NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly I got one with bad paint from the NECA ebay store- mess near his hairline, wonky sideburn and paint chipping near his mouth. I want to get another one at some point - I still have no choice but to buy blind though.

That's what stopped me from getting a lot of Necas offerings. They had seven Ripley/newt two packs at toysrus and every single one had issues. If Ripley wasn't cross eyed, her teeth weren't painted correctly. And if Ripley looked perfect, then newt had scratches and paint chips all over her face. So I just said F it lol, no sense in spending $45 on something that looks like garbage.

That's what stopped me from getting a lot of Necas offerings. They had seven Ripley/newt two packs at toysrus and every single one had issues. If Ripley wasn't cross eyed, her teeth weren't painted correctly. And if Ripley looked perfect, then newt had scratches and paint chips all over her face. So I just said F it lol, no sense in spending $45 on something that looks like garbage.
For exactly the same reason I hesitated to buy Ripley/ Newt 2-pack. Here in Europe, the set is sold for about $60. For this amount it's a bit hard to swallow those faces.

I can usually look past paint flaws with in reason. I bought a second Ripley/Newt set online from TRU. That is the worse paint application on any figures I have. Makes me want to stop ordering figures online.

I've bought individual figures on ebay with no problem, but I make sure that I can see the actual figure I'm getting before hand. I took a gamble picking my two up from Toys R' Us (I figured it didn't matter, since I could use the "bad" ones for custom fodder). I only took the dive because it was starting to look like my comic store wouldn't be getting them.

I do plan on picking up a third two pack for a pair of customs(using the Nathan Drake figure), I can post pictures of the heads from the two pack and if anyone wants them they can have them. I won't have any need for them and it'll be better than having them sit in my parts bin forever or wind up in the trash

Any review where the figure/figures are supplied to the reviewer for free I disregard. They're always going to be biased 5 star, positive reviews that don't list any faults or flaws. That guy did seem to get one with nicely painted eyes though.

I actually prefer the original releases to these. I hate how glossy Hicks and Hudson's faces look. The matte finish on the older ones were way better, especially Hicks. I don't see why they have Hudson such cartoony looking eyebrows, the original didn't have them.

The only improvement I think is the helmeted Hudson. That new beige helmet color is way more accurate

The gas thing about that review is no one bothers to describe the armour in reviews - the one guy who does assigns the wrong name to each.

God damn it seems like what ever factory they are using for the human Alien figures is really not very good in their quality control. Heck, I know I have not been in the serious collecting game that lone, but I have never heard of a company being so blatantly blase about their customers saying their are serious QC issues with a line.

God damn it seems like what ever factory they are using for the human Alien figures is really not very good in their quality control. Heck, I know I have not been in the serious collecting game that lone, but I have never heard of a company being so blatantly blase about their customers saying their are serious QC issues with a line.

Be careful now. You'll be labeled a hater or worse a troll, by Randy, whose behavior over a persons critique of their products verges on Trumpism even before we had Donald J. Trump as a presidential candidate. Randy seems to think, though you spend your money on their product, you're not entitled to an opinion or feelings on the quality of said product. And that person with the Marilyn Manson avatar will be all over you like the true Neca kiss ass that that person is.

God damn it seems like what ever factory they are using for the human Alien figures is really not very good in their quality control.
Well, they are the ONLY company who follows the Aliens line and for that I'm grateful.

The painjob is not consistent and it's been like this for years (Bishop vs Vasquez), so I've found an artist for all of my marines. I guess that's the only real option for any alien fan collecting neca

I know that this doesn't really fit in this thread, but the only other thread it might work in is HT Ripley. Just thought you guys might be interested. It's 1/6.
facehugger.jpg

Looks like the NECA tube (which is way oversized). Did someone jack up the incorrect NECA dimensions?

If it actually is 280mm, that is 11 inches tall, which would be roughly 5ft 6in tall in 1:1 scale. The actual NECA tube in its original form is actually very close to 1/6th scale. Jacking it up is just crazy.

I like NECA, i really do. People need to stop using them for scale reference. The predator height, the hugger tubes, the motion trackers. They are comically inaccurate (proportionally speaking)

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1125

Not positive but 5' to 6' tall seems to be right for those tubes.

They really weren't that big. They looked tall because they were on a blocky stand of some type which itself was on a waist high table.

Biehn is 6 feet tall. It goes from his belly button to just over his head. So ~3.5ft max
Hugger Tubes height.jpg

If these $100 tubes are really 28cm tall, it may look impressive as a display item on its own or even look passable with the 1/4 scale figures, but they won't be close to accurate for 1/6th.

Last edited:
i wonder what happened to this.

NECA-Royal-Facehugger-Preview.jpg

that's what i actually hoped for - instead of that red cartoonish variant.

sooooo i could avoid buying that kenner inspired 3-pack and just wait patiently. damn.

Yeah. They just resized it, repainted it and tossed in a repainted version of the standard 7" scale version as an accessory. Too bad the bigger one is cast in that transparent red plastic. I want to get one to repaint the proper brown, but there's no way to get rid of the red webbing without making it opaque. Only alternative it to buy one and recast it myself without the red tint.

Back