NECA Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't been the greatest fan of the original movie so in a way I'm happy they will release this version first. Personally I think it looks better.

I’ll probably get this so I have a Michael to go along with my NECA Freddy, Chucky, and Jason figures but I do wish it was from the original film. Better than nothing I guess.

I haven't been the greatest fan of the original movie so in a way I'm happy they will release this version first. Personally I think it looks better.

Yeah it does look good. We prob won't see all of his accessories til after the movie comes out so Prob October 20 or 21st.

Maybe a bit, but better than the '78, though I still give best overall Myers figure to NECA RZ1, they did such a good job with the body on that figure, headsculpt isn't spot on, it's a bit of a Shatner/RZ hybrid, but overall a great looking figure, I've been wanting a new '78 to that level, this comes pretty close I think.

Not likely, but imagine if there was like a flashback scene and they could include a '78 head as an accessory while it's marketed as a 2018, that'd be cool, and I could see that as spoilery.

Yes to everything you said much easier that way lol

Well, I’ll stick with the Mezco, and if I like the new movie, I’ll get this too.

I wonder if they have rights to any of the Halloween sequels? I need a Warlock Myers!

Hell, I'd even buy a Pt 4 Myers, hideous mask and all!

michael-myers-20090828033726786.jpg

I wonder if they have rights to any of the Halloween sequels? I need a Warlock Myers!

Hell, I'd even buy a Pt 4 Myers, hideous mask and all!

View attachment 418672

Randy said no to 1978 but who really knows. Maybe they're wait for Mezco's to release cuz we all know If they said they have the rights to the 1978 film, ALOT of people would cancel their mezco for the NECA 1978 version.

Randy said no to 1978 but who really knows. Maybe they're wait for Mezco's to release cuz we all know If they said they have the rights to the 1978 film, ALOT of people would cancel their mezco for the NECA 1978 version.

I had to cancel MEZCO awhile ago, but I'd be one of these people, 1/3 the cost for a bigger figure and the sculpted jumpsuit looks better than MEZCO's doll outfits.

I had to cancel MEZCO awhile ago, but I'd be one of these people, 1/3 the cost for a bigger figure and the sculpted jumpsuit looks better than MEZCO's doll outfits.
Only reason I'm keeping my order is cuz I got it for 40 thanks to an EE coupon

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It’s weird to me that Mezco could secure the rights to do a figure from the original film but NECA can’t. I can’t imagine the licensing costs that much more than Friday the 13th or A Nightmare on Elm Street. I know Akkad is protective of the brand but it’s not like NECA is some small start up who’s never made figures. Horror is largely what they do.

It’s weird to me that Mezco could secure the rights to do a figure from the original film but NECA can’t. I can’t imagine the licensing costs that much more than Friday the 13th or A Nightmare on Elm Street. I know Akkad is protective of the brand but it’s not like NECA is some small start up who’s never made figures. Horror is largely what they do.
Well you gotta take in consideration that the average price for an NECA is $25. Where Mezco is $80. So if the asking price from AKKAD is too high NECA would be loosing money.

Well you gotta take in consideration that the average price for an NECA is $25. Where Mezco is $80. So if the asking price from AKKAD is too high NECA would be loosing money.

Eh but still. NECA probably sells more of their figures at the lower price point than Mezco does at the higher price. Plus they could probably do a quarter scale release or something too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eh but still. NECA probably sells more of their figures at the lower price point than Mezco does at the higher price. Plus they could probably do a quarter scale release or something too.

I'm 90% confident that we'll see an 2018 quarter scale Myers next year. Or an preview of it on Halloween or on December 24.

I'm 90% confident that we'll see an 2018 quarter scale Myers next year. Or an preview of it on Halloween or on December 24.

That’s what I mean though. Since that’s the typical NECA gameplan even if they had to pony up more for the license to the original they could do the normal 7” release (and I’m sure they’d find a way to make a variant) as well as a quarter scale release. They’re smart that way in that they seem to take full advantage of a license once they have it.

That’s what I mean though. Since that’s the typical NECA gameplan even if they had to pony up more for the license to the original they could do the normal 7” release (and I’m sure they’d find a way to make a variant) as well as a quarter scale release. They’re smart that way in that they seem to take full advantage of a license once they have it.
Yeah I'm sure if they can get there hands on the 78 license they will. Just gotta be paintent.

NECA had the license at one time and something happened where they didn't retain it, either bad blood between them or price hike that NECA couldn't justify. Universal is behind this latest film, so it's possible the rights to this movie are handled somewhat different, making it easier on NECA.

While NECA historically uses variants and such to get more for their $, it's possible that they might have to pay a fee for each scale or figure where they can't do that. They did in the past with Myers, the same sculpt was in the Loomis 2-pack, the young Michael 2-pack and the bed sheet single release.

NECA has seemed to reduce their 1/4 offerings to licenses they can't mass release in other scales (DC, Turtles, Marvel) or their top favorite lines, (Terminator, Predator, Aliens) where it once seemed like every license had an 18" offering. A lot of the 18" figures also warm shelves so not sure how overall successful they are.

If Universal is easier to work with it begs the question, why not do Halloween II instead? Universal also owns the rights to that film and while there are differences Michael looks fairly close to how he does in the original.

NECA had the license at one time and something happened where they didn't retain it, either bad blood between them or price hike that NECA couldn't justify. Universal is behind this latest film, so it's possible the rights to this movie are handled somewhat different, making it easier on NECA.

While NECA historically uses variants and such to get more for their $, it's possible that they might have to pay a fee for each scale or figure where they can't do that. They did in the past with Myers, the same sculpt was in the Loomis 2-pack, the young Michael 2-pack and the bed sheet single release.

NECA has seemed to reduce their 1/4 offerings to licenses they can't mass release in other scales (DC, Turtles, Marvel) or their top favorite lines, (Terminator, Predator, Aliens) where it once seemed like every license had an 18" offering. A lot of the 18" figures also warm shelves so not sure how overall successful they are.
It doesn't matter who makes the movie. The licence holder is still Akkad. So Neca still has to go through Akkad to get the rights. Only time will tell if they are able to get the rights to the other films. Would love me an hole line up of Myers figures.

If Universal is easier to work with it begs the question, why not do Halloween II instead? Universal also owns the rights to that film and while there are differences Michael looks fairly close to how he does in the original.

It'd be an option, maybe one that'll play out in the future, maybe NECA wasn't aware and now working this, Universal may let them in on options, time will tell, any new Myers from NECA is a good thing.

It doesn't matter who makes the movie. The licence holder is still Akkad. So Neca still has to go through Akkad to get the rights. Only time will tell if they are able to get the rights to the other films. Would love me an hole line up of Myers figures.

Doesn't necessarily mean anything, Toho is the master rights to Godzilla, but NECA had more options to work with for the 2014 film by WB than they have shown with the Toho films.

Back