NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they still make the figures I want I'll still be buying. ''We've come this far, we must go on''

I'm used to being ripped off on shipping and customs anyway.

If they still make the figures I want I'll still be buying. ''We've come this far, we must go on''

I'm used to being ripped off on shipping and customs anyway.

True. I am paying 50.00 AU per figure now with these but I still like them enough to at least collect the ones I really want but not so wanted that I need to have every single character they release.

yeah, If TRU goes under and NECA doesnt find another retailer, it will dramatically cut down what I buy. That's pretty much guaranteed.

As it is, impossible to get exclusives have already killed the completist mentality for me with the line. Comic & video game game aliens and preds make for cool toys and are a lot of fun for me, but if Im forced to buy online I can easily live with figures from the second Aliens flick only. Probably better that way since there's no way I'll ever be able to display 100's of figures at the same time anyway lol

I received series 12 from BBTS today, on a monday of all days. Past experience has taught me never to expect to receive anything on a monday.

Anyway, they look good. Vasquez and Ripley look clean. One of the Aliens looks like it'll have a warped leg though - god forbid it wouldn't.

I now notice that the jumpsuit and jacket are separate from Ripley's underlying body and she does have her vest underneath the jumpsuit but it's painted blue. I'm gonna have to fix that as the lack of white in that area has always looked off to me from when they first showed this figure. In the movie you can always see her white vest while she's wearing the jumpsuit. Another nitpick is her eyebrows - it doesn't seem to be a production flaw but her eyebrows are painted a little high for my liking and with too much of a rainbow-shaped curve. I don't know if fixing that would help the likeness any but maybe...

Vasquez looks flat-out awesome. Just a second head would have been nice with her wearing her headset and maybe an aggressive expression.

I received series 12 from BBTS today, on a monday of all days. Past experience has taught me never to expect to receive anything on a monday.

Anyway, they look good. Vasquez and Ripley look clean. One of the Aliens looks like it'll have a warped leg though - god forbid it wouldn't.

I now notice that the jumpsuit and jacket are separate from Ripley's underlying body and she does have her vest underneath the jumpsuit but it's painted blue. I'm gonna have to fix that as the lack of white in that area has always looked off to me from when they first showed this figure. In the movie you can always see her white vest while she's wearing the jumpsuit. Another nitpick is her eyebrows - it doesn't seem to be a production flaw but her eyebrows are painted a little high for my liking and with too much of a rainbow-shaped curve. I don't know if fixing that would help the likeness any but maybe...

Vasquez looks flat-out awesome. Just a second head would have been nice with her wearing her headset and maybe an aggressive expression.

Google 'neca aliens ripley repaint'. Then go to 'images' rather than the web tab. Some of the repaints look really good. Don't think anyone has repainted the new Ripley yet though.

Received Alien Club orders of series 11 and Covenant today, here in UK. Yay.. sort of. Only a few months after retail.

Here's hoping for series 12 for Christmas!

Well, both Ripley and Vasquez have the usual one short leg issue. I don't know what it is about the way they're constructing these figures now that, it seems more often than not, they can't stand up straight without a lean to one side.

And that Alien leg is even worse than it looked inside the package. I'd actually return this if I were in the US with the extent of the warping. No hairdryer treatment will fix it. At least it can still stand due to the tail.

Hah, the other Alien also has the same warped leg as it turns out, just slightly less noticeable. As always, thank you NECA packaging. Otherwise nice figures though.

Last edited:
The only Xenos without leg warp for me has been Grid and Warrior from AvP and the new one from Covenant. Debated scapping the rest of them. Tossed out my Mantis due to it falling apart while sitting on my self and debating ditching the Gorilla one too. Bugger is too heavy to get a good pose from.

Received Alien Club orders of series 11 and Covenant today, here in UK. Yay.. sort of. Only a few months after retail.

Here's hoping for series 12 for Christmas!

Nice, how long did delivery take from shipping notice?

The Covenant figures from the club are currently the only way to get them in the uk. Covenant still hasn't hit UK distributor / retailers!

Edit: Nevermind just got them :)

Nice, how long did delivery take from shipping notice?

The Covenant figures from the club are currently the only way to get them in the uk. Covenant still hasn't hit UK distributor / retailers!

Edit: Nevermind just got them :)

Yep! Notice was same day for me. I thought Covenant had hit retailers, hmm. Looking at them, I'm conflicted. They look like excellent figures, but the movie annoyed me so, that I can't decide how I feel about displaying them. :confused:

I saw them in my local shop and I'm in Ireland. Weird that we'd have them before the UK. The Alien looks very good, even though as I understand it, the design changed somewhat in the final film. Alas I didn't buy as I'm trying to stick to the classics only.

Thrilled to have the new Ripley and Vasquez, really essential figures. Want moar. Drake, Gorman, Ops Hicks, Ops Ripley, Sub-Level 03 Hudson

I've kinda warmed to these pulse rifle muzzle flash effects...provided you can get them on straight...and get them to stay on.

They've made one that fits the rifles with the sculpted straps and one to fit the rifles that don't have straps.

I tweeted Mark Rolston to see if i could get an update on a Drake figure and he replied back saying Neca wasn't able to make a deal. For whatever reason it sounds like Randy doesn't want to make Drake for some reason which ticks me off. So Burke - which I'll gladly buy but not Drake? Come on Randy!!

I tweeted Mark Rolston to see if i could get an update on a Drake figure and he replied back saying Neca wasn't able to make a deal. For whatever reason it sounds like Randy doesn't want to make Drake for some reason which ticks me off. So Burke - which I'll gladly buy but not Drake? Come on Randy!!

....w-wait...what?...no Drake?...

I've kinda warmed to these pulse rifle muzzle flash effects...provided you can get them on straight...and get them to stay on.

They've made one that fits the rifles with the sculpted straps and one to fit the rifles that don't have straps.

Some of the muzzle flashes work on the copies i have and some just flat out will not making them useless.

....w-wait...what?...no Drake?...

Mark did say maybe down the line but still, Drake along side Vas is a must. Maybe Mark is asking too much but you can tell he really wants a figure made and I'm sure he'd settle for the same fee Jenette got just to have a figure made. Stuff like this and of course the John Connor situation make me lose interest. I mean if we are buying up the neca stuff why doesn't he listen to us a little more instead of making stuff that is even more obscure than characters we've been asking for?

Back