NECA Jaws

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn’t jaws supposed to be coming. That’s the only thing I’m waiting for

I was under that impression as well. Maybe they realize its pointless to offer a full shark without the key crew to go with it.

I bet their Quint sales nearly doubled in the last couple days since the Hooper tease.

I hope we get the shark cause that tease looks great. We’ll find out on Monday

Trev sometimes teases sculpts on his FB so I'll be keeping my eyes peeled. Quint is one of the few that does his work justice, so I hope Hooper follows suit.

This is the Hooper sculpt he did years ago for a commission.

d37q9cn-3d7a979d-08c7-4130-a6bd-4fca24231ce0.jpg

So are we now hoping Roy’s family is willing to play ball again? How ironic would it be if Hooper happens now but Brody doesn’t?

Hopefully getting Dreyfus on board will help sway whatever was holding the Scheider estate back, assuming they had concerns and it was just a matter of asking for money NECA couldn’t swing.

Isn’t jaws supposed to be coming. That’s the only thing I’m waiting for

They sculpted a scale shark to go with these guys. With Hooper coming now, my hope that the shark will see production has gone up. The shark can sell even without the humans so you have to imagine it’s coming. That’s the sort of thing that grabs attention during Con season, so maybe we’ll get a glimpse Monday during NECA’s con events.

Considering the needle there was between Dreyfuss and Shaw on set, it's likely that he saw the sales for Quint and decided to see if he could outdo him. I think the shark should be a bust, otherwise it's going to be prohibitively expensive. I could see them doing an accessory set which could include an air tank, chum bucket and some barrels. We'll just have to see.....

The shark can sell even without the humans so you have to imagine it’s coming.

I wonder about that. Seems they would have put this up for PO by now if that was true. I think their calculations are that "Bruce" will sell better with the iconic heroes along for the ride. Otherwise its just a big plastic shark that will be too expensive for the casual shark enthusiast and not complete for "Jaws" fans without the heroes.

Yeah, the other concern would be space. You'd have it for 3 figures, but for an in scale full shark!? A bust would be more practical, and cheaper. Just have to see what emerges.... I'm in for Hooper whatever.

Ohh I canceled my Quint after Brody was canned, now I need to find him again to pair with Hooper

Yeah, the other concern would be space. You'd have it for 3 figures, but for an in scale full shark!? A bust would be more practical, and cheaper. Just have to see what emerges.... I'm in for Hooper whatever.

Yep, 30 inches of space is huge.

And I fear that NECA's lead-heavy paint will hide any distinctive details that might make The Shark look like Bruce.

I wonder about that. Seems they would have put this up for PO by now if that was true. I think their calculations are that "Bruce" will sell better with the iconic heroes along for the ride. Otherwise its just a big plastic shark that will be too expensive for the casual shark enthusiast and not complete for "Jaws" fans without the heroes.
I base it on Shark City Ozark and Bruce UK, they continue to sell shark only products year after year.

So beautiful... going to span over two detolfs...

I'm nervous about an articulated jaw looking like a cut joint, but maybe it will be swappable pieces.

I hope they include a couple barrels (yes with three he can) maybe supported with wired "lines" trailing behind him.

Back