NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This sucks.

After waiting MONTHS for the Lawgiver to ship, my order gets cancelled by Entertainment Earth, who I will NEVER order from again.

I then scramble to find a decent price for the piece and score one, thanks to Sticks, for $73 shipped.

This week a stumble into a local Suncoast store (I didn't even know it was still open) and they have TWO Lawgivers on the shelf. $59.99 each.

Hastings.com has the Lawgiver for $69.99 they have a coupon code for 30% off and it is one of the items you can use the code on. I paid $49.00 for mine just today.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Great score!

I guess I should have waited but I was in panic mode... which is not a good place to be.

Hastings.com has the Lawgiver for $69.99 they have a coupon code for 30% off and it is one of the items you can use the code on. I paid $49.00 for mine just today.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Wow, Huge Score. I think I will need another. I want to have this one for filming and displaying. Phoenixram, mind sharing that code?

Sorry PZ to cause you to hit the panic button so hastily but my gorilla garrison sensed movement West of the Forbidden Zone and sounded the Alarm per Entertainment Earth's last transmission.

Oxnard, I was not able to make it to the Post Office today, i will try again tomorrow.

In the future, I'm not sure where to post pictures? Here or in our old reliable SAVE THE PLANET OF THE APES ?

IMG_6415_Adam_Odell_Stickman_Neca_ClassicPOTA.jpg

I say, Post your pics in both threads. By the way, that is one fantastic shot! Too bad Taylor was never made.

Hey guys, need your help... I want to swap Ursus head and put it on the Aldo body so I can make an Urko figure. I am all set on removing the heads, but as you can see in my picture below I have painted the face in an oil(dry brushed) and painted the helmet embossed symbols in an enamel. My question is, what can I use after I let this dry a couple days to seal it so it won't rub off from handling? The plastic is very soft and if it is anything like the old 1/72 HO scale Airfix figures the paint will not stay on long if you handle it. I was thinking maybe future floor wax , but I am not sure, any experienced modelers recommendations would be appreciated . Thanks in advance.

Thanks Jom!

Looking Good Crue Leader, maybe a little more brown?

Here is a group shot I took last night.

IMG_6626_Adam%20Odell_Stickman_Neca_Classic_POTA.jpg

Wow, the Conquest Gorilla is now selling for $35.00 at Hastings! He must be selling fast. I wish I bought a few more of these when I had the chance.

Last edited:
Well, this really sucks! I ordered two Conquest Gorilla's from Hastings (also got a set from the Neca flash sale). Even though the invoice said 2 they only shipped one. I had to call CS. To make matters worse the one I received had a broken foot :gah:

Anyone who ordered from them have any problems?

Well, this really sucks! I ordered two Conquest Gorilla's from Hastings (also got a set from the Neca flash sale). Even though the invoice said 2 they only shipped one. I had to call CS. To make matters worse the one I received had a broken foot :gah:

Anyone who ordered from them have any problems?

I bought a set in TRU and my Conquest Gorilla's left leg broke off at the hip.
Luckily they had more sets and I was able to exchange it.

Sorry PZ to cause you to hit the panic button so hastily but my gorilla garrison sensed movement West of the Forbidden Zone and sounded the Alarm per Entertainment Earth's last transmission.

IMG_6415_Adam_Odell_Stickman_Neca_ClassicPOTA.jpg

I'm in no way blaming you for my impulsiveness. I was tracking sales of the Lawgiver before I purchase it from Toy Wiz and it was at the time the best price.

I had no idea I would EVER see the Lawgiver statue in stick at ANY store.

I love Neca's customer service :clap. All Hastings can do is send me a return postage label and issue a refund upon receipt. They can't send a replacement nor would they price match a re-order. I tweeted Neca customer service and they will send me a replacement Conquest Gorilla body. They have great presence, and interact with their fans. Really impressed.

Here is my customized General Urko figure, using the Ursus head and popped on to the Aldo body. The heads come off easily in boiled water. You have to use acrylic paint to paint the Urko head, enamel will never dry and just rub off. I found a company that makes WW2 6" figures and one of there german figures comes with a P-38 Walther pistol and holster. (pretty sure that is what Urko used?) I have my fingers crossed it will be to scale or close enough.

I must do this as well.

Though I'm not sure if it will look half as good as yours.

Great looking Urko, Crue-Leader. Do you remember the company of the figure you bought, 21st Century Toys, Bbi? I will have to try the same.

Blue Devil, what do you have, how many, and how much are you seeking?

I am also interested in any Medicom or Kubrick POTA items.

Back