NECA - ED-209

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My ED has the arm cannons slightly bended outwards on both arms. Did this happened to you?

Otherwise is a fantastic toy for the money.

Gently blow hot air from a hair dryer for 30-60 seconds, the cannons should soften a bit and and you can straighten them that way.

BOBBY

The panel lines weathering really make it look cool.
Id like to try it.
Hope i dont **** it up im not that good at customizing with paint.

Wipe off any mistakes within the hour with a Q-tip and a little Windex to take it off.

BOBBY

I'd love to do my panel lines too, but I'm a total novice when it comes to paint and I'm afraid of ruining my toys. The NECA Robo definitely needs panel lines too....all the details of the sculpt are lost in that boring flat paint job. I like his sculpt the best, but compared to McF and Figma, his paint just plain sucks.

So, is there any really easy step by step instruction on how to line in the panels in a permanent (non-smudging) way, hopefully easy enough for a total idiot like me to understand?

I'd love to do my panel lines too, but I'm a total novice when it comes to paint and I'm afraid of ruining my toys. The NECA Robo definitely needs panel lines too....all the details of the sculpt are lost in that boring flat paint job. I like his sculpt the best, but compared to McF and Figma, his paint just plain sucks.

So, is there any really easy step by step instruction on how to line in the panels in a permanent (non-smudging) way, hopefully easy enough for a total idiot like me to understand?

Use tempera paints instead of acrylics then, it's way more forgiving......follow the discussion here:

https://cs.finescale.com/fsm/tools_techniques_and_reference_materials/f/13/t/97476.aspx

Essentially you thin down tempera paint with the same amount of water, a 50/50 mix.
Flow the paint into the panel lines.
When dry, wipe off mistakes with a moist rag.
Reapply as needed.

There are a lot of youtube videos on the panel line wash technique.

BOBBY

I just made a complete mess trying to paint the mask on a GI Joe figure.

If I can't even do that properly, no way am I gonna attempt anything that could ruin my ED or Robo. Shame too...the sculpting really would pop with just a few paint lines. Oh well. I'll leave that to braver souls with steadier hands than mine!

Received it yesterday.
Its a beautifull sculpt and great toy but im definitly spoiled by hot toys, the paint is too aproximate for me.
I envy those who customized it as it looks awesome once properly painted and weathered.
I tought about a commission to repaint it but it Will probably end up costing me as much as the hot toys one lol
The fact that i end up paying almost a 100$ for it doesnt help either.
So im gonna enjoy it for a while and sell it.

**** Deal Alert ****

Video game version of Robocop is now available at your local TRU for $24.99. This week on their website is a 20% off coupon. Use that and the price gets knocked down to $20!

Finally arrived. I love it!

1zefcr4.jpg

Congrats Lord Freezer.

So it looks like I will be officially the last guy here to get him in. :slap

My supplier still does not have him in-stock. :mad:

Back