NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pic with the alien and the smart gun is awesome, nice to see someone having fun

Thx ^^ , to bad the flame of the smart gun is broken and the tiny part gets lost in a second. I think i will never find it again. :-(
She is my first human figure of the alien series.
im looking forward to other marines.

Nice pics!

Alien just drank his first frozen drink....arggg brain freeze...

IMG_3445.JPG

Last edited:
The Narcissus is the only cinemachine I bought from wave 2 and I really like it.
Yeah it shows even in pics.

I reviewed the series here in this thread, The short answer is that the Narcissus is the best of the second series.
My original but shortened review:

I should add that Eaglemoss has the license for the Alien and Predator movies. Right now they're just making small figurines and one large Xeno statue, but they did say they're also making ships so it's possible they'll make a Narcissus in the future. If they do, expect it to be smaller than the NECA version but probably done better.
Oh nice, thanks for all that.

I'll probably get it then. I'll go read your full post.

I got word my 2 pack shipped from BBTS, so hopefully I won't get a wonky paint job one. As with the Ripley/Newt 2 pack, there was bad paint aplication on that, so I really do think it's hit or miss with these. IIRC I've only got the Prometheus lost wave left on anything preorder from Neca....

Ah okay, hope that clears it up for jye4ever. After watching reviews the variant just seems like a lighter brown drybrushed in more areas than the brown version. Don't really see any grey, if anything a darker cream/ light brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is grey as ****! lol

Mine was just basically a lighter brown. It may have a tinge of grey mixed into the brown.Either way it's really just a variant and not really accurate to anything on screen. The actual 'brown' version is pretty close to the actual brownish overall look of the prop pieces.Of course the NECA paint job has none of the actual paint detail of the real props.

This picture of the fullsize paint reference, when it was hanging in ADI's shop, shows how much darker brown and less of the overall finer paint detail that's visible when not being put under typical studio high intensity lighting.

A3 fullsize 1.jpg

Picked up the Hicks/Hudson 2 pack and the "weathering" on the rifles is pretty terrible. It's just big thick silver lines of paint. Other than that, however, at least all the other paint apps seem good. I don't have any wonky eyes or missing eyebrows. I can't really comment on joints or plastic quality as I haven't taken them out of the packaging.

i guess Hicks&Hudson two pack bootlegs just hit ebay, as they are sold for half the price and from GuangDong.
hmmm i wonder - if originals have terrible quality, maybe the bootlegs will have it better? because previous bootlegs were better than the problems you guys described about official Hicks & Hudson :lol

Picked up the Hicks/Hudson 2 pack and the "weathering" on the rifles is pretty terrible. It's just big thick silver lines of paint. Other than that, however, at least all the other paint apps seem good. I don't have any wonky eyes or missing eyebrows. I can't really comment on joints or plastic quality as I haven't taken them out of the packaging.

Yeah, those weathering marks might as well have been left off. The straps seem to be an improvement over the originals though. I don't see them cracking where they attach to the rifle, and there's not a bunch of excess glue either. I still might replace them . Same goes for the motion tracker straps, and the strap on hick's shotgun holster.

Also, last night the right hip joint on my Vasquez finally freed itself. I had tried every method imaginable months ago and could not get her leg to move forward or back.

I picked her up last night, checked the leg joint, tried moving it a couple times, and it made a load crack sound. I thought for a second that I had broken it, but that was not the case. I'm relieved that she's finally the way she should be. Vasquez is certainly one of neca's best figures of 2016. I wish they would continue with that level of quality when it comes to pint apps and plastics.

i guess Hicks&Hudson two pack bootlegs just hit ebay, as they are sold for half the price and from GuangDong.
hmmm i wonder - if originals have terrible quality, maybe the bootlegs will have it better? because previous bootlegs were better than the problems you guys described about official Hicks & Hudson :lol
s-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpg from the listing I found on ebay, I'd say no the eyes are horrible:rotfl

well i never liked their helmeted face expressions anyway.

3a6cb104adc7dd41ba82820c18621d32.jpg

still i needed them. wasn't intending to use helmeted heads. uncertain about purchasing now, after your sad reviews of quality.

Yeah, I've always hated those yelling headsculpts. I don't understand why they couldn't give us new heads with removable helmets. Or just removable helmets atleast.

I don't see how NECA can be proud of some of this stuff. The original sculpts for a lot of these things are gorgeous and professionally done, but then they go through the mass production process and come out looking like dollar store toys or literal bootlegs.

Mine was just basically a lighter brown. It may have a tinge of grey mixed into the brown.Either way it's really just a variant and not really accurate to anything on screen. The actual 'brown' version is pretty close to the actual brownish overall look of the prop pieces.Of course the NECA paint job has none of the actual paint detail of the real props.

This picture of the fullsize paint reference, when it was hanging in ADI's shop, shows how much darker brown and less of the overall finer paint detail that's visible when not being put under typical studio high intensity lighting.

View attachment 328490

Not gonna lie, if I ever win the lottery or come into a high paying one off job I would so be buying that Alien 3 sculpt and putting it in my collection room. That design just lends itself to some amazing sculpture work.

:lol

So because a sculpt doesn't nail the exact degree of expression in a specific shot you happen to find in a google search that means it doesn't look like them?

Back