy crap i just noticed the Elder's flintlock has the "Raphael Adolini 1715" inscription on it. you need a magnifying glass to read it, but it's totally there. crazy amount of detail.

28kn337.jpg

2dgrr79.jpg

ncmt5f.jpg

o77yhv.jpg

a3e91g.jpg

2r76ovr.jpg

ng69g7.jpg

2v95imc.jpg

345hb3r.jpg

10ng84i.jpg

I have him on PO and have been weary about the new series, but your pics have sold me so far. If that's the worst they're gonna look, then I'm def picking up the entire Lost Clan.

Ehh, the hound looks like poopy. Too much articulation, IMO, and the face looks like that demon on the 1st Hellboy movie.

Ehh, the hound looks like poopy. Too much articulation, IMO, and the face looks like that demon on the 1st Hellboy movie.
i like it a bunch and i'm thinking about getting a couple more of them. and i hope the A3 Dog will have at least as much articulation.

Endo, quit posting pics of your awesome predator. it's just bumming everyone out because we can't have it.

Yes, the P1 version. The super duper long one. It is the same as my P1's. Both my Elder's are like that, hence the reason i didn't think anything of it. My second Elder actually is missing the golden rings in his mandible. I noticed that I had a bad Elder because in Reefer's photos the bandolier is short and doesn't have the long crocodile skull that P1's has.

are you going to send back the elder with the missing tooth rings for a replacement? i would.

Back