NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It comes last because there was only ever 1 good film but yeah. Robocop is cool. I always counted it alongside those other classics of the 80s/early 90s.

Can we be friends? Seriously, Terminator's amazing, but Predator is like... well, whatever's better than amazing.

I think there's something about each of the films/ franchises mentioned that just clicks with different people. All great films, it's just Predator has stuck with me whilst growing up so will always be my favourite thing ever.

Geeez, I absolutely love all of those movies mentioned.
I guess that's from being a child of the 80's. :D

These movies will forever be among my favorites ever because they hold a lot of nostalgia for me.

Alien and Predator are where it's at. Sadly, there's just a wider variety of high-end figures for Predator that actually look good. With Alien, we only really have HT and only one out of --what, six or seven? -- attempts looks good.

...and did I mention how good the textured dreads look on Borg? Unbelievable.

Alien and Predator are where it's at. Sadly, there's just a wider variety of high-end figures for Predator that actually look good. With Alien, we only really have HT and only one out of --what, six or seven? -- attempts looks good.

...and did I mention how good the textured dreads look on Borg? Unbelievable.
Agreed on all accounts, especially about Borg's dreads.

As a side note that has nothing to do with Blade's comments:

I know many believe NECA will not make 1/6th figures because that is Hot Toys' arena, but just imagine if they did.
I mean, we are talking about going head-to-head with a company that is slowly raising their prices, has serious quality control issues (missing/broken pieces), and basically has a monopoly on the 1/6th figures.

Other than Enterbay, I think NECA joining the mix can only help to keep things more competitive. Increased quality and more fair pricing.

All of us wins if NECA joins the 1/6 foray.

I think there's something about each of the films/ franchises mentioned that just clicks with different people. All great films.

Just look at the description of this section of the boards, the first 4 names. I think those 4 film series, even though only 2 of them have been combined on film, have always been thought of by people as being almost hand-in-hand, you mention one and you're almost bound to mention the other. The 2 greatest Alien creations in film and the 2 greatest cyborgs in film. Robocop is probably the odd one out, having the fewer or at least less commonly known links to the others but its still often mentioned alongside Terminator because its a cool cyborg and the old Robocop VS Terminator comics and games. The others have common factors like Stan Winston, James Cameron and Arnie.

Other than Enterbay, I think NECA joining the mix can only help to keep things more competitive. Increased quality and more fair pricing.

All of us wins if NECA joins the 1/6 foray.

It would be great if they did but I still think it's a no go at the moment. The P1 would have been the perfect place to start, but they went with the big ass 1/4 P1.:D

:hi5:

Just look at the description of this section of the boards, the first 4 names. I think those 4 film series, even though only 2 of them have been combined on film, have always been thought of by people as being almost hand-in-hand, you mention one and you're almost bound to mention the other. The 2 greatest Alien creations in film and the 2 greatest cyborgs in film. Robocop is probably the odd one out, having the fewer or at least less commonly known links to the others but its still often mentioned alongside Terminator because its a cool cyborg and the old Robocop VS Terminator comics and games. The others have common factors like Stan Winston, James Cameron and Arnie.

Sadly I don't think I'll ever feel this sort of connection and passion for films and everything associated with them again. Films just aren't made the same anymore. The only film I can see having the same meaning to me way into the future is District 9.

Have these pics of the P2 prototype been posted yet?

necap2a.jpg

necap2b.jpg

necap2c.jpg

necap2f.jpg

necap2d.jpg

necap2e.jpg

necap2j.jpg

necap2g.jpg

necap2h.jpg

necap2i.jpg

Again I just seen this on facebook. I dont know if they have been shown here. sorry if they have. :)

Nine to be realesed before the end of the year haha

Back