NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wouldn't mind spending a few more dollars to have a 100% accurate predator figure either.but alot of people would, they want cheapest price and are fine with 90 % accuracey.
so it's all about cost, profit, and sales.

But I do not consider this a lot of people.

In theTerminator thread many People angry about the bad quality.
Some do not want to buy the figures.

Neca makes sure no more sales.

The people buying the figures because theyare cheapbalance out with those where the quality is too poor.

Sure, you can expect in 7 "for $ 15 not 100% accurate figures on hot Toys level.

But a good clean paint job, no errors and good workmanship it should be.

I think 1 figure with good quality is better than 3 Versions with worse Quality.
I think $ 20 would be a good price for better quality .

In other countries you pay more for the Figures.
16-22 Euros.

Well, here you are...with your same boring drivel of an argument for a higher price figure.

NECA knows what people will pay...not you.

If you're so sure of your knowledge, why don't you start an action figure company...then you can charge far out the ass for your figures.

To be fair his complaints about QC and paint are totally valid, even if his expectations of 100% accuracy and multiple accessories and features are overblown. QC and paint is shoddier today than it used to be for smaller scale figures and this is really annoying.

I don't care how cheap the figure is if it breaks as soon as I take it out of the box, the joints are fused, the accessorries are warped in package or the paint clearly looks ridiculous thats damned annoying. I can see it turning people off the product, and indeed it does and is (see Terminator thread)

Pic of series 3 Masked Classic in package: https://twitpic.com/5immgq

A few observations:

-The very stark and obvious "blast marks" that were on the previous figures' shin armor and shoulder pauldron/armor appear to be gone, and looks like the effect it uses now is more like dark shading to achieve the armor discoloration/blast marks.

-The hands seem to share the same paint apps as the 1/4th version with the outlines of the gloves highlighted in a lighter brown color, the gloves themselves painted in a darker color and given a lighter brown drybrushing, and the brown paint and spotting on the fingers seems greatly reduced, showing more "white" skin.

-The paint apps on the skin appear to be closer to the 1/4th figure as well, with more suble shading and color gradients used on the skin tone. (This could just be a result of the camera flash though, and all previous figures have the same shading, it's just hard to see when not having a professional photo taken.)

looks very good in the package china sent neca,
but will it look that good in the package , when the stores get theirs?
i hope and pray it does.
i have 2 ordered,maybe they will get this one right.
because the re-released series 1 and 2, have lots of paint flaws from the new china factory.

Hey glen, check this out:

"crazypredator2 asks: Dear NECA, are you going to re-release a Series 1 Falconer Predator with a robot bird as his accessory?

Quote:
Randy: Currently we have no available slot to release this in, our lineup is booked through 2012. If an opportunity opens up, like a retail exclusive, we’ll consider it. We would have done of the bird originally as an accessory but it was a digital effect that was not completed until 6 months after we did all of our Predators sculpting.

I’d also like to thank the fans for the support and their questions and encourage them to engage us on twitter as we try to answer all the questions we can there on a daily basis.

Follow us on twitter neca_toys and Like us on Facebook.com/necaofficial"

From
https://www.figures.com/forums/news/13474-exclusive-neca-studio-tour.html

i'm sure there's something cooler they can do than re-release the Falconer. i'd rather have another P1 or P2 with a medkit.

neca better be checking out qc at the new factory, or getting some there.
i got the re-release tracker today, loose as water knee joints, stuck thigh joints, cannon peg glue in won't turn, 2 dreads glued to shoulder armor, sloppy paint.the berserker and falconer are just as bad.
the only good thing the tusk weren't broken, they made them out of soft plastic this time round.

i have cancelled my preorders on the series 3 predators, i'm not buying anymore until i hear some good reviews or until this mess gets fixed, i'm sick of this.
the new factory is no better than the old one, on 7 inch scale figures.

Last edited:
I just got Falconer, Tracker, and Berserker masked, and
I have to say, they look Pretty Good, I really don't know if is new factory or not paints, (how can you check for that) but I bought them from a comic store, I have to say i am impressed, they look great, I dont really see any issues with any of them,

I just got Falconer, Tracker, and Berserker masked, and
I have to say, they look Pretty Good, I really don't know if is new factory or not paints, (how can you check for that) but I bought them from a comic store, I have to say i am impressed, they look great, I dont really see any issues with any of them,

if the blades are displayed in front of the package,instead of being placed in the figures arms, then you have the re-releases,
also the paint is different, the falconer and trackers skin tone is a little darker then before, berserker is painted more like series 2 unmasked berserker.

Thought I'd share this here with you guys: I won a twitter contest from Neca, and one of the things they sent me was an unpainted test shot Berserker Predator. Badass! It actually looks more like a variant than a prototype.

P7023638.jpg

P7023635.jpg

P7023637.jpg

P7023636.jpg

Back