NECA Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I think the light is fine on NECA, I think where Mezco did better is they filled in the cut outs of the pumpkin with painted, translucent material to better capture the lit pumpkin look. I don't think it was expense, I think NECA just likes making theirs more like a real one with holes in the pumpkin and a flickering "candle" at the center.

At least it stays on, the '78 pumpkin only lights when you hold the button.

So who's gonna buy an extra Michael and smooth out all the cracks and details of the mask into the H1? I'm gonna have an guy I know do that as well as convert the 2018 coveralls to 78.

I’m tempted to get a second for that purpose and rather than smooth out the head, just transplant one off the old ‘78 Myers, but at $25 each and money tight, for now I’m sticking with one to be the 2018.

I’m tempted to get a second for that purpose and rather than smooth out the head, just transplant one off the old ‘78 Myers, but at $25 each and money tight, for now I’m sticking with one to be the 2018.
Not sure how that work as the old head has a different joint compared to necas new joints

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Well I been talking to Legio 7 and he said he's up to doing an 1978 head for the 7 inch Myers once released

Last edited:
Didn’t see this coming, but very well done.

Dqzuj-6WsAE9imO

Why? Rights issue?

Randy keeps saying they can’t come to an agreement with the license holders. While Halloween is a franchise, rights to the film are held by a variety of groups and not the same for every movie, which is how NECA was able to work something out for 2018.

Randy keeps saying they can’t come to an agreement with the license holders. While Halloween is a franchise, rights to the film are held by a variety of groups and not the same for every movie, which is how NECA was able to work something out for 2018.
Does make sense then again it doesn't. As hes said he can't make an Myers figure from Halloween II 1981 even though that film is under the same studio as H18.

I still think it’s weird that Mezco was able to make a deal to make figures from the original film but NECA can’t.

I still think it’s weird that Mezco was able to make a deal to make figures from the original film but NECA can’t.
Mezcos figures are 80 a pop. Necas wre 25. Big difference

NECA did it at one point, so if they were motivated enough I’m sure they could make it happen again. It’s probably already in the works but they want to push the new film figures first.

Mezcos figures are 80 a pop. Necas wre 25. Big difference

And? If anything the Mezco figures probably will sell less quantity being more expensive. NECA being lower priced makes them easier impulse purchases for casual fans and collectors may buy multiples. So NECA should theoretically make up the difference in volume sold if you’re trying to say that Mezco is able to pay more for the license because they’re selling for higher prices.

NECA did it at one point, so if they were motivated enough I’m sure they could make it happen again. It’s probably already in the works but they want to push the new film figures first.
Yeah I knew they made figures at one time. It just seems weird that it’s the one big horror license they don’t have.

Back