NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so lost wave is shipping? Still listed as pre order where I got them from (BBTS). I've still not received my queen yet from them as well!

UPDATE:
Wow, that was a fast response:

Neca Club CS said:
Neca Club CS
to me

Hi,

At this time international shipping is turned off. Do not worry however we will turn it back on at a later date to make sure international customers can purchase the Alien SDCC exclusive.

Well, let's hope so. Limited to 3000 units.

View attachment 348457
Figures came out great. Minor nit picks, Vickers eyebrows are too dark, the black mascara makers her eyes appear squinty, the prototype had light brows and eyeliner. Her pupils are too large, obscuring the pale blue of her eyes. I'd say because of the paint app, she's the weakest of the three. Because of Shaws hair, her head doesn't appear to fit too good inside lower part of helmet, her head to high on her neck. Both women share the same body, but Vickers has problems standing, mine anyway. Very stiff joints, even after boiling water they go back to extremely stiff. Haven't yet been able to get Fifields helmet on, the shape of his head makes it difficult. Probably have to remove the head, put helmet on first, than the head. The glass of his helmet appears totally black in production pics, but it is transparent. The figures are great none the less and appreciate them. Think if they had gone a different direction with the release of the Prometheus line, more of the characters over the repaint engineers, we might have gotten the captain, Milford and Hallaway.

Thanks for the image and short review. I saw the pics on Toyark and wasn't sure. As much as I want a figure of Shaw, I don't think I can get this one. I've been spoiled by Hot Toys and there is no reason that we should not have her figure. Maybe at SDCC this year...

Neca won't be giving us anymore crew from the Prometheus, but Diomand Select is releasing seven inch figures from Dark Tower of Idris IMG_5586.jpgElba (Captain Janek). Easy custom build there. Just swap out Fassbenders head for Elbas.
Be a while though, first quarter 2018. But I guess we're all use to waiting.

Anyone else think they will soon be making a larger scale dog alien from 3 or the bambi version ? Given how much collectors seem to love that sculpt out of the Alien 3 wave along with the WY Dog Catcher Commando, I think the larger scale would sell well.

Wont lie though. If they also made a larger scale WY Commando I would buy one too.

I know it makes sense for the Ultimate Xenomorph but, aren't we all so happy to know we are going to get more open eggs and facehuggers for the collection...

I remember back when I never had a single facehugger or egg and was soo hyped up about getting the first ones with Series 5 bishop... funny how quickly it went from that to ending up boxing away loads of open eggs and FH.

I know it makes sense for the Ultimate Xenomorph but, aren't we all so happy to know we are going to get more open eggs and facehuggers for the collection...

I remember back when I never had a single facehugger or egg and was soo hyped up about getting the first ones with Series 5 bishop... funny how quickly it went from that to ending up boxing away loads of open eggs and FH.

:lecture The open egg and facehugger makes sense for the newb buyer but for the hardcores it's a waste. Closed eggs should outnumber open eggs in the Queen's hive. I would have loved the opportunity to beef up my army of Warriors while simultaneously growing the nest.

This is another reason the carton set should have had 5 closed eggs to a single open one. Any egg packed with a figure is always going to be an open egg for the 'play value'.

I still have my old mould i made for my closed eggs. I might see if I can churn out a few closed eggs!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

do you guys think neca will release an ultimate big chap and dog alien in the future?

They've already teased at a ultimate (i believe) big chap down the road and there is the molten lead dog alien version we may get later. I just hope the molten lead dog alien isn't the end of the year alien club exclusive - i want something better but that's just me.

They've already teased at a ultimate (i believe) big chap down the road and there is the molten lead dog alien version we may get later. I just hope the molten lead dog alien isn't the end of the year alien club exclusive - i want something better but that's just me.

Me too. That would be incredibly lame. Please don't let that happen.

RE: The eggs.

Not surprised these are the accessories, thought as much. Basically the Arcade Warrior again but in movie colours, bet the layout is all the same inside.

And yeah, I'd of prefered closed eggs too, but understand why they went with open.

Way I see it, if your aiming for a Queen encounter hive setup then you do need mostly closed. But if you go for the first firefight then the eggs there are all empty from being used up on the dead colonists. I don't recall seeing any closed eggs when the marines are walking around, and they don't have to deal with any facehuggers. So that would be a use for them.

aliens-movie-screencaps.com-8296.jpg

Is there anyone that can help me out with the sdcc sewer alien? Not a alien club member but want him to put with my turtles stuff.

Please just let me know
Thanks

The problem with so many open eggs is I don't have enough fodder bodies to use as chest bursted/face hugged colonists.

man, hate to say it, but I think the exclusives are turning me off to the alien and predator lines. It's been a good run, but the thought of having to put a bunch of effort and money into completing a collection of 7" action figures is getting to be too much for this old man with enough work to do in regular life.

Sewer xeno looks great and red shirt Dutch is one I really actually wanted pretty badly, same with SDCC Newt (never got because Id rather put that kind of money into a nice 1/6 figure). Think it's time to start relaxing on these lines and just cherry pick a few here and there..

man, hate to say it, but I think the exclusives are turning me off to the alien and predator lines. It's been a good run, but the thought of having to put a bunch of effort and money into completing a collection of 7" action figures is getting to be too much for this old man with enough work to do in regular life.

Sewer xeno looks great and red shirt Dutch is one I really actually wanted pretty badly, same with SDCC Newt (never got because Id rather put that kind of money into a nice 1/6 figure). Think it's time to start relaxing on these lines and just cherry pick a few here and there..

$42 shipped for a variant figure I didn't really want based on a reference I don't get was enough to dissuade me from picking up the Sewer Alien. So my collection will never be "complete", but I'm ok with that. If they end up making Resurrection figures I'll never buy the Newborn (worst thing to ever happen to the franchise, IMO) so I'll never be 100% complete anyway.

NECA preys on the completists.

Back