NECA Jungle Hunter 1/4 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, thank you for that, I'll have a look. The reason I said I may glue it into a fixed pose is that I thought I might have a go at covering the joints by sculpting them to blend in with the body and put it on a small base. And also because the arms are too wide for my liking, I like the relaxed look myself and mine has a stubbornly wide arm pose. I got it for just under £60 all in all so it's just for a play around really. They are okay for the money but clearly benefit from improved paint etc. Going to give it a good sanding down and a base coat first as it does look very plasticy. One for a rainy day.

There's actually a great rubber material u can sculpt with and it will be bendy, I've been thinking about covering mine as well, it will limit them a lil more, but, it will look so much better too, this product is called Sugru, not expensive either.. Think about it bro!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fully repainted, and customized, added LEDS on his mask, mesh and reflective lenses to it's visor, as well as real netting and accurate straps!! Then a friend of mine helped me out with a nice session in the jungle.. Hope u guys enjoy it

Wow, killer work. I love it.

There's actually a great rubber material u can sculpt with and it will be bendy, I've been thinking about covering mine as well, it will limit them a lil more, but, it will look so much better too, this product is called Sugru, not expensive either.. Think about it bro!!

I will, thank you. I look forward to you testing it out first ;)

I will, thank you. I look forward to you testing it out first ;)

Lol, try it too, cuz I might take a while to do it, got too many commissions in hand.. And lots of projects before I even start on this..

That looks so real!Very nice repaint and awesome pics.That shows,that a great repaint makes the different!:)

That looks so real!Very nice repaint and awesome pics.That shows,that a great repaint makes the different!:)

Thank u so much.. Yeah.. The sculpt is spot on!! Kyle Windrix did a fantastic job with it.. While painting it, and doing the measures of the patterns, every single wrinkle was in place!! Can't beat that sculpt imo!! Well, only Steve and Shannon could

This work is absolutely gorgeous!

A few questions regarding taking the piece apart to work on:
1. How do you remove the chest armor?
2. How do you separate the abdomen from the waist?
3. How do you remove the thighs?

I'm wanting to at the very least paint the armor and replace the netting, but am not sure how to replace the netting. On the pieces above. Any other tips would be much appreciated!

This work is absolutely gorgeous!

A few questions regarding taking the piece apart to work on:
1. How do you remove the chest armor?
2. How do you separate the abdomen from the waist?
3. How do you remove the thighs?

I'm wanting to at the very least paint the armor and replace the netting, but am not sure how to replace the netting. On the pieces above. Any other tips would be much appreciated!

Thank you very much!! To answer your questions:

1. The chest armor has pegs, gently pull it with a flat screw after heating it with a hair dryer, the problem is the back peg, they used a lot of glue, so you'll have to work it!!

2. On the back, it has on the buttflap, if u pull it, it's removed, and it has 3 screws, well, unscrew it.. That leaves u with torso, waist and legs separated.. Then use again the flat screw to take the bottom piece of the abdomen or torso

3. Thighs are the same!! You'll see it.. It's like a map..

The other choice is you can wait like 3 months and I'll be taking commissions on this piece again

Back