NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah this line has been the most fun to collect as far as NECA figures go.

I agree and for me even if Drake ends up being the last new figure from the film I'll be very satisfied with the depth of the line. Having said that i think neca will still try to get another likeness or 2 before its all said and done. I never would have imagined any modern collectible company would have gone this deep into the line but I'm sure glad they have.

I won't say I'd be satisfied if he were the last but I will give credit that 30 years after Aliens came out someone finally came along and made a decent line of action figures from it.

Ripley
Hicks
Hudson
Vasquez
Bishop
Frost
Newt
Burke
Accurate Powerloader and Alien Queen in the same scale, together.
Now it looks like we'll get Drake

It seemed like this would never happen when McFarlane stopped at just Hicks.

I won't say I'd be satisfied if he were the last but I will give credit that 30 years after Aliens came out someone finally came along and made a decent line of action figures from it.

Ripley
Hicks
Hudson
Vasquez
Bishop
Frost
Newt
Burke
Accurate Powerloader and Alien Queen in the same scale, together.
Now it looks like we'll get Drake

It seemed like this would never happen when McFarlane stopped at just Hicks.

Don't get me wrong, i hope we get more for sure. It's funny that you mentioned the McFarlane Hicks, i was so excited when i found out they were making him then so puzzled why they didn't make more from Aliens. Back then i was also stunned at how awesome i thought he was at the time - things have come a long way.

I know i sound greedy for saying this the same night we got the news about Drake but i hope we also get the sub level 3 retreat Drake with normal head after he loses his smartgun and acid burned head and i even hope Drake gets the Kenner treatment at some point.

Don't forget they've also ventured into accessory packs.

Yes, and very good accessory packs - both have been incredible sets. I sure hope they make corridor/hallway pieces at some point and lockers. The kind you can connect together to make bigger set pieces with.

If they start making those then they have to make the rest of the team. Why go through all that effort an then bail?

Don't get me wrong, i hope we get more for sure. It's funny that you mentioned the McFarlane Hicks, i was so excited when i found out they were making him then so puzzled why they didn't make more from Aliens. Back then i was also stunned at how awesome i thought he was at the time - things have come a long way.

I know i sound greedy for saying this the same night we got the news about Drake but i hope we also get the sub level 3 retreat Drake with normal head after he loses his smartgun and acid burned head.

Yeah that's an essential variant to me.

As for the McFarlane Hicks - that was Movie Maniacs series 7 if I remember right and it also included Robocop. They went down the crapper immediately after that leaving a lot of us confused. Things seemed to be going well with the movie licenses. Alas no more marines and no ED-209. NECA delivers on this stuff all these years later.

If they start making those then they have to make the rest of the team. Why go through all that effort an then bail?

I'll buy all the humans from the Aliens movie so that sounds great to me. So, after the Drake announcement we have the following Marines left unmade:

-Apone
-Gorman
-Dietrich
-Wierzsbowski who has passed away sadly
-Crowe who also has sadly passed away
-Ferro
-Spunkmeyer

Did i miss any? Apone, Crowe and Ski would be the easiest for Neca to make since they have the base body and weapons already made but with 2 actors who portrayed Crowe & Ski deceased and Al Matthews supposedly unable to be reached that may be hard to do or Neca may not want to try due to the sensitive nature of them passing. Dietrich was much shorter but the base body & armor is for the male body and would require a lot of retooling but they may be able to use a lot from the Vasquez body. Of course Gorman and the 2 dropship pilots would be all new tooling and less likely but not impossible.

If we now dare to assume Drake as a given my next choice is Gorman. I haven't really studied his looks throughout the film but I think I would go with his post-concussion look, Ops battle up to his demise.

My order of priority

1) Gorman (Survives as long as Vasquez!)
2) Apone
3) Dietrich (for a somewhat major interaction with our Alien warrior and Frost figures!)
4) 'Bowski
5) Crowe
6) Ferro
7) Spunkmeyer

If we now dare to assume Drake as a given my next choice is Gorman. I haven't really studied his looks throughout the film but I think I would go with his post-concussion look, Ops battle up to his demise.

My order of priority

1) Gorman (Survives as long as Vasquez!)
2) Apone
3) Dietrich (for a somewhat major interaction with our Alien warrior and Frost figures!)
4) 'Bowski
5) Crowe
6) Ferro
7) Spunkmeyer

Gorman would be next on my wish list too since I've got customs of Apone, Ski, Crowe & Dietrich but i would like the initial drop, pre concussion look with his coat, hat & headset. I'm probably in the minority on that one though.

I'd like that too ideally but my thinking is we don't and won't have an APC to sit that version of Gorman in. You could do the scene where they find the facehugger tubes though...and in fact we would then have all the characters from that particular scene if I'm not mistaken (counting the yet unmade Drake) so yeah I'd definitely like that....but the OPs battle..the air ducts scene....

Maybe he's busy with this Toys'r'us situation?
I was thinking of getting that Cameron figure. Is it a toys'r'us exclusive? Something tells me it is
Of course Gorman and the 2 dropship pilots would be all new tooling and less likely but not impossible.
I've seen Gorman customs based off Neca T-1000. Looking sick and movie accurate

20170921_221655-1.jpg
20170921_221754.jpg

A heads up for those of you out hunting for series 12 this weekend:
I think NECA has made a running change (for the better!) to the head sculpt on Bomber Jacket Ripley.
Either that, or I've managed to score one of the most fantastic factory defects ever!
In any event, I have in my possession a NECA Ripley that actually looks like Sigourney Weaver!!! :yess:

I'm struggling to get good photos in current lighting (what, with my cell phone and both figures still in package, of course photos won't do the sculpt justice), but here's a quick comparison shot: New Ripley with old Final Batttle headsculpt next to New Ripley with (allegedly) brand new headsculpt revision.

Ripley_comparison.jpg

In hand, looking at them side by side, the differences are SUBTLE, and yet these small changes - thinning the lower lip, squashing the distance between brow and chin really make such a huge difference.

I tried to get some good photos to show you all just how well it resembles Sigourney Weaver, but the best I could get tonight was just this one:

Ripley_-_best_shot.jpg

If this really is a newly revised headsculpt and not just some messed up pull from the mold, then hopefully this variation starts becoming easier to find. Out of the eight Bomber Jacket Ripleys I've seen first hand so far, only this one had the improved headsculpt.

My TRU has had several Lamberts sitting on the shelf all this week. Went in yesterday to finally get her and she's all gone. Serves me right. Waiting for a restock. LOVE that there is finally a figure of her. I'll take any version of Parker or Brett if they can be made.

Back