NECA Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 heads, multiple hands, multiple accessories, double jointed elbows and knees,

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If H78 proves impossible to negotiate, I would settle for an Ultimate Halloween 2. Universal has the rights to that one I believe. Obviously one of the alternate heads could be the blood tears head. People would go ape crap for it. So maybe that one will get this treatment? We can dream,lol.

NECA’s noted, and you can see, there are small differences in the hair, and also, one has the insides of the eye sockets painted darker to give off the shape of the mask eyes more, where the other is painted more clear to see details like his scarred eye.

606871.jpg

Oh...good pick up on the different head sculpts. I was one of the ones who thought it was going to be a totally different head sculpt, and they just used the same head photo as a place holder. After seeing the film (SLIGHT SPOIL ALERT BUT NOT REALLY):

I would have been baffled at any other head they could have added for Michael Myers. He is pretty much... yup, the same Michael Myers.

I'm surprised Neca never considered making an 18 inch version of this Myers. If they ever did they need to bring back motion activated sound features in their figure. That would definitely justify their $120 prices on 1/4 scale figures. I remember back during the line of cult classics figure their 18 inch figures not only use to have sound, but the had a $40 standard price tag.

I'm surprised Neca never considered making an 18 inch version of this Myers. If they ever did they need to bring back motion activated sound features in their figure. That would definitely justify their $120 prices on 1/4 scale figures. I remember back during the line of cult classics figure their 18 inch figures not only use to have sound, but the had a $40 standard price tag.

Could be in the works. Don’t think they have to be released at the same time.
The quality and articulation of these figures have gotten way better, and that cost more to produce. Not to mention costs rise over years.

Randy said possibly next year for 1/4.

Could be in the works. Don’t think they have to be released at the same time.
The quality and articulation of these figures have gotten way better, and that cost more to produce. Not to mention costs rise over years.

agreed, would have been a cool addition.

After seeing the movie, I don't recall at any point in the movie ever being able to see anything except the back of his head unmasked. That would make it rather difficult to include that sculpt, no? For something that was either not shown or got maybe a one second flash on the screen in a pitch black setting?

After seeing the movie, I don't recall at any point in the movie ever being able to see anything except the back of his head unmasked. That would make it rather difficult to include that sculpt, no? For something that was either not shown or got maybe a one second flash on the screen in a pitch black setting?
You briefly saw him in the bathroom scene unmasked but not an very good look.

I don’t quite understand the need for two sculpts with this figure. I realize the hair is different but overall it’s a pretty minor difference. Normally I wouldn’t complain about an additional sculpt but just not quite sure it’s needed.

I don’t quite understand the need for two sculpts with this figure. I realize the hair is different but overall it’s a pretty minor difference. Normally I wouldn’t complain about an additional sculpt but just not quite sure it’s needed.

Maybe they included an extra head suspecting a lot of people will fill in the stress marks and re-paint it, and try to make it look as close to a 1978 as they can. Or they could've just threw an extra head in there because its supposed to be an Ultimate version. Nobody knows but The Shadow.....and he ain't talking.:monkey3

I think the main thing is they’re in tune with collectors and in the past the NECA Myers have had very visible human eyes showing through the masks and some people like that because it’s accurate, and some like them painted dark to obscure the human eyes more like the dramatic film lighting achieved. Having two heads to give either option for buyers, I appreciate that. I did a repaint of my RZ NECA Myers and when I did that, I also painted the eyes black and luckily I had bought two so I have a spare of the original head but if I hadn’t I’d be stuck with my choice. NECA has now gone and given me those options for the price of one figure.

Just got back from the movie a few hours ago... other than some weak comedic bits I really dug it! Myers was a beast in this.

This guy is definitely getting bought.

You briefly saw him in the bathroom scene unmasked but not an very good look.

Ok, yeah, that makes sense. I was trying to remember any point where we got a good look at a maskless face, at least to see if there was enough of a view to add a headsculpt for it, but based on that being the only view, it completely makes sense not doing that sculpt.

Ok, yeah, that makes sense. I was trying to remember any point where we got a good look at a maskless face, at least to see if there was enough of a view to add a headsculpt for it, but based on that being the only view, it completely makes sense not doing that sculpt.

If it's in the movie, they should've done it. They did Ancient Warrior and Temple Guard based on 3 seconds exposure in the film. Making two almost identical heads just to justify an utimate box... I don't know. Probably they recover some of the losses with Tim Curry release, which is fine by me.

Well according to tweets from Randy, they hope Michael will be out this year, so don’t hold out hope to get him any time soon.

Back