Action Figure NECA: Blade Runner 2049 Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
numbers says it earning ($195 mil) just passed production budget ($185 mil) - after 20 days of release

overall, it's not THAT bad, I guess

FYI original Blade runner - Total earning ($33 mil) - Production budget ($28 mil)

That's actually not that great.

If the film wants to make a profit and be considered doing well it needs to do double its budget.

Hopefully its Asia release and its final run at the cinemas can boost it around the $280m mark or so, but even still, while it will make its budget back, its profit will be small considering the cost to make the film and ultimately will be seen as a major underperformer.

It doesn't matter though, the original BR was niche too, BR 2049 will finds its broader audience over the years. Blu-ray sales could be decent too.

I'm currently trying to kitbash a K using a Drive headsculpt from Vimal. I feel he's the best Gosling so far. I just finished painting it last week. Just waiting for a (cheap) overcoat I ordered. Hopefully I can redo the collar, airbrush it and bring it close enough to the one in the movie.

5f64204c4a0742c53a690edbf612c494.jpg

dbc05a4ad3c1dbdb9442a74c2d7f780c.jpg

a26b2d090007fcb8242fd206203535da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks really good man.

I'm currently trying to kitbash a K using a Drive headsculpt from Vimal. I feel he's the best Gosling so far. I just finished painting it last week. Just waiting for a (cheap) overcoat I ordered. Hopefully I can redo the collar, airbrush it and bring it close enough to the one in the movie.

5f64204c4a0742c53a690edbf612c494.jpg

dbc05a4ad3c1dbdb9442a74c2d7f780c.jpg

a26b2d090007fcb8242fd206203535da.jpg

Looking excellent! Well done!

Got Deckard today. The likeness is so good even my parents knew it was Ford within the first 2 seconds of looking at it. Definitely one of the best NECA has ever done.

I know a few have said the Gosling likeness isn't that great on K but I'm still going to pick him up.

They both look like the actors. If anything the paint could be better, which is the norm for NECA anyway.

I picked up both guys in the end. Really nicely done. Can't say I'm fussed on the 2nd wave though.

Joi. I'd buy Joi.

I saw Randy already preparing people on twitter for the possibility that there won't be any more beyond series 2. Words like 'uncertain' were used. The last time I saw that was in relation to Rocky and I think the Rocky line is dead now after the Rocky IV figures.

I saw Randy already preparing people on twitter for the possibility that there won't be any more beyond series 2. Words like 'uncertain' were used. The last time I saw that was in relation to Rocky and I think the Rocky line is dead now after the Rocky IV figures.

Shame. I know the movie did not resonate with a huge majority of the public like Marvel movies seem to these days but its rare you get a sci fi movie that does not spoon feed you everything or is confined by a two hour time limit. Just hope it does well enough on home release to warrant us getting some form of continuation be it a Netflix series or anime.

It would suck if the line ended after the two waves. If only they had the seemingly unobtainable licence to do figures from the first film, too. That way they could have mixed characters from both films into each way (say 2 for each film), thus ensuring to keep interest strong. DC Collectibles did this with the Batman: TAS and TNBA line.

Yeah I still dont understand what makes it so hard to obtain, im sure Neca has tried, just have to wait for the rights to change hands I guess. Even still, Batty and deckard are likely the only two wed get, maybe a Rachel but it would not be a deep line

Been avoiding this thread somewhat due to possible spoilers. Just saw the movie today. Really enjoyed it. To my mind at least, probably the most debated question from the original was not answered.

So what is everyone's opinion. Is Deckard a Replicant?

Been avoiding this thread somewhat due to possible spoilers. Just saw the movie today. Really enjoyed it. To my mind at least, probably the most debated question from the original was not answered.

From what I understand : it doesn't matter

Im in the No camp, too many things wouldnt make any sense if he was, hes weaker, been around too long working as a bladerunner, and has now lived too long (2049), the whole gaff unicorn thing is a cery minor aspect that "could" imply he is, but it could mean a million other things too

Since I've seen 2049 I feel it makes more sense for him to not be a replicant. It would make his relationship with Rachel even more interesting

They look decent but I have no urge to buy either. Joi would have been better.

They look good to me. Extremely disappointed that we won't get a joi though.

Back