NECA AvP:R Figures...First Look

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
McFarlane is good awful CRAP. I sold every McFarlane piece i had except the original 12' Predator. They all couldnt stand for crap

I HATE Neca...just thought I would share that. :monkey3:monkey3 I keep giving them chances and they keep sending me crap products. Their 300 figures were horrible and I just got their Kratos and he can't even stand up with his blades and the paint apps are ghastly. Hope that for those of you who shell out for these figures they are better than the Neca poo I've received in the past.

I HATE Neca...just thought I would share that. :monkey3:monkey3 I keep giving them chances and they keep sending me crap products. Their 300 figures were horrible and I just got their Kratos and he can't even stand up with his blades and the paint apps are ghastly. Hope that for those of you who shell out for these figures they are better than the Neca poo I've received in the past.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

maybe you just got a bad load. never had a problem with their stuff. in fact, i have the gears of war stuff on preorder, stoked for those. i'll be picking up the wolf predator from this line :rock

Hot Toys and NECA Power Haul-er.
Waiting for McF's HALO figures, and Hot Toys AVP:R kits.

HT011.jpg

HT012-1.jpg
HT013.jpg

HT002.jpg

HT015.jpg

HT025.jpg

HT018.jpg

HT034.jpg

HT032.jpg

HT035.jpg

Nice FaceBox, I didn't know these were in stores, I'll have to go shopping this week. So, are they just releasing the Aliens right now, or is Wolf Predator available too?

Word on the street is that only the aliens are out now. The three versions of the Pred won't come out until sometime next year. :monkey2

Word on the street is that only the aliens are out now. The three versions of the Pred won't come out until sometime next year. :monkey2

Three versions? Hmm, I hadn't caught that, sucks that it'll take a while, but cool that multiple figures will be out. I see you've got some McFarlanes there, what's your opinion, and difference in quality overall? I always found the McF figures to be loosely jointed and didn't hold poses too well for long, especially without the base.

IMO, NECA has improved the 6" design of the aliens a lot.
The PREDALIEN could have some more articulation, but the Alien Warrior can not be beat! Even their jaws have articulation!

Quality wise... these are better. They come with their own bases etc, but the sculpt on the Predalien seems a little rough. Overall I'd give them a higher score than the McF's though.

Oh, and as for the 3 versions of Wolf Predator. 1 is Masked, and the other two are unmasked. The difference between the two unmasked ones lie with the mandibles. One is open and the other is closed.

Hopefully there's more than head differences on the press, otherwise NECA's ripping us off because Their Michael Myers from the Zombie film had interchangeable heads and it worked flawlessly and with the Wolf's armor, the seem can be hidden as well and you could have 3 heads, but there could be significant difference as well. If they're the same, I'll probably just get 2, one masked and probably flared mandibles unmasked.

Yup. They did the same with the two versions of the predalien.
The only difference is the open and closed mandibles. So I picked up the open mandible version and passed on the other. Not worth it IMO. And besides.. the ones from Hot Toys will have articulation there also. So thanks, but no thanks NECA.

The Predator has a Maskless and Helmeted version each with different gear. Then there's open mouth version which has only been shown in Toyfare, but no info has been released on it. Plus I'm sure there will be an Alien warrior with it's inner jaws out since they said they might do a variant. I think the Predalien with open mandibles should have had that, too.

Got mine today! :punk

Took a BUNCH of pics.

A couple of points...

The Alien is UBER poseable. I'm not a fan of the mid thigh/bisep cuts though. But this thing still has an amazing range of poses.
The Predalien...not so much. It's sculpted in a mid-torso twist pose and cannot be moved from that. So, if you're after a Predalien as poseable as the Alien...this isn't it.
You're pretty much confined to the one pose with some movement in the arms, legs and head.
I did spend some time with a blow dryer trying to get rid of that "Pippi Longstocking" look to it's dreads.

Also, and I haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere...but the jaws on both the Alien and Predalien are hinged! While it doesn't offer a wide range of motion, you can open and close their mouths.
There's extra jaw "tendon" length that slide up inside of the head when you move the jaw. VERY cool.

On to the pics. I've thrown in a McFarlane Hicks for scale (and the Aoshima Ripley for fun).

100_4079b.jpg

100_4065a.jpg

100_4062a.jpg

100_4063a.jpg

100_4068a.jpg

100_4067a.jpg

100_4069a.jpg

100_4070a.jpg

100_4071a.jpg

Con't....

Thanks for those nice, clear pics. NECA seems to have done a great job with them, which is a relief since they have seemed to have had some factory issues lately. I think the Hybrid design as a whole is perfect. You can clearly seen the predator influences, but yet it is still clearly an ALIEN and not a predator. It would be interesting to see a reverse hybrid - mostly predator origin instead of alien.

Back