NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tankman does, it's NECA's call.

My guess is, cost of producing it, the resulting retail price, and projecting too low of a demand so make it worth their investment.

I thought tankman wanted to do 18" pieces. Either way NECA should give it a shot don't they see how much $$$ is rolling into Hot Toys's pockets? I'd be happy to pay 50-60 dollars for some 1/6 Neca versions.

The other thing you have to think about is retail space as well. Retailers such as Toys R Us, only have so much room for certain products. If you have 18 inch figures sitting on a shelf...theres probably only going to be room for a few at a time not to mention its going to take up space for something else that might have fit there as well if the figure was per say smaller.

Dont get me wrong, Im just playing devils advocate, I would love an 18" figure of any of these guys, but cost and space are big deals when it comes to the retail world. Im sure there are plenty of people that would easily pick these guys up, but at the same time...does the average retailer know that and are they willing to take that chance on that type of figure or just go with whats safe and throw some small 7" figures and some star wars figures right next to it for good measure....im just saying :)

They could just make them like online exclusives or something. NECA seems to have plenty of products taht TRU and other major retailers would never consider carrying like their 1/1 replica of Jason's machete or Jigsaw's gauntlet.

Maybe we should convince tankman to set up a poll on their website to see how many people would actually buy 1/6 scale versions.

Cracked-Mask-Classics-Predator_1281351561.jpg

lol why? I dont remember the classic being this f'd up in the movie... I guess they will release the undamage mask version later... and probably a close mandiable version too just like all those variations of wolfy.

lol why? I dont remember the classic being this f'd up in the movie... I guess they will release the undamage mask version later... and probably a close mandiable version too just like all those variations of wolfy.
he got way more f'd up than that. and he never had an undamaged mask in the movie. the "undamaged mask" version will be in the Predator series next year and the closed mandible one is in the Big Chap/P1 two-pack coming out for xmas.

"Poll"?!?!

Did someone say "Poll"?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/umDr0mPuyQc?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/umDr0mPuyQc?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

At the very least the prop guys made an undamaged mask for Classic but I can't remember if it was in the actuall film or not.
3535399rt00874r131ef42c.jpg

But yes undamage P1 will be out next year and closed mandibles P1 will come in a 2-pack with Big Chap.

On the upcoming DVD there's a few "prequel vignettes" listed and there's one called "crucified". Maybe that might be a small glimpse of the Predators capturing classic pred, showing the non damaged mask :dunno

I think these vignettes are animated.

They're not actually filmed.

I am not really into the damaged classic, but will probably go ahead and be a completist with this line.
that's my plan. they're cheap enough that they don't all have to be my favorite and they'd look cool all together. i did the same thing with the Kenner and McFarlane preds too.

that said, i still don't give a ____ about the stupid "cloaked" figures.

that's my plan. they're cheap enough that they don't all have to be my favorite and they'd look cool all together. i did the same thing with the Kenner and McFarlane preds too.

that said, i still don't give a ____ about the stupid "cloaked" figures.
The cloaked figs are my least favorite, i only like them when they're partially visible. The Camo Cloak Mr. Black looks amazing though, imo.

Only thing about the camo cloaked Berserker is he needs that base that was shown with him otherwise an brown and clear figure would look kinda silly next to a single colored object behind it.

Back