Action Figure NECA Master Chief

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, after the 3A release and the feedback of that figure... I canceled my order and picked up one of these figures. This was my first Neca figure, and overall I'm very impressed. They paint job was a little sloppy (but for the price, that is to be expected). I went ahead and repainted some of the figure, and took apart the weapons to clean the lines that were running down the middle. Overall, this is a great figure!

Wow amazing work!
What parts did you repaint?
Ive contemplated doing the same to mine, especially the AR.

Wow amazing work!
What parts did you repaint?
Ive contemplated doing the same to mine, especially the AR.

Thanks! yeah, the seams on the AR really bothered me so I took it apart, filled in the seams, and repainted both the AR and pistol. Pretty much all of the green armor areas were also worked on... some I just added a bit more shading/depth to, some I just added more of the scratched look, and some were complete repaints. The factory paint job was a great start, but some areas were just a bit too heavy with the brush marks from the dry brushing for my liking.

I really wanted to completely take everything apart and airbursh it, but it was a pain to break the glue they were using. I tried the heat to freezer trick, and just couldn't get some of the pieces to budge. I almost had the helmet apart (I wanted to repaint/replace the metallic visor) but it got to the point that I felt like I was going to snap it, so I didn't.

I am currently working on building a sniper rifle and grenade for him. I also have another MC figure on the way, so my plan is to pick the one that needs the most work, and really try to force taking it completely apart, and try to do a fresh paint job from scratch. We'll see!

Here's a stand I made for him :)
20150718_2228572_zpspd8htblp.jpg

Thanks skyray24.. I appreciate the kind words and I'm glad that my contributions helped someone. I was on my way to trying to collect every Marvel figure that Hot Toys put out and with the prices going up and up I finally snapped out of it. Lol.. I will still have some Hot Toys stuff (definitely getting the HT 1/4 Mark 43) but I stopped turning my nose at NECA as a company and discovered that they have been putting out some good quality stuff at prices I don't have to feel ashamed of. Plus the selection of 1/4 stuff is smaller so less temptation. I've found a healthy balance.

I look forward to watching your new collection blossom. That new Penguin figure from NECA looks great. I hear that they might be releasing a new 1/4 T-800 Endo too as well as the AVP Predators. Good stuff to look forward to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVP predators in 1/4?

Got mine today, and you aint kidding. He's a little top heavy, even with the super lightweight weapons, but my lord!!! Pics do not do this figure justice....just BADASS! Way to go, NECA!!!
Told you [emoji4] ...making another stand see how it turns out ...I just moved him next to Arnie.
df788cd9da69eb2d03726e26efc27f24.jpg

I have him leaning against the wall - and nice pic - he holds up well with a very expensive figure like that one
Get a doll stand they're like $15....I might put the other stand for sale.....idk if Arnie is too big as far as scale or if Chief is too small.

Get a doll stand they're like $15....I might put the other stand for sale.....idk if Arnie is too big as far as scale or if Chief is too small.

Arnie's scale is fine. The master chief is wayyy small though. Compare how big he's looked in the games (especially Halo 4) to how tall he is next to Arnie, who is not much more than 6'. The master chief is 7'2" in his armor, which equates to 21.5 inches in 1/4 scale. That's the only reason I've passed on NECA's predators and master chief.

Arnie's scale is fine. The master chief is wayyy small though. Compare how big he's looked in the games (especially Halo 4) to how tall he is next to Arnie, who is not much more than 6'. The master chief is 7'2" in his armor, which equates to 21.5 inches in 1/4 scale. That's the only reason I've passed on NECA's predators and master chief.
Yeah I thought so ...Still a good figure, but do wish it was taller.

4fbce4ee04f2d81427e2cbf3a467a5f6.jpg

cd3bcb47d44d8a010904f1ee5aac507f.jpg

Nothing special. Just added a little artwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back