NECA - Halloween III: Season of the Witch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine last week as well and I think they're great! The packaging is fantastic and is reminiscent of old school halloween costume packaging with cut out mail in bits. The figures are fantastic with great accessories and I'll be making a dio for them. As I said before we live in a pretty cool time to get figures and media from franchises and movies that we never had before. I could not have believed I'd get quality figures of this movie 20 years ago. I seems this movie is more appreciated now than ever before from what I can tell. It's the only other Halloween movie besides the original that I watch yearly.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

H3
0a089d08a3a9dbbfe471ee44aea5810a.jpg
4cf4e9ceacd4018f5e4aeba2741ecdd9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I finally got my set from BBTS, I love these things! I really wish Neca would've gone with fully articulated bodies under the cloth suits though. The missing torso joint & single knee joints really limit what they can do. Ankle pivots would've been a big help as well.

One weird thing in my set, but the rotting pumpkin head sculpt is tacky to the touch, like the paint didn't set right. It's the only one of the 6 heads that feels that way. Anybody else have the same issue with your set?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

One weird thing in my set, but the rotting pumpkin head sculpt is tacky to the touch, like the paint didn't set right. It's the only one of the 6 heads that feels that way. Anybody else have the same issue with your set?
I think they put a clear gloss on the rotting pumpkin, which is odd because they didn't do it on any of the other heads. I got my set earlier this week and I think it's from the second production run, because the rotting pumpkin is missing the clear coat and is not sticky at all. It appears to be missing the pink paint in the cracks, though the pink is there on the other two rotting heads. I also noticed the rotting witch head now has grey/brown paint on the highlights instead of the lighter pea green color used in the original batch. It doesn't look any better or worse, just a bit different

I saw at least one review when the set was released that mentioned the plastic ties around the legs had poked through the cloth outfits and left holes in the fabric. NECA must have noticed this too, because my set only had a single tie around the waist of the skeleton and witch. There were no ties at all on the pumpkin figure. Much easier to remove them from the package. Despite a couple weak ankle joints, I'm pretty satisfied with the set

NECA announced a Retro Cloth figure of Dr. Challis. The cool thing is it also includes a Silver Shamrock coaster signed by Tom Atkins. Up on their website for $75.

IMG_2907.jpeg
IMG_2908.jpeg

Fun, but I don't collect autographs for the sake of having a signed thing. The few I do own were signed by the person in front of me -- and personalized. If they come out with a cheaper version down the road, I might get one to go with the kids.

Back