NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm done, no more alien club for me! This kenner stuff keeps getting shoved down our throat and i'm sick of it. I get a lot of people like it but this exclusive was far lazier than i ever thought they would do. We just got the freakin light blue alien the wave before last and then they turn around and do the same figure in purple? What a joke! I would have loved a battle damaged hicks with an alternate head sculpt with headset and that wouldn't have required much effort on their part. Hey neca, stop being so cheap and reward loyal fans once in a while instead of making rainbow aliens.

I’m a diehard NECA fan but indeed I was hoping the exclusive would be something more like you mentioned.

And just watch, if you give up now, next year WILL HAVE something you really want.

We’re getting this exclusive from NECA Club x ALIEN. Kenner Purple Alien tribute. I’m not too excited.

58717dc01788d6a6e7f6bb2e25126c2d.jpg

Where did you read this? I don't see anything on twitter.

I’m a diehard NECA fan but indeed I was hoping the exclusive would be something more like you mentioned.

And just watch, if you give up now, next year WILL HAVE something you really want.

I hear ya! If it is something i want I'll just buy one off ebay, the price will be jacked up but it will be a wash considering the shipping costs from neca on their figures.

Personally I'm relieved but obviously it's a slap in the face for you to be forced to buy crap you don't want..to be rewarded with more crap you don't want.

Personally I'm relieved but obviously it's a slap in the face for you to be forced to buy crap you don't want..to be rewarded with more crap you don't want.
:goodpost:

I feel sorry for everyone who had to buy the skittle versions. The Burke figure being the club exclusive would have been a better option to reward the club members, or as stated before ,a OP's /battle damaged Hicks. How hard who that have been LOL

And the reward includes the option to BUY this figure, it’s not a freebie

And the reward includes the option to BUY this figure, it’s not a freebie

I think i still would have been offended if it was free - lol. Then i would send it to my buddy Scott along with a bag of skittles as a gag:).

NECA - N.E.C.A
1 hr ·

#FacehuggerFriday
==
NECA Club x ALIEN exclusive figure revealed!

The classic Kenner Tribute Purple Warrior is the perfect match for the 6-piece Kenner Tribute Diorama that club members received earlier this year. Based on the card art illustration and coloration, it stands over 9” tall and features over 30 points of articulation and a bendable tail. Release date coming soon!
NECA_OMG_AC_EOYE17.jpg

Oh. My. God.

I've been waiting for an email. Checking twitter. Signing into the Neca Store. Then this. I honestly think they're too ashamed to post this to their twitter.

As Staps1138 said, I was expecting disappointment, but this is a lower low than I could ever possibly have anticipated.

Yeah, f*#k it. Same as Staps1138. I'll just buy it off eBay.

I am also done with the Kenner Club.

What a crap end to year.

:goodpost:

I feel sorry for everyone who had to buy the skittle versions. The Burke figure being the club exclusive would have been a better option to reward the club members, or as stated before ,a OP's /battle damaged Hicks. How hard who that have been LOL

Those would of been better options. Even with Burke they could of made him different by doing him in his office suit or have Hicks as you said in a different attire. This Purple repaint is not only lazy but really a slap in the face for those who put their faith in the club.

I mean, I would of been pissed if the exclusive was a most wanted character for sure, but at the same time I would of understood why they did it. You want there to be SOME bonus from signing up and going in blind.

Does anyone else think Randy is just not into this line anymore to care what is being done with it ? In the beginning it seemed they were doing really well but now maybe Randy has something else new and shiny and now Aliens does not mean anything to him much anymore ?

No, it's still a bit premature to say that. I don't think there's yet any reason to believe that he isn't simply going to spread the line out over a long period of time. We just had a pretty good year for the Aliens 30th anniversary and we know at least that Drake will probably make it into the line. We're just going to have to put up with a lot of filler in the meantime...which apparently some people must be buying.

No, it's still a bit premature to say that. I don't think there's yet any reason to believe that he isn't simply going to spread the line out over a long period of time. We just had a pretty good year for the Aliens 30th anniversary and we know at least that Drake will probably make it into the line. We're just going to have to put up with a lot of filler in the meantime...which apparently some people must be buying.

Yeah they sell out here in the US , at least in the big stores. Even figures I didn't think were that good did. I think the blade fighter was dumb and that lost money , ash vs evil dead is still on shelves , rocky stuff didn't do well. So I think the biggest money maker is the predators and aliens. They nailed the turtles line.
Smart to go with foam for the cheap big stuff . Won't sell to great but cheap enough to get.
I honestly am not sure if they can make this much money in another line. Maybe ghost busters , DC is possible , marvel would be a tough one . It's been done to death.
If they stopped now I would still be happy with all of it. They should do berserk , dream come true

True. No need to jump ship yet as it were. Still, just so weird they are keeping everything hush hush at the moment except for the club exclusive.

For the commitment required, this it an insult.
I was expecting a diorama like the landing gear & chains fron ALIEN, or Hive victim from ALIENS, or Pressure door from ALIEN3.
No additional licencing required for those, plus club members would still have to buy it.
A simple repaint is super cheap. :slap

Back