NECA AvP:R Figures...First Look

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mudshark, but I don't want to waste shipping money since I have about 3 stores near me that will carry these at some point, just not yet and I was wondering if people were finding them at places like Hot Topic or any of those that carry NECA figures.

Awesome pics sabres!
Thanks a lot.

While the articulation on the alien looks a bit toy-ish, the range of movement should be fantastic!
Looking forward to getting mine.

Oh, I see! :monkey1

Always great to save on shipping if you can find things near home. Do happen to have Spencer's Gifts out your way? I know they carry NECA stuff. It's kind of a timing thing, but you have any of their stores near you, it probably wouldn't hurt to give 'em a call.

Thanks Mudshark, but I don't want to waste shipping money since I have about 3 stores near me that will carry these at some point, just not yet and I was wondering if people were finding them at places like Hot Topic or any of those that carry NECA figures.

I know CornerStoreComics and Amazingtoyz have a good deal on the set. $22 plus shipping. You'll pay at least $15 or more in stores so you may actually get a better deal online. Plus, I'm not entirely sure they have hit brick and mortor stores yet.

I'd check though:
FYE
Spencers
Hot Topic

Those are the three stores I regularly check for NECA figures.

I just ordered a set from AmazingToyz. I didn't mind paying the shipping cost because I would spend more on gas running around trying to find them in a local store. My Jeep just loves to drink gas. I should have them on Tuesday.

those pics are sweeeeeeet!!!!!

i really like the pose of the predalien. the more and more i see it, the more and more i am impressed with it.

Well, my local comic shop got a few of these in, I snagged the only 2 they had, which thankfully were the open mouthed versions of both. I'll be taking pictures later on of course. Only negative I have really is that Predator isn't out yet, kinda stinks only having one side of the battle. However, all in all, I think NECA's doing better than McFarlane, better articulation, both points and tightness of joints, about eqaual in paint apps, and NECA's a littler better size wise. As for the figure quality, my only big negative is the lesser articulation in the PredAlien, however, thankfully, I am very happy with the overall pose t hey built it in so it doesn't bother me so much as figures without articulation that are sculpted in meh poses.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Cool pics (as usual), Sean! Glad you managed to find a set locally. I think the Wolf Predator will be released fairly soon, maybe sometime in January. Here's a link to where I pre-ordered mine...

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=NEC10743&mode=retail&picture=out

He looks pretty bad-ass for an 8" figure. I pretty much stopped collecting the smaller scaled figures some time ago, but I sometimes make an exception. This is one I just had to have.

I own some McFarlane pieces, because they've had the licenses I like, but overall, with the exception of Carpenter's Michael Myers, I've found NECA to be a superior product with everything they do and they continue to improve as well. Their early POTC Jack Sparrow's were great but the portraits were a little off, their most recent one was perfect and these AVPR figures are top notch.

Wow Sean you really outdid yourself on those pics. Much better than anything NECA has shot of them. You really ought to look into being a professional figure photographer for some companies, especially Sideshow. Can't wait to get these and see the film this next week.

Thanks guys, and I am definitely looking forward to the movie. I'm not feeling the idea of venturing out on Christmas day, even though we had Christmas at my house yesterday, I'm going to see AVPR and National Treasure 2 on the 26th. Even if I'm meh about the film/creatures, these are still cool figures.

here are mine

25124003.6fe44f.jpg

25124034.47a36b.jpg

25124036.578854.jpg

25124047.9265c8.jpg

25124057.493d5e.jpg

25124053.aae58c.jpg

25124051.0303a7.jpg

25124063.fcf1cc.jpg

25124059.6965ba.jpg

haven't been following this thread, but is anyone else having a hard time making the hybrid keep its balance?

Back