NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello friends
I have read this thread since day 1 just never posted. I would love to help keep this line alive. Bought 4 more apes yesterday! I think my total is 20 something now. That's just gorilla soldiers. I have a few each of the others too. I think it'd be great to post our collections to see some cool displays. I'm gonna post mine later once I take good pictures.

I've also ordered NECAs David figure. Gonna repaint his suit white. I know it's not accurate but I think his head has a retro look and it will make a good fit for an astronaut who's being captured!

neca-prometheus-series-2-david-8-figure-03.jpg

Hey fuzzyrobot, cant wait to see your collection! Also what is that david fig you bought? The head looks perfect for doing a taylor kitbash!

That's David from Prometheus. And it's made by NECA! So it will be perfectly scaled! I can't wait to get it in. Gonna post my new display once he's arrived in a few days.

Hey Matt,

Any chance of seeing some updated photos of your Beneath Diorama? You may want to check out the 7 or 8" Universal Monsters Phantom of the Opera figure that comes with an Organ. I think it would go great with your set up, just need some mutants.

Hey Matt,

Any chance of seeing some updated photos of your Beneath Diorama? You may want to check out the 7 or 8" Universal Monsters Phantom of the Opera figure that comes with an Organ. I think it would go great with your set up, just need some mutants.

Hey whats up stickman good to hear from you! Havent seen you on the fourm for awhile! Thanks for the tip on the phatom of opera figure, i just ordered one! That organ is perfect!!!! Beats that dollhouse piano I bought. I will take some pics soon. Im still putting coats of paint on the diorama and mixing colors. Some details im working on are the organ pipes behind the bomb which im painting straws. Alot of other details ill be adding to this dio! Ill try to get some pics up this week for ya!

Awesome job on your david figure fuzzyrobot! I like your display as well great job! Can you take some more close up pics of your david figure he looks awesome.

Matt, I'm glad that organ is going to work out, the moment i saw it I knew it would go with your theme.

Fuzzy Robot, Nice astronaut stand in, but remember, the gorillas never see an astronaut, just humans in rags. We need to find some wild humans.

Am I the only one who hasn't received his NECA Lawgiver statue?

It's the absolute LAST TIME I'm offering ANYTHING from Entertainment Earth!

They SUCK!

Love mine too. Especially my all resin prototype version!

However, the NECA Lawgiver statue is FAR more accurate than the Sideshow piece. It's sad but true. And Sideshow didn't bother with sculpting the statue themselves... they jobbed it out to another company!

Wow the 3 pack is going to be 74.99!!! That breaks down the figures to 25 bucks each. I wanted to buy multiples of these, but now not sure with that cost. If the line is in trouble you shouldnt raise the price higher?

Man, I was planning to buy about 15 gorillas and 15 Caesars, 1 Aldo. But with them only being in an overpriced 3 pack I just can't do that. Bummer. I'll probably only buy 2 boxes. Maybe another if they go on sale.
Really sad. I have 20 of the previous gorilla soldier. This will really be the death of the POTA line. And with refusing to release Taylor, and with only releasing the 3 pack, I think Neca had a hand in the lines murder.

I mean, they packaged the figures individually. All that work, then put me in one big box! Just doesn't make sense to me.

I'm sure the higher price is due to a lower production run. They'll only be at TRU and SDCC. I don't see any figures beyond this which is unfortunate, but I didn't expect the series to last very long.

Wow, these figures look great, and they are loaded with great accessories for army building. Between the two versions which do you collectors enjoy? I like the ToysRUs Version with the display window. I would much rather be able to at least see the figures if I don't get to open them. I will have to try and get at least 2 sets of these. One to open and one to store away with my other non opened apes. I have a small numbered opened and displayed on a shelf, every time I see them, I appreciate how good they look. I am very happy to have these figures by Neca and would love for this line to continue. I really want their Urko with painted helmet and belt bandolier, and Conquest orangutan.

My calendar is marked for the set! Ready to buy it. The higher price means I'll just buy one sadly.

Wow! How did you score the prototype?
And yes, NECA does nice stuff, just too bad its not in a better scale. They could have ruled the 1:6 world with great sculpts and better prices.
Too bad. And when I asked them about doing 1:6 they blocked me from their group.

Back