Action Figure NECA: Blade Runner 2049 Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to rewatch Blade Runner a few times to really "get" it. The first time I saw it I was bored to tears by it. 15 years later and I remain convinced it's one of the greatest films ever made, especially in its director's cut form. The appeal lies in the slow burn, the atmosphere, and the subtle meditations on what it means to be human. You need to absorb a lot of the little details in the film before it really starts to slot into place, in my opinion.

I'll have to try that directors cut, the cut I watched had jarring editing too. I also didn't think Harrison Ford was good at all, he made goofy facial expressions.

I'll have to try that directors cut, the cut I watched had jarring editing too. I also didn't think Harrison Ford was good at all, he made goofy facial expressions.

It's worth watching every cut of it to see which you like best, honestly (you can skip theatrical and watch international instead, it's the exact same cut with a few seconds of extra violence). Even though it lacks Vangelis's beautiful score for the most part I ended up enjoying the workprint very much. The final cut is probably the best-quality version but it changed a few things from the director's cut that annoyed me for various reasons.

Something else to play around with on repeat viewings is to consider the Deckard-as-replicant possibilities throughout, and the fact that Roy, not Deckard, might be the actual hero of the film.

You need to rewatch Blade Runner a few times to really "get" it. The first time I saw it I was bored to tears by it. 15 years later and I remain convinced it's one of the greatest films ever made, especially in its director's cut form. The appeal lies in the slow burn, the atmosphere, and the subtle meditations on what it means to be human. You need to absorb a lot of the little details in the film before it really starts to slot into place, in my opinion.

I saw this opening night in '82 and by that time I was pretty sophisticated 15 year old cinephile. I walked out of the cinema speechless and confused. I did not know whether I liked it or not. I was expecting Indiana Jones vs. Alien. For all you youngins, there was no internet-only Starlog and Fantastic Films magazines and this is the way it was presented upon build up to its' release. I went to see it again the following night and it clicked. Mind you, this was the original happy ending voice over release. Over the ensuing years I'v seen every version at least 15 to 20x (not exaggerating) and find the Final Cut to be the most comprehensive version. To this day, it is my favorite movie.
My daughter who is 16 and applying to college as a film study major has been introduced to so many of my classics from the '70's through the early 2000's via trips to Alamo Drafthouse-on the big screen, the way it should be. We saw Blade Runner together two years ago and she had the same reaction as my 15 year old head. It was playing again for a few nights in March and we went again. Second time for her it clicked-we went again the following two nights. She absolutely loves this movie now. Sorry for the long rant, but this is the type of movie that requires repeated viewings because there is so much to absorb visually and thematically.

That's a good thing! BR is by no means a perfect film, but it is definitely an experience. Some love it, some hate it or are indifferent towards it.

All I can say is they don't make films like that anymore.

From Toyark:

SDCC-2017-NECA-Sci-Fi-001.jpg

SDCC-2017-NECA-Sci-Fi-002.jpg

From Youtube:
NECABRSDCC.jpg

Cinemachine Spinner:
NECABRSDCC2.jpg

Figures are now in stock on Neca's eBay and Amazon store with some new pics. Got mine ordered.
4cbcec6fc3f3194b2cbfae62e4a10942.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't look too bad, I didn't think his jacket was green in the film.

Seeing the finished figures I just realised how boring is the wardrobe. No color, no nothing. That 2049 Deckard looks like a regular guy down the bar. Sad.

Back