NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the Alien 3 Weyland Yutani commando and Alien 3 Ripley yesterday. Really pleased with them. Not a fault to be seen. Can't wait to add the Resurrection Alien to my collection.

The Weyland Yutani Commando has got to be one of their very best figures - yet one of their slowest sellers in all likelihood.

Anyway, just snapped an arm of one of my brown Ultimate Warrior Aliens - a reminder that any pressure at all might be too much pressure for a stuck joint. I learn the hard way only to forget down the line and do it again. :slap

Last edited:
The Weyland Yutani Commando has got to be one of their very best figures - yet one of their slowest sellers in all likelihood.
probably because the suit itself was the dumbest thing in a movie since black and white movies robots.

probably because the suit itself was the dumbest thing in a movie since black and white movies robots.

That and the fact they aren't in the movie for very long and don't really do anything in it.
Figure wise I don't like the Weyland commando because it's lack of pose-ability, but I've been buying them loose to customize a small squad using the USCM bodies.

I think the Commando is one of my favorite figures actually, I love the design, but then I love the spacesuit designs from the first movie too. Just like that look of the characters.

:goodpost:

I think the Commando is one of my favorite figures actually, I love the design, but then I love the spacesuit designs from the first movie too. Just like that look of the characters.
Yeah, I’m not a fan of the Nostromo space suits either, but then, I’ve always hated Moebius (and his predilection for silly hats). :lol

I've never thought about the practicality of it, I guess it is pretty silly. Still, brilliantly executed figure and I've always had an odd love for heavy chunky characters in action figure form.

I've never thought about the practicality of it, I guess it is pretty silly. Still, brilliantly executed figure and I've always had an odd love for heavy chunky characters in action figure form.
i agree about the figure, almost bought it myself, just didn't find any use for it. but the suit itself really suffers from total lack of imagination.
alright, they didn't have money for anything but a dog training suit (to catch alive an animal that kills on sight and spits acid), because, you know, russian mafia interfered into elections of WY president and stole all money, but what are the masks supposed to be and do?

maxresdefault.jpg

The visuals make me want to like Resurrection but I just can't. Almost everything else lets it down.

That kind of thing can happen when a director known for interesting visuals directs a movie in a language he does not speak or understand using a tongue-in-cheek script from the guy who wrote Buffy the Vampire Slayer. That's not a great formula right there.

I don't know how they can make any excuse or justification for mass producing that figure and slap down ones people regularly request, really.

Back