NECA - ED-209

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm modding mine, I repainted the front vents and misc parts, adding ankle joints makes a a huge difference IMO.

BTW, did you know there are huge chunks of metal in the feet? Neat stuff.

I'm following the same path.
I just received my ED-209. It is a very cool figure and my first Neca, must say I'm positively impress.
I know it's just a toy but with all the references you can easily find of the original movie prop, they could have avoid a couple of inaccuracies.
You can find some insanely cool pictures here: https://www.animachina.com/images/ED-209/
This guy is pretty beat-up from on-screen use and a couple of things were fixed the wrong way.
Anyway it's absolutly badass.
I have completly dismantle it to make it easy to repaint a couple of details.
Good job Neca ;)
I will post some photos tomorrow.
Any link where I can buy some decals to fit Neca's ED.

My retailer got the ED209 today and I'll hopefully get him tomorrow.

Perhaps I will not be as disappointed as with the NECA RoboCop last year or so...
If I will be, ED will go up at the bay ASAP. :S

I'm following the same path.
I just received my ED-209. It is a very cool figure and my first Neca, must say I'm positively impress.
I know it's just a toy but with all the references you can easily find of the original movie prop, they could have avoid a couple of inaccuracies.
You can find some insanely cool pictures here: https://www.animachina.com/images/ED-209/
This guy is pretty beat-up from on-screen use and a couple of things were fixed the wrong way.
Anyway it's absolutly badass.
I have completly dismantle it to make it easy to repaint a couple of details.
Good job Neca ;)
I will post some photos tomorrow.
Any link where I can buy some decals to fit Neca's ED.

Thanks for the link, now my friend will make me a more movie accurate paint job.

My usual retailer in Spain informs me he wont have it until end of the month, other retailers have it but I will wait him beacause of the price.

So nobody noticed the cobra assault cannon in NECA's twitter pic?

Seen it and if we are assuming it's going to be part of the deluxe set they are showing at toyfair it has to be battle damaged robo with Ed legs.

Will be massive fail if it's just a repack of the BD robo though, no way can they justify a deluxe price. Hoping the high price will be to offset the likeness rights for an unmasked weller sculpt (please please please)

I wonder what the chances are of Entertainment Earth doing a one day sale on this guy? I would love to get him at around $40-$50.

$70 is way too much for this.

I complained a lot about the "cheap" thin feel of the plastic and how brittle it was. I was very vocal about my disappointments....BUT!! The good far outweighs the bad. Bottom line is, it's a minor miracle from the toy gods that this thing even exists at this scale and LOOKS as amazing as it does. It's the perfect scale IMO. Just dominates the shelf the way ED dominated that board room when he blasted Kinney to pieces.

Is it perfect? Hell no. Is it awesome? Hell yes! Definitely worth the money.

Now....as for that supposed "Cobra Assault Cannon state-of-the-art Bang Bang" in the teaser pic from NECA..........dare we dream? I'm not so sure it IS the Cobra...maybe a weapon from Pred/Aliens? But could our wildest RoboCop toy fantasies be fulfilled with a Battle Damaged Murphy reveal figure??

I guess we'll know in a few days!!

29cwcyg.jpg

Wait isn't that jet pack from the 3rd movie? I thought he hated anything after robocop 1? Dammit I was really hoping that cobra assault rifle was a refernce to Clarence Boddicker!

Back