NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. The only thing I want from this line now is the Queen Facehugger. Interested to see what they do with some of the other Kenner Aliens, but nostalgia isn't hitting me as hard with the Aliens as it is with the Predators.

The Gorilla Alien is my most-wanted Kenner figure from either line (very closely followed by the brown and yellow Predator from the Aliens vs Predator two-pack, though I really hope we get a re-release of that with the ultimate Jungle Pred body).

That said, I really wish they'd worked out some stumpier legs for the Gorilla Alien. The long legs just look wrong.

Still cannot find a blue Alien Queen at a decent price. Really kicking myself for not picking it up sooner.

Well, if NECA can listen to fans and reissue Hudson and Hicks then maybe a second release of the blue Queen may be possible. I mean, we got another LV 426 day coming up and there were rumours for a while about a Queen pack in with a egg sack and throne seat to put her on.

The Gorilla Alien is my most-wanted Kenner figure from either line (very closely followed by the brown and yellow Predator from the Aliens vs Predator two-pack, though I really hope we get a re-release of that with the ultimate Jungle Pred body).

That said, I really wish they'd worked out some stumpier legs for the Gorilla Alien. The long legs just look wrong.

I think that is really whats throwing me off in liking the Gorilla completely. It just looks too lean to be genetically spawned from a Gorilla which is beefy and kind of huge.

I mean, we got another LV 426 day coming up and there were rumours for a while about a Queen pack in with a egg sack and throne seat to put her on.
she didn't sit on any throne, she was helplessly hanging on restricting straps attached to the upper tubes, waving legs in the air if she wanted to stand up:slap
pretty much like in avp movie, where organic restricting straps were replaced with mechanical claws.
I got the Queen in the first run. Because it's Kyle Windrix's Sistine Chapel and knew it would be hard to find.
i got her while i didn't want to buy Neca at all at that time, but all those photos showed that she was like coming alive from the screen. so accurate.

It's cool to know that in this rare instance, HT have their asses handed to them for accuracy. No one nails the creature design like NECA does. All I'd want from HT now are 2.0's of P1 and Dutch next year for the anniversary. It's possible Fox told them to hold off plans until then.

I think that is really whats throwing me off in liking the Gorilla completely. It just looks too lean to be genetically spawned from a Gorilla which is beefy and kind of huge.

I've decided he's actually spawned from one of the gorilla soldiers in Planet of the Apes :)

And personally, I'd like a black Queen a la the Genocide Warrior or the TRU Alien vs Predator 2-pack. I don't like the blue or the brown for the xenomorphs (although it works fine for the Gorilla, since the colors are part of the appeal of that line for me).

she didn't sit on any throne, she was helplessly hanging on restricting straps attached to the upper tubes, waving legs in the air if she wanted to stand up:slap
pretty much like in avp movie, where organic restricting straps were replaced with mechanical claws.
i got her while i didn't want to buy Neca at all at that time, but all those photos showed that she was like coming alive from the screen. so accurate.

Custom dio by HALCION@brandonrflores (twitter), get a chance check out his work, worth the time ( disclaimer- will make you feel jealous and/or inferior )
CoOUOgNVYAAVXQ3.jpg

The big photo shoot is up. I'm sold on all but that Mantis is in a class of its own. Wowza.

Aliens Series 10 by NECA – Toyark Photo Shoot

Aliens-Series-10-by-NECA-117-928x483.jpg

Any guesses on the next Kenner wave? I want to see them try the scorpion, killer crab, and flying queen designs. I think the scorpion - my first Aliens toy and what got me into the franchise in the first place - was probably the least 'creature' like and had more in common with a normal Xenomorph than the others.

Fair to say Ripley isn't getting out that situation alive.

They look like great figures, alas I can't buy everything. I must resist.

I have yet to email BBTS about this but it's so bizarre - with the shipping quotes I'm being given I could get the Sideshow Space Jockey for $16.25 cheaper than the NECA one. WTF....

Last edited:
I have yet to email BBTS about this but it's so bizarre - with the shipping quotes I'm being given I could get the Sideshow Space Jockey for $16.25 cheaper than the NECA one. WTF....

Lower shipping for Sideshow's maquette is probably because it comes disassembled in 3 separate pieces and so is probably able to be packed into a smaller box. Still, the difference is ridiculous, and hopefully once they've actually received NECA's product the shipping rate will drop from (what I hope is just) an overly-cautious estimate to a more reasonable and fair fee. Neither ToyWiz nor Entertainment Earth seem to be charging close to the same amount.

HT's Elder Pred 2.0 was actually nice, hope some of that translates over to a new JH.
"nice" and "accurate" are different things. he might be "nice" but is still absolutely inaccurate in every aspect of sculpt and paint.
Custom dio by HALCION@brandonrflores (twitter), get a chance check out his work, worth the time ( disclaimer- will make you feel jealous and/or inferior )
attachment.php
:thud:

Last edited:
Fair to say Ripley isn't getting out that situation alive.

They look like great figures, alas I can't buy everything. I must resist.

BBTS Shipping are always overcharging for their shipping to europe. I've had some crazy shipping quotes from them.

Last edited:
This kenner wave looks good, but I'm going to pass for now. The mantis is very 90's looking, reminds me of some of the beast wars figures I had as a kid.

The combo of HT JH and Dutch was great back in the day.

Repeat.

Back in the day.
they are better than some modern HT representations of Schwarzenegger or Predator.
but back then - yes. i remember rumors about HT making P1 finally, than first promo pics, showing beautiful semitransparent teeth and famous Sideshow bust horse face...
than people buy it and look at first midget HT predator. :lol

Back