NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m more inclined to buy updated versions of these characters at this scale than I am a $235 slight improvement of a 1/6 figure. So, I think Neca will always have customers. Even when they do stupid things.

As for Hot Toys, it’s sad to see that what helped build them up to the top of the food chain is now table scraps. I asked about a possible Big Chap 2.0 and already knew it would be the typical “we’ll forward this to our production team for reference” spill.

I’m more inclined to buy updated versions of these characters at this scale than I am a $235 slight improvement of a 1/6 figure. So, I think Neca will always have customers. Even when they do stupid things.

Thats been my thinking. For the cost of 2 HT Aliens you could buy a Queen and a few warrior aliens or enough marines to make an entire USCM squad.
I'm sure most of the Aliens line will see an update/re-issue in a few years, and even though NECA has said they won't do it I kind of fully expect all of The Lost Tribe from P2 to see an upgrade/re-release when they start skimming the bottom of the comic/video game Predators barrel.

Hello folks, let me introduce my latest repainting works based on Neca 7" Aliens figures. Commission works for burnside

Bi1.jpg
Bi5.jpg
c1.jpg
A1.jpg
A2.jpg
A3.jpg
A4.jpg
A5.jpg
A5-1.jpg
B2.jpg
B1.jpg
B5.jpg

Wonderful stuff SiriX!

Would love to see your take on Ripley/s.

You post anywhere about your methods/the brushes and paints you use? (Or is it a trade secret! :wink1:)

NECA Twitter roundup:

NECATwitterOnlyKennerMarines2019.jpg

Only Kenner Marines for 2019.

With Kenner Drake looking like he does, doesn't seem they've tooled a movie Drake or they'd of repainted that.

NECATwitterAlien40set.jpg

A Alien 40th Anni' Accessory pack. Likely Alien style egg and ???

NECATwitterAlien40UltChap.jpg

The already widely known/expected 40th Anni' Ultimate Big Chap.

Most likely come with a new original Alien style egg, much like the Ult Warrior.

As already spoken of here, they've got stiff competition this year/moving forward with Mafex. If the Mafex is half as decent as it's promos then it will take pride of place over NECA in the display.

Really needs to be a considerable improvement by NECA on the Big Chap, slight improvement on paint and finger articulation isn't enough.

NECATwitterA3QSDog.jpg

Lingering possibility of 1/4 Scale Dog Alien.

NECATwitterMoreKenner.jpg

More from Kenner to come. No surprise. Money saved (for that expensive Mafex Chap).

NECATwitterLittleNew.jpg

Little new for Aliens or Preds in general, just what we've already seen and been waiting for.

Ripley_in_hypersleep.jpg
Wake me up in 2020...

Actually though... Wouldn't that be a cool thing. Above. A hypersleep pod with Ripley in. A nice 40th Anniversary item. Not toyetic enough though I'm sure. Something for the customisers.

They always remain coy about figures and licenses. I bet we see Drake this year.

Wonderful stuff SiriX!

Would love to see your take on Ripley/s.

You post anywhere about your methods/the brushes and paints you use? (Or is it a trade secret! :wink1:)

No secrets, just a repaint and maybe a little bit of experience. 2 Ripley's in wip stage now, soon will be posted here I hope.

Those are boss repaints!

Thank you ;)

Hello folks, let me introduce my latest repainting works based on Neca 7" Aliens figures...
These are indeed amazing! I had the same question as TooNiche - whether there was a step-by-step process or some tutorial/resource that could guide someone towards achieving similarly impressive results. Ever since getting Bishop and seeing the stark contrast between the actual toy and NECA's prototype, I've had the idea that someday I'll get around to giving the human figures in my ALIEN collection a good repaint. While I'm accepting of most of the paint jobs on their human figures, it's clear that all of them could be considerably improved with better paint apps. If it just comes down to experience, then I guess I'd better start practicing!

Looking forward to seeing what you do with Ripley!

Loving how this pack is turning out. Wondering what the add on will be though ? Think it's gotta be either a Queen chestburster or maybe the dog or bull carcass from the start is the film.
I'm wondering if NECA might already consider that articulated 'juvenile queen' thing to actually be the queen chestburster. We all realize, of course, that it's way too large to properly qualify as such, so I hope you're right and they do make a smaller version. Other possibility for the remaining unseen 'something else' is an egg, since the A3 egg was of a different style than what was seen in the other films.

I had the same question as TooNiche - whether there was a step-by-step process or some tutorial/resource that could guide someone towards achieving similarly impressive results.

Sorry folks, but I don't have tutorials or wip photos from my painting process. Try search in Google, because all what you need: paint, brushes, experience.

Sorry folks, but I don't have tutorials or wip photos from my painting process. Try search in Google, because all what you need: paint, brushes, experience.

You've provided some of us with inspiration, so thank you for that! Hope to see you post more of your re-paints in the future.:)

You've provided some of us with inspiration, so thank you for that! Hope to see you post more of your re-paints in the future.:)
Previously, I had a feeling that the factories that Neca used for the paint apps robbed us of the real quality that Neca sculptors are known for. I am so happy that my hypothesis was confirmed and underneath it all the sculpts were great.

Hopefully, I can persuade SiriX to do the rest of the line. I’m certainly up for it.
Fingers crossed :)

Previously, I had a feeling that the factories that Neca used for the paint apps robbed us of the real quality that Neca sculptors are known for. I am so happy that my hypothesis was confirmed and underneath it all the sculpts were great.

Hopefully, I can persuade SiriX to do the rest of the line. I’m certainly up for it.
Fingers crossed :)

Apropos, today I spent almost an hour trying to pick one goddamn ultimate alien. I just couldn't find a decent one. It's probably the worst case of re-editing a figure - bent limbs (even from a tiny plastic tie), sloppy paint job, glue residues, etc. I don't know, the future doesn't look promising for me as a toy collector.

Apropos, today I spent almost an hour trying to pick one goddamn ultimate alien. I just couldn't find a decent one. It's probably the worst case of re-editing a figure - bent limbs (even from a tiny plastic tie), sloppy paint job, glue residues, etc. I don't know, the future doesn't look promising for me as a toy collector.
I guess that’s the factory problems they’ve talked about, delaying everything Aliens related for the whole year.

Back