Action Figure NECA Master Chief

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should get it anyways.. It's only $100. Then when the 3A version arrives you can sell it.. Probably for profit! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So last night my wife hears a crash in the middle of the night and runs down the hall thinking that the baby tried to climb out of the crib and fell. Luckily this was not case. The culprit was good ole Master Chief taking yet another tumble in the detolf. Because his instability is now affecting our personal life.. It was time to make a stand for this dude. He has peg holes in his feet. So I made a basic wooden (painted) base with pegs to hold him upright. Happily.. He has been vertical all day and seems to be very sturdy.

Excuse the wires.. Making adjustment to my lighting.

2f8b43043251567344e13eb11b695d9b.jpg

That looks great Royce. Mine has started to take tumbles too. I need to find a stand also.

My stand was easy enough to make.. A little trial and error but I had my figure standing on it within 1 hour. Then I painted it and let it sit for most of the day. You can find stands on EBay that would hold it by the waist but I thought it would be less intrusive to take advantage of the pegs. I am very surprised that Neca does not offer stands. Chief is rugged enough to survive a few falls but something like their Iron Man figure will suffer scratches and damaged paint.

My stand was easy enough to make.. A little trial and error but I had my figure standing on it within 1 hour. Then I painted it and let it sit for most of the day. You can find stands on EBay that would hold it by the waist but I thought it would be less intrusive to take advantage of the pegs. I am very surprised that Neca does not offer stands. Chief is rugged enough to survive a few falls but something like their Iron Man figure will suffer scratches and damaged paint.

I went ahead and went the eBay route. I got the waist grabber and it works great, no fear of falls again. The unit is all metal and painted black. Pretty pricey at $17, but not terrible. This is the one I went with.

Display Stand 1 4 Scale 18 in Action Figure NECA Sideshow Collectibles Hot Toys | eBay

I saw that one and considered it but the shipping was a bit steep. Glad it worked out for you. Neca needs to start providing stands. It doesn't have to be anything fancy.

Very nice figure with well hidden joints/articulation. Neca should do more of these armored figures.
Scale comparison..

Leok7CZ.jpg

NECA is on a roll there days. Master Chief was my first NECA quarter scale figure and it is very impressive. What a way to make a first impression. Since then I have purchased their Mark 7 Iron Man which is actually very good as long as you find or make a stand for him. I just recently bought their Arkham Batman.. Again.. Love it. Reaching further back into their catalog I should receive their 1/4 Jungle Predator today. From everything I have read I should be impressed with that as well. Even their Battle Damaged Gipsy Danger looks good. They are my new best friend since switching to quarter scale. Of all of them though.. Master Chief might be the best. He is very well done.

NECA is on a roll there days. Master Chief was my first NECA quarter scale figure and it is very impressive. What a way to make a first impression. Since then I have purchased their Mark 7 Iron Man which is actually very good as long as you find or make a stand for him. I just recently bought their Arkham Batman.. Again.. Love it. Reaching further back into their catalog I should receive their 1/4 Jungle Predator today. From everything I have read I should be impressed with that as well. Even their Battle Damaged Gipsy Danger looks good. They are my new best friend since switching to quarter scale. Of all of them though.. Master Chief might be the best. He is very well done.

I would just like to say, your comments and pics ive seen on the Pred thread has convinced me to sell up my small 5 HT figure collection in favor of moving over to these NECA 1/4's. You sir have a wicked setup!

I just love how NECA are on a roll these days, and yet you can get a badass looking 18" figure for £80, when HT's prices are on the rise, and for me, I just hate having so much money tied up in them. So will grab a few NECA's over the coming weeks!

I would just like to say, your comments and pics ive seen on the Pred thread has convinced me to sell up my small 5 HT figure collection in favor of moving over to these NECA 1/4's. You sir have a wicked setup!

I just love how NECA are on a roll these days, and yet you can get a badass looking 18" figure for £80, when HT's prices are on the rise, and for me, I just hate having so much money tied up in them. So will grab a few NECA's over the coming weeks!

Thanks skyray24.. I appreciate the kind words and I'm glad that my contributions helped someone. I was on my way to trying to collect every Marvel figure that Hot Toys put out and with the prices going up and up I finally snapped out of it. Lol.. I will still have some Hot Toys stuff (definitely getting the HT 1/4 Mark 43) but I stopped turning my nose at NECA as a company and discovered that they have been putting out some good quality stuff at prices I don't have to feel ashamed of. Plus the selection of 1/4 stuff is smaller so less temptation. I've found a healthy balance.

I look forward to watching your new collection blossom. That new Penguin figure from NECA looks great. I hear that they might be releasing a new 1/4 T-800 Endo too as well as the AVP Predators. Good stuff to look forward to!

Last edited:
Thanks skyray24.. I appreciate the kind words and I'm glad that my contributions helped someone. I was on my way to trying to collect every Marvel figure that Hot Toys put out and with the prices going up and up I finally snapped out of it. Lol.. I will still have some Hot Toys stuff (definitely getting the HT 1/4 Mark 43) but I stopped turning my nose at NECA as a company and discovered that they have been putting out some good quality stuff at prices I don't have to feel ashamed of. Plus the selection of 1/4 stuff is smaller so less temptation. I've found a healthy balance.

I look forward to watching your new collection blossom. That new Penguin figure from NECA looks great. I hear that they might be releasing a new 1/4 T-800 Endo too as well as the AVP Predators. Good stuff to look forward to!

Thanks Royce! Yes I was in a similar frame of mind, thinking of going all out on the AOU line... but also prefer the idea of having less choice and temptation.

Yes I have seen some snaps of the AVP Preds, and the new Arkham Knight Batman is looking good too!

Going to start with Chief and Arkham Origins Bats and possibly one more... I cant wait! :clap:lol

Dang 31 inches.. Interested in seeing it but not interested in buying it! Lol.. That's too much

Dropped my order for the threea as I don't feel it's worth that price. I'll pick up this dude next time TRU has a coupon unless any of you know where to grab it around $75 shipped like I did with the elder predator. [emoji14]

Well, after the 3A release and the feedback of that figure... I canceled my order and picked up one of these figures. This was my first Neca figure, and overall I'm very impressed. They paint job was a little sloppy (but for the price, that is to be expected). I went ahead and repainted some of the figure, and took apart the weapons to clean the lines that were running down the middle. Overall, this is a great figure!

Neca_MC.jpg
Neca_MC+C.jpg

Back